# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

*waves*

Been busy at work lately. I survived my annual performance appraisal, but I also have to write and give appraisals as well. I have 8 to do, and they all have to be done by next Tuesday.

I'm hoping that Clay announces a video blog soon...

But hey! His tweeter works! Anybody watching CNN to see what this was about? (I'm personally watching the premiere of Storage Wars myself...)

Hey @BrookeBCNN just put your hand over his mouth! Good grief! Is he ever gonna let you speak?

My DH who says he hates reality shows is hooked on Storage Wars and Pawn Stars!

I watch Storage Wars occasionally. I did the tax work and other projects for several storage facilities so it brings back memories. I still go out to lunch with a friend who runs the auctions for them. Strangely, I never really went to one of their auctions. My husband watches Pawn Stars.

lilyshine and I watched a Storage Wars marathon when she was last here visiting. It was totally addicting. Since then I watched way too many episodes of something similar one day--can't remember the name, but it was these guys driving around looking for places with junk around the yards, and some old scrap metal would turn out to be a rare motocycle engine, that kind of thing. On one episode of Storage Wars they found a huge diamond ring. :tomato:

I stumbled upon Storage Wars about two years ago. It was an episode where one of the bidders won a locker filled with newspaper bundles. Turns out they were from Memphis the day after Elvis died, and each paper was worth $10, meaning the locker returned about $10,000. Wow.

Wonder if Clay's ever seen the show?

:hello:

Whew, just finished getting audited (banking) - one branch got 97% and the one from today got 99% - so yay for us! :whoo:

I'm a bit giddy still with relief, until the next time of course.

That Steve guy seems like a good guy. Yay for the NIP!

I started watching the storage wars show and I think the other one is American Pickers? I just know they would encourage hoarding - all that promise of hidden treasure. I have to be strict with myself to combat my natural inclination to "put things aside for a rainy day".

It's been quite cold here and windy too but still sunny so I hope that continues for our Queens Jubilee long weekend. I have a thrilling weekend of fence painting and garden pruning and spraying lined up! At least it's an opportunity to get some Clay-on-my-ipod-time. :listen:

:GM_FCA:

My husband watches Storage Wars and the Pawn show too..surprised me because I didn't think he would ever be into those kind of shows.

9 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I have a friend whose husband has caught the storage wars wave. They had some sort of huge sale this past weekend. Hope they got rid of everything.

I am SWAMPED at work. All of a sudden I'm dealing with two French Navy ships and now an Australian military ship. I might not have my head above water for a week.

Wonderful gesture giving half to NIP. I couldn't honestly say I'd do the same. Hell I know I wouldn't LOL.

{{{{{{{couchie}}}}}}}}}} Hope you survive!

Wonderful gesture giving half to NIP. I couldn't honestly say I'd do the same. Hell I know I wouldn't LOL.

I reread the write up, and this person didn't have a choice on NOT donating. BUT -- he could have given it to any charity (or at least any charity represented on the show). He chose the Project, which is pretty cool.

I love the fact that even if Clay didn't win, he was able to make another $50,000 after the show (via "disappointment/anger" donations) plus this $25,000.

Ticket information for the National Inclusion Project Gala Note different dates, depending on if your budget for tickets.

Platinum Ticket: $2,500 - available June 12th at noon EST through Project Office

TO PURCHASE PLATINUM TICKETS: Please call Tonya Gillham at 919-314-5540 starting at 12:01pm on June 12th. Tickets will be processed in the order calls are received.

Secures one ticket and includes:

• Front Row seating at the Gala (Row AA 101-111, Row BB 1-6)

These are known as pit seats. The pit is in front of the stage where the instruments play during a theater production. During the Gala, the pit will be covered and seats installed level with the other guests. These seats are within touching distance of the stage.

Gold Ticket: $1,000 - available June 19th at noon EST through Telecharge

TO PURCHASE GOLD TICKETS: See Telecharge information below

Secures one ticket and includes:

• Premium seating at the Gala (Orchestra Rows BB 101-111 & all seats in Orchestra Rows A – G)
  • VIP Reception with Clay Aiken
  • Group photo with Clay

Groups will consist of 10 Gold ticket holders and will be coordinated by the Project Office (NOT Telecharge). If you have a preference for who is in your group, please fill out the
Group Photo form
and email it to
tonyagillham@inclusionproject.org
. *Please note that all of the people listed on your form
must
be Gold ticket holders.

Event Only Ticket: $250 - available July 12th at noon EST through Telecharge

TO PURCHASE EVENT ONLY TICKETS: See Telecharge information below

• Reserved seating at the Gala (Orchestra Rows H – X & Mezzanine Rows A - F)

Notes about tickets:

Seating Chart

There will be a $2.00 facility fee added to each ticket price on the Telecharge site.

Tickets are non-refundable.

Additional seating may become available at a later date based on demand.

