# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

Hugs to all who need them...but I always thought CA was one of the worst rigged "reality competition" shows out there and completely subjective and subject to Trump's whims. I don't think Trump could spell "objective". I'm glad he did as well as he did, I'm OK with Arsenio doing what he did, still despise Trump, Lampenelli, and O'day and am mildly derisive of Penn. Still love Clay and think in the end, this will be another footnote in his career with way more good than bad. He was on my teevee weekly again, and that made me happy.

Looking forward to a tour and the Gala!

MTV Newsroom Celebrity Apprentice: Top 5 Behind-the-Scenes Moments

3.) Remember when Clay Aiken and Arsenio Hall sang their brotherly rendition of "Lean On Me"? Well, the part you didn't see on TV was that standing in the audience was a production person quickly shuffling through cue cards. That's right. Are the lyrics of "Lean On Me" really that hard to memorize?

4.) We know there've been a lot of feuds on this season and the off-camera tension was palpable. On stage, during commercial breaks, the contestants barely interacted with one another. Although, we could see off-camera there was a genuine friendship between Clay and Aresenio. Lisa and Aubrey were also some of the only contestants to talk during the breaks.

Clay Aiken‏@clayaiken

Like he ate a fresh turd! Mercy! RT @ArsenioOFFICIAL: @clayaiken That Journalist! OH MY! His breath ... was STANK as a motherfucka'

I see there is a lot of fresh hate out for Arsenio. The funny part is that Arsenio has been accused of being a fawner for 20 years, or an Eddie Murphy hanger on. So he's heard a lot worst than what he's hearing now. Whatever. Not going to hate. I've always been a fan and I'll continue to be so. His show was must see viewing for me because back then it was still hard to see black actors, singers, etc on late night tv. I'm not sure if he fits into today's landscape but who knows. I wish him the best. I hope the friendship with Clay is genuine. I think it is. But really deja vu with the Ruben/Arsenio hate. Thankfully this time there can be no "contest" to carry that hate on for years.

This show was just completely arbitrary. I saw that week after week. So happy to be free of it. I really hope he doesn't make future appearances. But I hope he will get some opportunities out of it as well. And more money for the charity. Wish I had something to donate right now but I don't. But I'll be going to the gala for the first time and am looking forward to it. I know there is no silent auction...but will there be the regular one? I've always wanted to see that in person.

I see there is a lot of fresh hate out for Arsenio. The funny part is that Arsenio has been accused of being a fawner for 20 years, or an Eddie Murphy hanger on. So he's heard a lot worst than what he's hearing now. Whatever. Not going to hate. I've always been a fan and I'll continue to be so. His show was must see viewing for me because back then it was still hard to see black actors, singers, etc on late night tv. I'm not sure if he fits into today's landscape but who knows. I wish him the best. I hope the friendship with Clay is genuine. I think it is. But really deja vu with the Ruben/Arsenio hate. Thankfully this time there can be no "contest" to carry that hate on for years.

I think their friendship is genuine too, especially after seeing the tweets tonight.

This show was just completely arbitrary. I saw that week after week. So happy to be free of it. I really hope he doesn't make future appearances.

If this year was any indication, he'll be on one episode next year, when they get down to the final few.

But I'll be going to the gala for the first time and am looking forward to it. I know there is no silent auction...but will there be the regular one? I've always wanted to see that in person.

From the Gala's page:

Due to space and location, we will not be holding a silent auction. However, at the Gala, all attendees will have the opportunity to participate in our live auction and a special opportunity to provide a camp experience for a child during our Send-a-Kid-to-Camp auction.

I am shamelessly stealing this, but let's pretend I just ran across it. I can't resist because it's the first thing all day that has made me laugh. It's from the comments section of the EW Arsenio interview (which references "fending off angry Claymates"):

Penny Burke | 1 hour ago

I want to be a Claymate. Where can I sign up and how much are the pitch forks?

:cryingwlaughter:

couchie, so happy to hear you are coming to the gala this year! I was concerned about the live auction too, but if you read it carefully, it's just the silent auction they've had to do away with. I love the live auction - it's usually my favourite part, at least until he sings LOL.

I don't get the Arsenio hate. I don't see the point of it. They are obviously good friends, just like he is with Ruben, so even if I did harbour dislike for Arsenio, I wouldn't be tweeting about it. But I don't, I don't think he's the villain here. I love the Lean On Me clack and I watched it a number of times yesterday (and played it for any and all visitors that came through my door for my "Revolution Pizza party"). Hee.

And it's because of the kind of toxic hate and negativity out there right now that I stepped away from the boards in the first place. Thank you FCA for still being my safe haven. <3

*start barker voice*

Get your pitchforks here! Only cost is a donation to the National Inclusion Project!

*end barker voice*

Although I wouldn't want a pitchfork anyway...and I made not one but two donations. (couchie, we can count one of them as from you...)

Totally on board with those here who don't want to feel the Arsenio hate. I mean really -- stripping away Arsenio from the "Lean on Me" duet? Really? Now, I can understand the hatred toward the show and Mr. Trump, but I hope that doesn't fester for years and years the way the AI hate did. I may have to hide in May 2013...

