# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

Had Austin Friday night and all day yesterday so no time to get on the computer; it is fun having him, but he really tires me out, especially now that he is walking...just spend the whole time following him around. Went to bed at 8:00 last night! Heading downtown to the Printer's Row book fair..always wish I had more money to spend,but it is great looking at all the books and I always come home with something.

6 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just got back from my first ever 5 km walk (about 3 miles). It's 35 degrees Celsius out there right now with the humidex (about 95 F). The walk was to benefit Crohn's & Colitis research. My son Ian walked with me. It was a great cause, and one that is pretty important to our extended families, as it runs in my ex-husband's side. None of my kids have it, but one of their cousins does, and my ex has colitis and well as his brother, who has Crohn's. Thanks to all who responded to my Facebook/email and sent a donation. I really appreciate it. I was able to raise $475!

• Like 1

Thanks to Google, I have fixed the "Like" problem! You may now like up to 25 posts per day.

Sadly, as if we have 25 posts per day...c'mon Clay, give us something to talk about...

• Like 4

*bows* You're welcome!

Clay just tweeted this:

Way to go @carrieunderwood !! Speak out bravely and honestly. Your words are gonna change minds!independent.co.uk/news/world/ame…

I saw this yesterday, and I'm thrilled! I hope Clay's statement comes true, because minds NEED to be changed IMO! You go Carrie!

5 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Kim

Stopping by to say hello. I've been very lax, I'm afraid. Just sitting around killing time until the winter tour.

Around but just lurking because not much to offer. I am also waiting for word of a tour. I just hope if he does it is relatively close. Car issues at this time. Can not go to the Gala and I had even saved enought to go. I am hoping that next year my ski patrol recert and the Gala fall on different weekends.

I am doing a walking challege at work so every day that I am not working I have been out walking. Two days last week I was able to get 20 miles in each day the rest of the days I did 10 miles. When I do these challenges it cuts into my reading time. I have not read a novel since it started in April because everytime I sit down I realize I need to walk,so off I go. This week is also one of my bike tours. This one is a challenge since it is early in the year and I have to do alot of hills up in Lelanau Pennisula in Northern Micigan and do up to 70 miles in a day. I have wifi in the campground so will be able to check in after dinner at night.

gbmifan, you make me feel like such a slacker.I'm trying to ride my bike a few times a week in addition to going to the gym, but it's so darn hilly around here I'm huffing and puffing after 5 miles. I seriously need to drop some weight. :( Mr Fear has been riding his recumbant three wheeler and I'm so happy he found an exercise that doesn't hurt his knees or feet.

Got my fingers crossed for a Christmas tour also. I hope we hear about one early so we can plan our WFI around it.

:3: to wandacleo.

Really good to see everyone checking in. :tomato: I spent the day digging up financial information for my volunteer job, so that I can show that I have the money in the budget to have new maps for the directory made. While I was at it, I sorted out everything on the table where I pile all that stuff, so now it is all neatly organized and I found all the paperwork I need to find. And then I was so into sorting that I sorted some email too. Isn't that exciting? :twinklewhore:

:happybirthday04:justclay12!

I too am glad people are checking in. I've missed you all...

1 1/2 days more of work, and then off to St. Louis, eventually to Memphis, for a few days of rest and relaxation! In the meantime, I too have been cleaning and organizing, as, if you are like me, you CANNOT leave a dirty house on vacation! I mean, really -- the cats have to have a nice place to stay (while they have their own party, I'm sure).

In the meantime, I'll be able to stay connected via Twitter, Facebook, and my smartphone. Can you imagine -- 9 years ago, I thought I had to be glued to my computer to keep up with the latest Clay Aiken news. Now, I can pretty much travel freely and still keep up. We've come a long way, baby!

I'm still glad I'll have free internet at the hotels though...

Beautiful sunny day here, but we could really use some rain..seems like it keeps missing us. Temps are going to cool down from the 90's to the 70's so I can turn off the AC and open up the house. Hubby will be back painting the house today. I am also hoping for a tour in the Fall/Winter since I will not be going to the Gala and I really need to see Clay...been too long!

