# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

Don't forget..tonight Clay will be singing the SSB at a local sporting event in Raleigh...hopefully there will be a lot of tweets about it. Not sure if any fans will be in attendance..this has to do with his local high school.

2 Days until Clay is singing with Michael Feinstein at the Great American Songbook event! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning.

I hope you are having a great vacation Ldyj and everyone else have an enjoyable and productive day. I hope someone attending the basketball game takes video and puts it up on youtube.

I finally found curtains long enough for our living room window. But as I was ironing them to hang up, I found out there is only one panel in each package. :o Sure hope there are a few more packages left or only one side of the window will be covered. :Imok:

Greetings from Memphis! We arrived earlier today, grabbed a little lunch on Beale Street, and then toured the Gibson Guitar factory. We then checked into our hotel and crashed for bit! But then, we walked, and found ourselves at Huey's, a great burger place. Tomorrow, we are touring the Stax Records museum, which is practically the birthplace of soul.

Thanks aikim for bringing over that picture! And it was nice to get this tweet from Clay today via my phone; it's a retweet from Jim Carrey, and boy, it makes a lot of sense to me!

Gay marriage is legal in 6 states, but having sex with a horse is legal in 23 states. Good job, America.

There are more pictures at CB and there is video in the vault at CV..he sang acapella..sounded amazing and looked great!

Kim

CB was down when I went to look at the photos last night, and when I got up today, I was happily just starting my "rounds" of Clay news and news news, when my computer just flat out died. Well first it got funny, and I thought I might be infected with something (from ABC news.com??) so I restarted, still funny, did a system restore, and everything was great. I was happily starting my "rounds" again when the computer power went off and that was that. Would not come back on again.

Luckily it is under warranty, but no help til Monday. I'm using an older computer, so I'm not totally out of the loop, but I don't have access to my current files. Boo!

On a five day bike tour. We registered on Wed. so only rode 36 miles, then yesterday 65, and 56 today. Best news was when I got back to camp today my son had called and his wife had a baby boy this am. Weighed 7#1 oz, named Nolan Brady!!! Can't wait to go home in two days and see him.

Clay looked great last night and sand wonderfully.

{{{{{{{jmh}}}}}}}}} Sorry to hear about your technology problems.

OTOH -- Congrats gbmifan! I like the name Nolan...

So, I hear the Clayboard is down? And that the owner/admin is away, going to see Clay tomorrow night in Indiana? What terrible timing! I won't download the clack from last night (or this weekend) until we get back home, but I'm dying to hear the SSB from last night.

Today's journey around Memphis: the Stax Soulsville Museum (a bucketload of music history right there), and then a bus tour of the city, featuring a local musician as tourguide. It was a lot of fun. Dinner tonight: Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken, along with fried green tomatoes and sweet potato pie for dessert. I've been so good on my Weight Watchers that my group this week told me to enjoy myself! (And I'll get right back on the program next week, I swear...)

Sounds like a lot of fun, ldyj! I drove through downtown Memphis once, when I visited Graceland on my honeymoon. We were stopped at a red light and some guy with a metal pipe was hitting cars with it, so we just kept on going and never got out! I'd love to see the sights like you are doing, one day.

Report from the venue:

Clay is wearing beige shorts, pink and blue striped long sleeved shirt with t-shirt underneath, sneakers..it is 95 there today. He is rehearsing and sang "Even Now"..Barry was there listening. He will be wearing a tux tonight. Reporter from an Indy paper is there and tweeted about him singing "Even Now". Clothing report from 2old4clay at CV. Hair looks like it did the other night.

Cellcert will start at 7:00 eastern time

Clay just did a most amazing version of barry's "Even Now". Michael Feinstein said afterwards that Clay had an over 2000 octave voice. I could hear the whole thing and he blasted the roof off the building. Barry had a lot of fans there and is doing a concert of his songs.

Video clack is in the vault at CV and should be at CU soon. He looked and sounded wonderful!

OMG what a great performance! He totally killed that song (and I love that song)! I am really, really happy for him and impressed that he pulled it off without a crack. I wonder if his tweet was him being worried that he might not.

Spec on Clay's tweet: Barry was not supposed to sing last night and ended up doing so at the last minute..Clay was supposed to sing after intermission, but there was no intermission. Possibly the show was cut to accommodate Barry's ego....er..impromptu concert and hence leading to Clay possibly having to change his song which resulted in him messing up the lyrics as pointed out by some Clay fans. Again,..all speculation, supposition and musings of Clay fans with nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon..i.e. just a normal day in the Clay fandom.

Kim

ETA: Yep he killed on the song, looked gorgeous and who the hell gives a fuck if he missed a word or two...if he did he covered it flawlessly as usual.

I told ldyj I would try to keep up with tweets, but my computer issues got in the way. I think I finally managed to bring a new one.

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

Oh MERCY! @ArsenioOFFICIAL Maybe you should take some dance lesson from this woman! http://twitvid.com/Y2QIR #ivegotrhythm

3:07 PM - 17 Jun 12 via Twitterrific

But it is a tweet by Clay, a retweet, a reply? No idea. Ooo0ps