This is from an interview with Arsenio I just got in my Google news this morning: "Celebrity Apprentice": Arsenio Hall on Clay Aiken's comedic talents and a Return to Late-Night TV

Do you think you potentially had more to gain from winning than Clay?

Clay feels that his purpose for coming was achieved by being there till the end ... to tell people, "I'm not just a singer ... I'm a smart guy." ... Clay is a funny guy. The funniest s--- Clay says is the stuff that you all don't hear. He walked past me one day, and he said, "She's as useless as a piano in the kitchen." ... One day, we were trying to decide who had the higher SAT scores between two people on the show. And he says, "Now that one is as useless as the pocket on the back of your shirt." ... That is one f---ed-up pocket.

ETA: Just for the record, I'm back to really hating Twitter again. I love getting Clay's tweets; but I've seen some really nasty shit come through in the past few days. It's that "direct line of communication" thing that drives me bonkers. (And yes, I've said that as a person who actually knows that Clay read one of my tweets...)

I made my donation Sunday night. Wish I could make another one but I really shouldn't have made the first one so there you have it. LOL. I hope those that have the means give, and give generously. I'd love to see him make that $251K.

And so begins the work week (as yesterday was a statuatory holiday here). So far, I'm 1 for 1 with the co-workers who think Clay should have won. ;)

Just so y'all know, I had nothing to do with cutting Arsenio out of Lean On Me, even though I've been "thanked" for submitting. I worked hard Monday morning to clip the full performance and provided the original. I've been at odds with various admins before over cutting stuff out but some will continue to do it because they believe it spares people's feelings. The copy of LOM that I watch will remain intact.

I like Arsenio just fine, and hope that he feels guilty enough about his win to have Clay on his new show (heh) lots of times as guest, performer and guest host.

*waves at the eHP*

Hey if someone wants to bring down Trump and his stupid show go for it. I think if Arsenio has a show with an NBC related network then the decision probably goes beyond Trump. Wasn't he negotiating for renewal of his show recently?

But I'm not going to start howling at the moon. Life isn't fair and they can't put the genie back in the bottle. And this time there will be no aha moment from the general public and media like the record sales were for Idol. C.A. is not even in the same stratosphere as Idol was in 2003. It is nice that Clay has gotten support from his fellow apprentices though.

It's only Tuesday!

kimiye, I don't blame you at all. Just find it a bit weird and, shall we say, "Claycentric," to request that in the first place. I found the whole song magical, and a heck of a lot of fun1

From the National Inclusion Project Gala page (couchie, you're off the hook re: Lisa!)

The National Inclusion Project and Clay Aiken are proud to announce our special guests for the 2012 Champions Gala - Pop Icon Debbie Gibson, Late Night Legend Arsenio Hall, Rock Star Dee Snider and American Idol Ruben Studdard! It's going to be a GREAT night!!! The event will be held at the National Theater in Washington, DC on October 20, 2012. For more information, please go to www.inclusionproject.org/gala.

Didn't I mention something the other day about him gaining new friends that he could bring into the Project fold? *g*

From the National Inclusion Project Gala page (couchie, you're off the hook re: Lisa!)

The National Inclusion Project and Clay Aiken are proud to announce our special guests for the 2012 Champions Gala - Pop Icon Debbie Gibson, Late Night Legend Arsenio Hall, Rock Star Dee Snider and American Idol Ruben Studdard! It's going to be a GREAT night!!! The event will be held at the National Theater in Washington, DC on October 20, 2012. For more information, please go to www.inclusionproject.org/gala.

Didn't I mention something the other day about him gaining new friends that he could bring into the Project fold? *g*

I don't know why but this makes me so excited for Clay! :) To be able to bring in some of the friends he made through CApp...so wonderful! Now I'm really wishing I could attend.

Wait.....they actually vaulted a version of Lean On Me with the Aresenio solo cut out? I just saw a reference to it elsewhere. Give me a freaking break!

Yep..no end to the pettiness of Clay fans..the guest list has just been announced for the Gala..Arsenio, Dee, Debbie and Ruben and some are not going because Arsenio is going to be there. Do they really think Arsenio is going to care if they show up or not? He is still going to be there..the only people end being hurt are NIP and Clay.

At some point you just have to let it go..being angry is not going to change the outcome.

ETA: To be fair there is a full version in the CV Vault, but I think it was still wrong to have a cut version..people need to grow up already.

Kim

I was a fan of Arsenio when he had his late night show but he is not the draw for this Gala. The recipients receiving their rewards and speaking or performing are the real stars. I've learned quite a bit from attending the Galas and I'm sure I will again this year. And to tell the truth I probably wouldn't buy a ticket to see any of their shows except for Clay but I'm excited to see them perform together as good friends representing a great cause. I love how they supported Clay to the end and for that alone I'll be happy to see them.

Everyone has different ways of showing their anger, frustration, disappointment. What seems petty to one is joyful to another. So I say whatever. Someone on another board mentioned that the song continued through some commercials. Now thats the version I want to see. The Arsenio anger will die down when they see he is just a small part of the picture. I truly think they are friends. And I believe that they will do whatever they can for each other. It was a wonderful friendship to see.