Sign in to follow this  
ldyjocelyn

# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

I've had a few people at work say basically the same thing to me, that he did great. Most of them also say he deserved to win. I've been distancing myself from the anger and negativity that seems to permeate most boards and twitter posts this week. I don't need that in my life. So I've been doing a lot of reading (currently have the Hunger Games series on my e-reader) and gardening. LOL. TV is pretty non-existant at this time of year since all the shows have had their finales, or at least the ones I watch. I am already committed to attending a post-Celebrity Apprentice "cluncheon" in Toronto tomorrow, and I'm really hoping that it isn't all bitching and negativity. I'm as upset as the next fan at what happened, but I just don't want to dwell on it, you know? He did great.

3 day weekend! I usually have to be part of the skeleton crew on all holidays not named Christmas or Thanksgiving day. SO whoo hooo for me.

Hope you all have a great holiday.

Woohoo for long weekends! :twinklewhore:

Its not a long one for me but it is a sunny one. I pruned some little bushes and found something having a good old munch on them. I guess I had better go and get something for it since I am trying to grow them into a hedge -all brown thumbs here!

No long weekend here, but yesterday was apparently the hottest May 25th ever in these parts. Thank goodness for A/C! And wouldn't you know it, we are under an outdoor water ban as well, because of a water main break. So I very sparingly watered my veggie seedlings from the dog's wading pool. cryingwlaughter.gif

Its not a long one for me but it is a sunny one. I pruned some little bushes and found something having a good old munch on them. I guess I had better go and get something for it since I am trying to grow them into a hedge -all brown thumbs here!

:hello:ausdon. No big weekend here. I need to get brave and go up on the highest part of the roof and take off a big limb that will just sit there until I take it off.

No long weekend here, but yesterday was apparently the hottest May 25th ever in these parts. Thank goodness for A/C! And wouldn't you know it, we are under an outdoor water ban as well, because of a water main break. So I very sparingly watered my veggie seedlings from the dog's wading pool. cryingwlaughter.gif

At least you didn't have to drink from the doggie pool. Pretty hot here too but I just turned on the fans. I much prefer the heat to the cold.

Have a great Memorial Day !

Hi everyone, don't drop by too often I know! Looking forward to the gala in October. Off this weekend, have to get hubby to put up our 2 ACs today! It's been a very busy week at work. Looking forward to future things for Clay, so glad this TCA is over with, such a disappointment!

*waves to people dropping by*

It's hot and stupid here too. Unlike Fear, though, I HATE hot weather, and I want a little more spring first. 95 degrees for Memorial Day weekend is just wrong IMO.

It's nice to have a weekend with very little planned though. My husband and I are grilling all three nights, and tomorrow night friends are coming over to boot. Monday is going to be NOTHING.

I might start burning DVD's of the CApp episodes. Yes, I'll be keeping them all, even with all the "distasteful" stuff that happened via who was on the show and the outcome. I still loved seeing Clay at his most candid during these past few weeks, and will miss that dreadfully tomorrow night.

Via OpenlyClay:

Clay's hairstylist for the past few weeks

His name is Christopher Ritchey.

I just spent almost an entire week with Mr. Clay Aiken doing press for the upcoming Celebrity Apprentice finale. He did everything from "Good Day NY' to "The Today Show" to "Wendy Williams Show". It was actually a lot of fun and I was beyond excited to completely change his well known "spiky hair" look and trade it in for a more mature and many said "sexier" look

*falls at Mr. Ritchey's feet*

I love this man!

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

Your spelling skills?? “@JoshMarkland5: @proJACKtive you know whats loser than @clayaiken's asshole?”

LdyJ I hope I don't fall on you when I also fall in a heap at Christopher Ritchies feet.

I love this man!

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

Your spelling skills?? "@JoshMarkland5: @proJACKtive you know whats loser than @clayaiken's asshole?"

Ha ha ha ha ha.........my auto tweets turn off at 11 pm so I would have missed that one, thanks for bringing it over. cryingwlaughter.gif

Good morning! Happy Memorial Day weekend to all. Managed to clean off the highest roof and the lowest roof yesterday. Now I need to clean off the middle level roof and wash the 6 skylights on it. But it's not going to be today as I'm still shaking from yesterday. Hate heights.

Clay is getting them one at a time. I hate to see Clay getting tweets trying to insult him but he is the absolute master at putting them in their place, usually stupid place. L Z Granderson, a really good writer and CNN commentator who I really admire, wrote an article to the black community about being black, gay and Christian. He asks not to be put in a box as boxes are for shoes not people.

Boxes

:GM_FCA:

Everyone have a great week-end..hot here too..we may get rain tonight..hope so as the garden could use it. I had Austin yesterday which is why I did not post the countdown. He walked for the first time at Nana's..about 10 feet from the living room into the kitchen. Emily and Mike were so upset they didn't get to see it. Not sure why he chose that time. They are going to Florida in 3 weeks and are hoping he will be walking by then. We tried getting him to walk when we dropped him at their house and he refused..I think he knows they want him to and is just being stubborn, LOL!

