# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

TNT and Steadfast are my favorites of Clay's CD's.

Loved the show last night..yep time for Lou to go...I had to smile when Ivanka called out Aubrey. I liked Unanimous's commercial better..we sell the Entertainment books as a fundraiser at the library so I can relate to the coupon cutting (and I cut coupons every week before I go shopping) and I like that they showed both ways of accessing the coupons. Might have been old-fashioned but I think a lot of people beside me could relate to that.

The other commercial just did not grab me and found the woman annoying..it just would not have enticed me to check out Entertainment.com.

Kim

We celebrated Easter in the hospital last night with some take out Swiss Chalet. We commandeered a few tables in the large sitting room down the hall and had ourselves a little feast. Mom said it was the best food she'd eaten in a month. I think she is pretty sick of hospital food at this point!

Living in Toronto without internet for a week is going to be interesting. Occasionally I can find a low speed unsecured wireless connection from a distant neighbour and borow it (like now), but generally not. I have one of those mobile internet sticks that my boss lent me for the duration of my stay here, but I don't want to use it for non-work stuff since the company gets a bill for it. Last night I kept up with Clay's tweets on my Blackberry during the show. Thank God mom gets NBC. cryingwlaughter.gif

I was so glad to see the back end of Lou. It's about time he got fired because honestly he really DOES bring nothing to the table but his muscles (and it pains me to agree with Lisa L on that). However, I also have to agree with Clay that it was quite the feat for him to do the show without a sign language interpreter, using only lip reading. I'm glad that Clay seems to have stayed on good terms with most everyone since he show ended.

I'd love to see Lisa L get fired next week. I just don't understand what Clay sees in her. Yes, she's direct and authentic. She's also a nasty bitch.

I'm glad I missed all the drama on other boards about Clay's "Invisible" answer. It never ceases to amaze me how some fans can completely either ignore or erase from their memory all his previous answers on the subject. And also, his tweet reply to a Canadian fan about calling your local orchestra to book him was a pretty direct hint (to me at least) that the tour will be a symphony tour again (whether it's a Christmas tour or not). Hey, one of my favourite tours was the DCAT (aka SRHP) so I'm happy either way! I hope he combines Christmas with the best of Clay Aiken like he apparently did last year for Gala. I'm still kicking myself for missing that.

Per the OFC, Clay will be doing a video chat on Wednesday, April 11th at 8:00 Eastern! In the OFC News forum/

Per the OFC, Clay will be doing a video chat on Wednesday, April 11th at 8:00 Eastern! In the OFC News forum/

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And then...CRAP! Previously scheduled engagement that night. (Handbell choir rehearsal, no way to cancel it as we're almost done with the season and need to pull together a bunch of stuff quickly.) I'll have to watch the rerun later.

I'm glad I missed all the drama on other boards about Clay's "Invisible" answer. It never ceases to amaze me how some fans can completely either ignore or erase from their memory all his previous answers on the subject.

Not only has this been his milk response (remember that one) for the last what 4 or 5 years - he did an entire concert bit about it. But I think that was interpreted as "I'm just as good as Justin Timberlake on these type of songs and apparently "I can't wait to them myself. But I guess you have to keep hope alive.

Have a happy monday.

Ah, Monday. Though I figured out what I disliked about Forte's commercial - - reinforcing negative female stereotypes (the interrupting schtick was just really irritating - what in the hell did the guy see in her? The female lead reminded me of Lisa in attitude), the concept was unoriginal and boring and the male lead was unattractive. It did provide actual info, but frankly it was the kind of commercial that everyone fast forwards through. Unaminous' commercial was only slightly more interesting (and only because of Paul Sr. and that Aubrey is a parent's nightmare - the 30 year old that never leaves home).

I'm still waiting for Clay (or Paul Sr.) to show his "horrific" side...