You will know your seat assignments when you purchase your tickets.

Telecharge Information

Purchasing Tickets

• Order tickets online at www.telecharge.com. Choose City (Washington, DC) and Venue (National Theater) on the top left corner. Follow instructions. (Once tickets go on sale, we will have a direct link to the order site.)

• Order tickets on the phone through Telecharge ticket sales: (800) 447-7400. Telecharge phone hours are Monday - Saturday 9AM - 9PM, Sunday 9AM - 6PM (EST).

• Customer Service can be reached at (888) 268-2020. FAQ can be found on their website.

• In order to guarantee seats located together, please have one person order all tickets.

• For information on charitable receipts, please see our Gala FAQ section.

Telecharge Fees and Delivery

• All ticket prices through Telecharge include a $2.00 facility fee.

• All tickets purchased through Telecharge are subject to a per ticket service charge of $7.50 and a per order handling/delivery fee. Delivery fees are $4.50 per order to be mailed or $2.75 per ticket for Box Office Hold or E-ticket/Print at Home. The system defaults to the $2.75 print at home method. This can be changed after you enter your billing info, if needed.

• Note: If purchasing more than one ticket, it is less expensive to have the tickets mailed to the purchaser, than printing them at home.

Ticket Purchase Example:

$500 = 2 Individual tickets ($250 per ticket) +$4 = facility fee ($2.00 per ticket) +$15 = service charge ($7.50 per ticket) +$4.50 = delivery charge if mailed $523.50 =total cost for 2 Event Only tickets to be mailed

QUESTIONS?

If you have questions about ordering tickets from telecharge.com, please see their HELP section on their website or call their customer service at (888) 268-2020.

If you have questions about the event, please see the other Gala pages on our website. If you still have questions, please contact Tonya at tonyagillham@inclusionproject.org.

:GM_FCA:

8 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Seems so weird to have a seating chart for gala. I remember the good old days when we had to email Aron about our tables....... :P

I know! It's going to be a fight to get good seats, I fear. On the other hand, it's not Ticketbastard we're dealing with! But I did notice it was Telecharge -- which we all dealt with when we were buying Spamalot tickets!

Our internet was down at work when I came in this morning. Then it came back up, and the only site that would NOT work was FCA! Thank goodness you are back!

So who is buying those $2500 front row seats? Only in my dreams!

Kim

Haven't posted in a week..yikes..but wanted to comment on a couple things...

Maybe it's not such a secret that those "reality" shows aren't really reality... I've heard that the shows like Storage Wars and Pawn Stars are staged, Pawn Stars in fact seeks out collectors and sees if they'd be willing to go on the show and sell their items!! If they agree, then all the research is done and the history lessons we get from the owners ("characters") is scripted... it's so sad cause I really liked that show. I've also found out that House Hunters and House Hunters International is just as bad.

Gala tickets... It makes sense that the more you pay you're able to get up closer, that's fine.... but still, $250 for Row X? Ouch. While I still do wish I could attend I just don't think I'd be too thrilled to spend that and end up in the back. I kinda wish there maybe were one more tier of prices a bit lower for the extreme back rows and mezzanine.... JMHO and all. :)

Sooooo....anyone gonna go to the basketball game to see what he'll be there for? :lol:

I have had a busy week...I'm getting back on the health bandwagon after my checkup Tuesday...I wasn't too thrilled in hearing my weight, so..I'm officially dieting, bought some work out clothes (I owned none!) and today I ordered a Jillian Michaels DVD for beginners. I'm looking forward to getting my butt kicked by her!! LOL And right now in fact I'm off to take a walk...not sure how far I'll go yet, I'd like to make it around the block, but we'll see.

shorty, I realized that about Storage Wars a few months ago, but I still enjoy the show. In my case, it's the "characters" -- I love Barry!

Good luck with the weight loss! As a die-hard Weight Watchers person at this point, the main thing I would say is to write down EVERYTHING you eat, and also learn portion control.

Clay is going to make an appearance at his old high school soon: http://murphyscholars.com/2012/06/03/current-and-former-acc-nba-stars-to-play-in-charity-basketball-game/

Hey I learned by the second tour that front row seats are great (only twice) but I also enjoyed being further back with people who weren't part of the online fandom. I remember taking my sister in law to a concert at Pala and we were sitting near jaded seen the show 5 times people who held their own conversation during the entire show. I was so pissed. And for Spam I think my favorite seat was front row Balcony. Some shows just scream to be further back. Of course this is a different animal but I'm grateful just to be in the house. No way could I think to pay 2500 for a ticket.

LOL...hmmm how long have these like this buttons been here.

ha ha... but if they worked Clay

Too funny. I tried to do something adminny like and see how to fix that. I give up. Ha ha.

Maybe if we just ignore them they will go away..... :D

ha ha...but clayzedover..I could have saved 5 seconds of my life by clicking Like on your post.