20 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well the water ban has ended, thank goodness. It's supposed to thunderstorm today but we'll see if that materializes. Right now it's pretty cool out, but the forecasted high is 33 C (close to 100 F).

The cluncheon I attended yesterday in Toronto was good! It was kind of cathartic, with everyone sharing their experience in watching CA and their disappointment in the outcome, but also sharing their pride in Clay and their hopes for a bright future. Almost everyone was planning to attend gala this year, which is pretty cool! We watched a variety of clack on the big screen that the restaurants always provides for us....Broadway Cares, JNaT, Spam, just not CA. cryingwlaughter.gif I enjoyed talking to everyone and am glad I went.

Happy Memorial Day!

19 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Kim

From the CH:

The Follis Report

Celebrity Apprentice (Personal Brand) Winners and Losers.

While we all now know that Arsenio Hall is the ordained Celebrity Apprentice, the question that 18 celebrity managers and publicists are now asking is: “How well did my celeb score with the public and potential advertisers?” As I write this teams of celeb interns are busily foraging through Twitter posts and blogs to report back on how their celeb came off. Though their celeb may not have won, a good primetime showing could mean millions for their celeb in the form of that next TV deal or Superbowl spot. Here, then, are my big winners and losers.

BIG WINNERS

Clay Aiken

Before this season’s CA, few knew much about Clay Aiken beyond his being “that gay American Idol singer.” Clay’s amazing showing on CA has totally elevated his public awareness and personal brand. Not only did it reveal his amazing vocal talents to millions of potentially new fans, but it also revealed him to be a super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy. Perhaps, more importantly, it will hopefully help break down negative attitudes that continue to exist toward the gay community.

Arsenio Hall

Arsenio Hall even joked about it himself, “I meet a lot of people who, when they meet me now, say: ‘wow, man, I thought you were dead.” I don’t think he’ll be hearing much of that any more. Like Clay, Arsenio proved that he’s a class act, even with his Aubrey O’Day moment. (I doubt many could blame him) And, who knew the dude could sing! I’m not sure where Arsenio went since his show ended in the mid-nineties, but wherever that was, his great, likeable CA performance should open doors in a major way for him. Woof, woof, woof!

Dayana Mendoza

I don’t think anyone knew Dayana Mendoza before this season’s CA. They do now. Despite the negative stereotyping that Lisa Lampanelli did her damnedest to try to re-enforce, Dayana proved that you can be both drop-dead beautiful and smart. Her calm resolve against Lampanelli’s relentless broadside salvos also proved she’s as tough as they come. Though she may not have won the game her personal brand scored huge. Bravo, Dayana.

LOSERS

Lisa Lampanelli

If this was HBO or an esoteric cable channel Lisa Lampanelli might have gotten away with her condescending, foul-mouthed antics. Not on NBC in primetime. I’m sure she was told as much by her handlers (if there even is such a thing). Even with her 11th-hour attempt at crisis management by coughing up the 10k for Clay’s charity and acting all sweet and self-effacing with her final comments, it was too little, too late. She may have won big bucks for her charity, but she blew it big time to take her career up a notch. Had she been smarter she could have won while staying true to her wickedly, wise-ass persona. Instead, she just came off wicked.

Aubrey O'Day

It’s not surprising that Aubrey O’Day and Lisa Lampanelli bonded. Both are talented and incredibly driven. Both are also narcissists who couldn’t help but take every on-camera moment to exclaim how amazingly awesome they were and how amazingly retarded most of their teammates were. That’s not the way to win the game or public favor. Of course, her fans will continue to adore her and she deserves props for her money-raising efforts for charity. However, her “don’t hate me because I’m beautiful…and smart…and, did I mention awesomely creative?” attitude won’t score points with the public or major advertisers.

:bdayparty2:00lsee

18 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Kim

A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy.

Now THAT'S a thread title! (Although I would add "funny" somewhere in there as well...)

Honestly, that sentence pretty much sums up why I'm still around today. Yes, I like his voice; yes, I like his music (for the most part). But it's the whole package of HIM that enthralls me. I love going to his concerts, not because of the music per se, but because of the fun and the quick wit. He frequently makes me laugh and also think -- often at the same time. He's so very cool in my book.

Yep -- this is an upgrade for the board. I'm used to it, because of another board I frequent. But it might take a little getting used to! If anyone has questions, contact me and I'll try to help best I can.

One of the things I want to investigate is that I know we can do a "sidebar" that will list Clay's tweets as they come in...

Happy Birthday Oolsee!

A little late.

Definitely different and I can't find the emoticons only smilies.

You have to click on SHOW ALL to get the emoticons

:Iluvclaysbutt:.

Does anyone remember what this means?