4 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Kim

I'm still overwhelmed by work. Just checked my email before I leave home and there are 5 quotes waiting for me. And I'm sick. Just want to crawn back under the covers. Sigh. Have fun on your trip ladyj. Amd ues Gbmifan makes me feel like a huge slacker!! :D

Happy birthday justclay12!! :cake:

I don't feel like I slept well last night cause we had some pretty loud thunder here... woke me up twice, and the 2nd time it made me jump, I was dead asleep before that point!

Checked out a local spa yesterday, my mom wanted to do something for her SIL so she gifted her a massage, and let me get something too! I ended up picking a salicylic peel facial which is supposed to help with oily and acne prone skin which is my poor face in a nutshell. Don't have a date yet but I'm looking forward to it. What I really can't wait for is next Monday...we have tickets to the Titanic Artifacts Exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum!! I am SO excited!

Happy birthday justclay12!! :cake:

I don't feel like I slept well last night cause we had some pretty loud thunder here... woke me up twice, and the 2nd time it made me jump, I was dead asleep before that point!

Checked out a local spa yesterday, my mom wanted to do something for her SIL so she gifted her a massage, and let me get something too! I ended up picking a salicylic peel facial which is supposed to help with oily and acne prone skin which is my poor face in a nutshell. Don't have a date yet but I'm looking forward to it. What I really can't wait for is next Monday...we have tickets to the Titanic Artifacts Exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum!! I am SO excited!

When my kids were younger we spent many a day at the H. Ford Museum and also Greenfield Villages. They loved both.

I was talking to my concert buddy this am and she said how loud the thunder was, I must of been tired, I heard nothing.

Got up early today and walked 11 miles. I needed to get it done because I have to pack for the bike trip. Leaving yearly tomorrow am. The weather up North is going to be a little cooler than down here. Most of the days in the 60's and 70's. That is ideal bike riding weather. It makes it easier climbing the hills if the hot sun is not beating down on me.

OK Clay! I am ready for you to come out and play!!

No VIP ticket for me, but I will probably go for the $1000. ticket as this is my donation to the NIP. Would you all like to go out to eat on Friday evening or are you getting in on Saturday. Most of the restaurants are very costly in that area so we may have to go for pizza or a pub if we decide to get together.

Isn't the $1000 ticket VIP? I thought they were going on sale today, too. But I'm waiting another full month for the "cheap" seats. LOL. Still cracks me up to hear them referred to as such.

Woo hoo! My son, Ian, applied to our local Police Service last week, and he got called for an interview today! They are hiring 15 new officers for the September training class. It's his dream to get on the police force, so my fingers are crossed for him!

Also, many of you know my daughter Lindsay aka crimsonice. She has one semester left in her college course (Travel & Tourism) but she was hired on this week to be a Tourism consultant for our city. She is ecstatic! Apparently, her knowledge of ASL (American Sign Language) was a real asset on her resume, according to the person who interviewed her. Every person with a disability has the right to be serviced in they way they prefer, so having an ASL trained staff member is great for our Tourism centre. :)

11 miles? I got tired just reading that!

The Platinum seats ($2500 a ticket, but you get front row) went on sale today. The Gold seats ($1000 a ticket, guaranteed within the first 8 rows or so) go on sale next week. The bleacher seats ($250 for the rest of us poor schlubs) go on sale in July.

Congrats crimsonice!

Yeah, finding places to eat in DC could be costly, but we could also take public transportation almost anywhere (except for Saturday, I probably won't leave the hotel on Saturday as I'll be afraid to miss something!). I'll try to do a little digging when we get closer. (If nothing else, I LOVE Five Guys burgers and fries!)

New tweet from Clay, supporting his sister:

Next time u're at the beach, b sure to go to my sister, Amy's market! Opening TODAY! Check out islandwellnessmarket.blogspot.com & follow @islandwellness

3 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Kim