# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

Thanks everybody for all the birthday wishes. One would think I'd get off on time on my birthday but no -- I just got home at 8:15. Someone did buy me sushi lunch which I ate at my desk and as always the cake which I could only eat a sliver LOL. This week so far is just as busy as the last two weeks but at least I'm on familiar territory again. All of the high maintenance specialty ships have left! Thank god. I'll take regular old busy anyday.

Good for Arsenio. I think he went on the show with the intention of getting a show and he did it. Just can't get bent out of shape because of it. I have much respect for Clay. Bitterness would eat at the soul.

LINEY! So nice to see you. Hope you are well.

Shadylil... good luck on your diet. I have lost 47 pounds and have 10 more to goal. I only had to get ulcerative colitis to change my eating habits and cut out everything but chicken, turkey, fish and vegatables for 6 months. Colitis is down to just inflammation now and I feel better than I have in years. I scared myself straight... LOL

I think you mean me, but thank you! :) And congrats on your weight loss! For me it took just hearing my weight to decide I needed a change..I haven't felt good about myself in a long time. I'm doing the chicken and veggies thing too but trying not to limit myself. I'm not doing Weight Watchers but I got some of their food and it's pretty good. For me it's just easier to keep a food diary, count calories and workout every day. Next I need a scale to actually track my progress...we don't own one!! I think we got rid of it in our last move and it was a really dumb idea...

Liney23, thanks for your well wishes. My son's interview with the police service was yesterday and he said it was a very intense 2.5 hours. A lot of personal questions about past relationships, etc. But he has nothing to hide, so he thinks it went well. He should hear soon, as they are hiring for the September class. Sorry to hear about your colitis....runs rampant in our family as well. I do not have colitis but I have IBS and have had to drastically change my diet because of it as well. Unfortunately, the solution seems to come with a lot of carbs so losing weight has become quite a challenge. I have to find that fine line between eating the right things in the right quantities and not eating too many calories.

jmh123, sorry to hear of your hard drive troubles. I am always a big supporter of regular back ups. In fact, I sometimes back up my back ups! :P

:GM_FCA:

Going to be another hot day here..we are looking at 90's all week. Hubby has one side of the house left to paint but won't do it when it is so hot..I think I will suggest he put in the new ceiling fan we bought for the kitchen that has been sitting in the front room for the last month. We also have new lighting..now that the living room is remodeled we are starting on the kitchen..yikes!; that is going to be a project.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Have a great day everyone,

Kim

Looks like fun and games at Telecharge. Some people were able to get tickets earlier today while I was a good girl and went to do zumba. I'm sure whatever tickets will be great. I had a fantastic seat at last year's Gala. Can't get the best everytime. It does upset me that some people are talking about giving up and not going now. Whatever. It should be about the NIP not who is closest. :angry:

I got through on the phone and received a seat. Since I'm sitting alone it was pretty easy to get a good seat. It was frustrating as the web site is not working, so I hope people call.

I hope we can get together in DC as it's been a while since we had an FCA get together.

Does anyone know if a bus tour to see the sights in WashingDC is going to take place ? someone told me that Calgary was talking about setting up something. I'am staying at the Marriot hotel. .

shortyjill... Sorry I messed up your name! The first and last letter was the same... LOL Good luck! A scale is a good thing, but don't weigh every day. Up and downs happen and you get sooo discouraged when you hit even a small up, says the voice of experience!

I just wrote my first letter to my grandson at naval boot camp at the Great Lakes Naval Training site. I am going to his graduation the end of July. He is ADD and has had a rocky start to grown-up life. He made it thru high school, but flunked out of college (more because of a bad relationship than his smarts or ADD), so he was excited to get in, but scared, too. Crossing all fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes and anything else that will cross that this works for him.

Good luck to your grandson liney. Good to see you posting again. I'm debating about whether to go back to WW once again. I never qualified for their lifetime membership as I thought I had lost enough last time. I have a pretty big frame and lost what I had wanted to lose. They have a $1. membership special until 6/23.

Good luck to your grandson liney. Good to see you posting again. I'm debating about whether to go back to WW once again. I never qualified for their lifetime membership as I thought I had lost enough last time. I have a pretty big frame and lost what I had wanted to lose. They have a $1. membership special until 6/23.

If you decide to go back there are a couple of really good websites that have recipes that do not taste like they are WW. One is skinnytaste.com and the other one is emilybites.

My DH said that it didn't feel like he was on a diet when he cooked from those sites.

I quite often make recipes from SkinnyTaste.com. They are usually really flavourful.

liney23, good luck to your grandson!

My son got another call today, so it appears he passed the interview process. Now, he is heading to a psychological evaluation. Crossing my fingers that all goes well for him!

My younger son, who some of you have met, finally went and got his written (learner's) driver's licence today. So next up, I'll start taking him out in parking lots to let him get a feel for it. My mom has offered to pay for Driver's Education. This is a big step for him, as he has a fear of driving. But I think it will help build his self-confidence and also set him on the path to independence. So it's been a good day, all around. :)

Article about Clay and his cousin Jamie and it mentions coast to coast Christmas tour! Love this rollercoaster we are on!

http://www.theherald-nc.com/2012/06/19/23344/idol-star-in-town-for-haircut.html

After reading through all the angst on other boards about poor Clay having the temerity to tweet about a friend, I remembered why this is such a sane outpost. I was beginning to think most of Clay's fans were a bunch of f$%%$%g lunatics.

• Like 1

After reading through all the angst on other boards about poor Clay having the temerity to tweet about a friend, I remembered why this is such a sane outpost. I was beginning to think most of Clay's fans were a bunch of f$%%$%g lunatics.

I don't think, I know..like I said..feels like I went back to middle school.

I love Clay!

QUOTE (ClayIzzaQT @ Jun 19 2012, 09:12 PM) post_snapback.gif

claytweet.png Clay's Tweet is in response to this Tweet

CCM Insider ‏@CCMInsider

Please pray for CLAY AIKEN Today, we are praying for his salvation! Learn more http://goo.gl/Y8FwF #lgbt #prayer #evangelism

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

Clay Aiken Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

@CCMInsider How's about you let me and God worry about my salvation so you can spend your time kissing my ass? :-)

I LOVE the smiley face at the end. Bwah!

I'm home! But internet is out, so I am on my phone. Bad ending to a good vacation, with even more that I can't explain on the phone! Thanks for bringing the tweets...

::waves:: to liney! Wishing your GS lots of luck as well as your son luckiest!

As for the xmas tour "rumor".....IF true and IFcoast to coast then :whoo:

If not then I imagine there will be a lot of this around cwazyclayland :killer_rabbit:

Hey Tree..we're ;missing the bay bridge series this weekend! We have to go to another game soon.

My niece Alex has her dance performances this weekend and she turns 10 on Monday. I remember when I posted her lioness picture here after her first show. Really all she did was come on the stage and watch her teacher and try to do what she did. Now, she has solo dance parts and is part of the junior company. She has grown by leaps and bounds. And next month this time she'll be in Costa Rica. The owner of her dance school thinks of all her dancers as ambassadors. But what great fun for her. She's so excited to have her passport. My brother and his family is coming down from Oceanside so they can see her. So lots of fun for our family.