# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

No problem, Ldyj! So I am withdrawing cookbooks today..not good for someone like me who likes to cook and has a weakness for cookbooks..trying not to bring too many home, but failing miserably, LOL!

Kim

*slurp* That is one fine looking picture up there! Who's the tall damn good looking ginger to the far left ;-)

Wow, both liney AND kf posting on the same page! EEEEEE *waves*

Hey kf, the only thing "rusty" I might equate with you !is a good imbibe (rusty nail) xo

WAY TO GO KRAFT!!!

....sorry no bolding names, Im on my nook.

Picture of Clay from last night:

http://www.mediaite....u-sexy-bitch/#8

And from today..the man is a chameleon:

Ashley Danger Weaver ‏@DangerWeaver

It really looks like @clayaiken and I hang out at Cartier http://pic.twitter.com/lfyIHQ2I

Picture of my neices and nephews from this weekend. The bookends are my sister's kids. The middle two are my brother's.

484595_3895813228002_397401169_n.jpg

539562_3887567141855_948085184_n.jpg

And a picture of my Deedee during dress rehearsal for her dancer performance.

This week I'm concentrating on my mom's trip. After I get her out of the way I will start thinking about the gala. I'm coming if I have to walk all the way there.

:GM_FCA:

Bracing for the heat today..supposed to be over 100 degrees. Hope my garden survives. I have a few little tomatoes and the squash and zucchini are coming in. We have been watering like crazy but the extended forecast is not showing any rain in our future so I am thinking that may come to an end.

Hope Clay has business in NYC besides hanging out at book signings!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm thinking that Clay would like a political talk show a la Phil Donahue. He has said that in the past. Perhaps with Megan as a co host. I may be alone in this thought but that is something I would love to see. Mr Fear and I do enjoy some political shows but I only watch if they are based in reality. Most of the shows on FOX and MSNBC are way too one sided for my tastes. We watch a lot of PBS.

We are getting a bathroom floor tiled today. Can having the toilet and sink reinstalled be too far behind? We are having guests Sunday and Monday and will have to share a shower wit a nephew and two little kiddies. Brave guy is making the trip from New Orleans to Pennsylvania with them while his wife flies up when she can.

Have a great day.

Well it's another hot one today! I think I'll stay in the office!

Ldyj I thought of you last night. I booked a couple of nights stay in Memphis for next week. We are staying at the Heartbreak Hotel! And yes it is at the end of Lonely Street.

Ah, the heart of Elvis country, ie., the tourist traps! I was surprised at how much I liked going to Graceland, as I am not a huge Elvis fan. I'd go back again!

It's another hot one here today too. Blech. I'd much rather have winter...

I love tourist traps! All the cheap junk and tacky stuff! My DD and DH went over spring break and although neither are Elvis fans loved it. They insist on taking me, who by the way is the furthest thing from an Elvis fan you could think of! The confirmation letter from the hotel ended with "thankyouverymuch"

We are also going to Oxford MS to see Faulkner stuff?

*eye roll*

Nothing ever changes.

OTOH...Speculations 'R' Us speaking..."almost wanna get married?" Ahem. Interesting...just sayin'.

I think him working with Brian Henson would be an EXCELLENT idea kf!

That picture up above from the Great American Songbook? Niiiiiiiice...

Hall_of_Fame_Gala_2012_177_t670.jpg

ldyj... thanks... God, I love his hair in this style. I hope no one tells him that, so he'll keep it that way for a long time... LOL

The comments on the first page of comments on the Oreo cookie link were just sad. I've got to quit reading them! If I could eat them, I'd buy 10 packages of Oreos today... hmmm, wonder who I could give them to?

couchie... darling nieces and nephews and your rehearsal pic was like wow!

Do you think Clay can ever do anything right, for some folks? Poor guy! If I were him I'd give up and run his foundation!

No, I don't think so; I a beginning to think that some are not happy in this fandom unless they are bitching about something.

Leaving work in a half hour to go grocery shopping, I don wanna..it is way too hot!

Kim

Hearing some thunder outside..please God let it rain..this heat is unbearable..AC on and ceiling fans going and my house is still around 80 degrees..guess everyone has their AC cranked up and can't keep up.

My little guy is having a tough time..talked to Emily and she was driving around trying to get him to sleep..getting a molar and had a 102 degree fever yesterday and diahrea; been crying all day..I was supposed to have him this week-end but that is a no go..not sure I am up to dealing with a cranky baby. She had an ultrasound today, little girl is doing good..looks like she will be the same size as Austin..he was 8 and 1/2 pounds..can't wait to see pictures!

ETA: It's Raining :yahoo:

Kim

Clay Tweet:

Clay Aiken‏@clayaiken

There is nothing right about me getting this much sheer pleasure out of #wipeout on ABC right now!

Oh, Clay -- really? REALLY? That's it, we're through...

Just kidding...

:hysterical:

I would ask what Clay is being criticized for having done or not done now, but I realized that I really don't care; I'm not even curious.

'Damned if you do, damned if you don't' is an unpleasant place to be held in. I hope he doesn't pay much attention and just has a life.

I've always admired that he "got" how important that is. I think he could have gone down a number of roads that would had led to some sad and lonely places, self-destroying places. Good on him for putting a life first. Some of the fans should give that a try.

• Like 1

Couchie, your younguns are so cute. I thought the biggest girl was one of your sisters. Heh.

I wish I could've seen your Lioness dance. I know she must have been wonderful; you can tell by the photo. I hope I'll get a chance someday.

Kim, I'm so glad your daughter isn't handing over a sick baby to you--poor thing, I feel for them both.

Clay Tweet:

Clay Aiken‏@clayaiken

There is nothing right about me getting this much sheer pleasure out of #wipeout on ABC right now!

That show, like a lot of those types of shows, started in Japan. I used to watch it when I lived there--didn't understand a word, but ouch. Not something I enjoy really. They had a lot of shows that seemed to be ultimately about humiliating people, but I guess you could say that about reality TV in general. Iron Chef, duh, and that show where people had to do impossible tasks--I forget what they called it here--those came from Japan. The impossible task one was cool. One guy had to name all the dinosaur-like-monsters in a fantasy game, at least a hundred, and recite them within a time limit. This is the one where people got to practice at home for weeks and then come to the show and perform it, remember that one?