This has been interesting and I am looking forward to never watching CA, Trump, Lisa, Lou or Aubrey again as long as I live. What's funny is that I thought I would find Teresa and Paul Sr. the most irritating (Teresa simply because she's a "Housewife" and Paul Sr. because he seems like a total dick on Orange County Choppers). But the total insecurity of Lisa, Aubrey, Lou and Penn is just unreal. If you have to keep explaining to everyone how smart you are, how talented you are, what a star you are, over and over and OVER to people you are working with on a regular basis, you got problems. Arsenio, even when he justifiably went off on Aubrey, seems to realize if you are on a team, suck it up and make it work. Kill them later. Clay, of course, is all about the winning. Paul Sr. is all about the winning.

Unanimous Commercial

Forte Commercial

Ok after watching the full commercials I change my mind. Unanimous by a landslide. Don't know why they wouldn't show the entire commercial. Please, can't they cut one or two of Lisa's rants so people can get a full picture of the final product. Geeze.

Don't forget..Live video chat tonight with Clay at the OFC; 8:00 eastern time! :twinklewhore:

Kim

Home sick today. Discovered when I got home from work last night that I had a 101 degree fever! No wonder I've felt punky for the past 2 days (although I think the Tylenol I'd been taking kept the fever down). The fever broke in the middle of the night (man, I hate night chills!), but a major headache added to it. Still headachy today, so I called in.

The good part of this in that 15 minutes, I'll be able to participate in a presale to get tickets to see Crosby, Stills and Nash in concert in St. Louis!

I'll have to see how I feel tonight regarding the chat. I want to be a part of it, and yet, I'm partially afraid of the questions he'll get asked. Hopefully, he'll ignore the "why don't you play music that the fans like?" and will find some good questions instead. (And yes, I know that my fear is totally on me; I really shouldn't worry about what other fans do!)

Ldyj, Clay wil likely ignore any questions he doesn't like or doesn't want to answer. I never did get a question in. I just checked my desktop and I'm good to go for the chat. I'll be thinking about posting some questions while I'm cleaning today.

I hope you feel better today!

That was so cute. But it's culture shock to go from TCA Clay to NC country boy Clay. At any moment I expected him to talk about his britches but fortunately they were pj's. Can't say we heard much new stuff, other than the car. But it was sweet to see his friendship with Cameron and how comfortable they are together.

I am so glad I went down to Starbuck's early enough to get myself into the chat before all the techinical glitches started happening. It was a welcome relief to sit and listen to him talk for an hour. He has become so loose and open, I totally love it. I am intrigued about the change in location for the gala....I was looking forward to visiting Raleigh, so now I may have to do that in the summer anyways, just to see friends, etc. I hope the 'more accessible' location for gala is on the east coast somewhere. Maybe NYC? Sorry to the west coasters for my preference! cryingwlaughter.gif Wherever it is, I am going to try my best to get there this time around.

Enjoyed the chat very much last night..Clay looked great and it was fun seeing him and Cameron interact. I lost my chat box right before the trivia questions so missed out on that..typical luck for me..it seems it was just not meant for me to have any connection with Clay..never have any luck with M&G's either and I don't see that changing.

Would love for the Gala to be in Chicago, I have always wanted to go to one, but flying is not an option for me financially and I would love to have it close enough to drive to. My impression when he was talking about entertainment for the Gala was that there might be others there besides Clay and my first thought for something special for Gala attendees would be having Dee there to sing the duet. I could see that getting people to attend if that was the only time they would sing it live.

Kim

Didn't make it for the chat. As a matter of fact, I'm home again today. I was feeling OK yesterday, and then the fever/chills came back again about the time the chat started.

So, he's talking about moving the Gala to a different location? Chicago would be WONDERFUL, although I would still have to make hotel reservations. I've also seen Las Vegas bandied about, which I think I could do, as there are a few direct flights from my local airport to there (and as far as that goes, I'd take my husband with me and we'd make a mini-vacation out of it, as neither of us has been to Vegas). I would miss the charm of Raleigh, though, as well as my friends there. But Clay needs to do what would be best for the Project, and that's cool.

So, his friend Cameron was THERE? Oh man, now I gotta see that.