# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

Glad to hear I will have fresh clack waiting for me when I get home!

I think that tweet is Clay "talking" to Arsenio, suggesting he take dance lessons. Not a retweet or anything like that...

Yesterday was visiting Mississippi -- specifically, Clarksdale, which is the "Crossroads" for the blues. The Delta Blues Museum is located there, and then hubby and I had lunch at Morgan Freeman's club there, Ground Zero. Last night was dry rubbed ribs and then music on Beale Street (B.B. King's Blues club). Today was Graceland. I'm not a huge Elvis fan, but it was actually quite enjoyable. Then we went to Sun Studios (lots of music history in a tiny room!) and then the Rock/Soul Museum. Finally -- more ribs! Fortunately, our hotel is almost a mile to Beale, so we walked to and from the hotel. Lots of calories burned! OTOH, I'm freakin' TIRED!

This is so sweet, from CH:

Via Ben's FB page:
Andrea Glass McDaniel (Sean's mom)

Yesterday

I get off the plane, and guess who is waiting for me at my gate....Clay Aiken and Ben!!! They gave me a ride in their limo to my hotel and tonight I'm going to a concert that is honoring, my idol, Barry Manilow. Also, I am going to a dinner before the concert where I will hopefully meet BARRY!!!!!! If you know me well, you know my love for Barry!!!! Wish me luck! Thank you to Ben for making this happen for me!!!!! And thanks for the fun limo ride, Clay!!! — with Ben Cohn.

She also posted a pic of her with Barry from last night as well as a pic of her and Clay in the limo.

Tweet -

NBC Buzz@NBCBuzz

We asked who your favorite celebrity dad was and looks like @ClayAiken has everyone's vote. #FathersDay

awwwwww

Hope Clay had a wonderful Father's Day!

Couchie ~

:happybirthday04:Have a Happy Happy Day, Birthday Girl! You're only 21once twice.....#asmanydamntimesasyouwant :D

Clay tweet!

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

I feel like something exciting is gonna happen today. It's just in the air!

Second tweet:

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

I get just as excited (if not more) when great things happen for my FRIENDS. So, it very well could be something exciting for a friend! :-)

@clayaiken: Now THAT would be INCREDIBLE news!!! RT @pklittle let's see.. did a FRIEND sign a contract to buy your house? @camerons

@clayaiken: I wish!! I would LOVE that! And so would America! RT @MlbMohala in that case let's hope it's @ArsenioOFFICIAL sealing deal on new show!

@clayaiken: Here it is!! I'm SOOOO excited for @ArsenioOFFICIAL 2013 can not get here fast enough! His show is going to dominate!! http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-arsenio-hall-will-host-new-latenight-talk-show-in-2013-20120618,0,785159.story

Don't go out there....it ain't gonna be pleasant!

Why do I suddenly feel like I am back in middle school? Geez..the man is happy for his friend..big deal.

Kim

Couchie ~

:happybirthday04:Have a Happy Happy Day, Birthday Girl! You're only 21once twice.....#asmanydamntimesasyouwant :D

Love this, treenuts. Couchie... I had to come out of lurkdom to wish you a Happy Birthday!!!... Liney

I cannot believe how upset some people are cause Clay got their expectations up, then it was just Arsenio news. Geesh! FCA, I salute you!

ladyj... your vacation sounds very fun!

luckiest... fingers crossed for your son!

Shadylil... good luck on your diet. I have lost 47 pounds and have 10 more to goal. I only had to get ulcerative colitis to change my eating habits and cut out everything but chicken, turkey, fish and vegatables for 6 months. Colitis is down to just inflammation now and I feel better than I have in years. I scared myself straight... LOL

It feels good to be posting again.

It's good to have you posting again liney23! Nice to see lots of folks here today. Keeps things interesting while people are avoiding hot spots.

My computer is fixed! Hooray! It was just as I thought--the motherboard blew up.

Now I am trying to bring all the work stuff that accumulated on my back up computer over the weekend - from 3 different jobs - to the computer that just got repaired.

And then somehow figure out how to get back to the project I had almost finished on the other computer, because when I pulled out the plug to plug in my regular computer to test it out, after a while the old one the project was on decided to just shut down, instead of hibernating. ARGH!

And yes, I know there is a lesson here about back-ups and I am taking it to heart. I'd have been kicking myself all weekend if I hadn't been so sure the hard drive was fine. I'm looking into an automated back-up program that will back up everything to to my external regularly!