# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

Did not sleep well last night, the AC could just not keep up with the hot temps and even with the ceiling fan going it was just plain stuffy in the bedroom; felt like I tosses and turned all night..going to be a long day at work. Glad it is Friday and I can sleep in tomorrow. We actually had a little bit of hail last night..not a lot but the kids were running around the yard picking it up, LOL.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oh, Clay -- really? REALLY? That's it, we're through...

Just kidding...

:hysterical:

I would ask what Clay is being criticized for having done or not done now, but I realized that I really don't care; I'm not even curious.

Actually, I wrote that about his latest tweet. I've TRIED watching "Wipeout," but I just can't get into it. I looks way too painful for me!

And I knew that about the Japanese origins of the show. Those silly Japanese! I've seen other examples via "The Amazing Race" -- they sometimes have the racers compete on a show as one of the tasks.

"Iron Chef?" I LOVE the Japanese version, and really like the American version too.

'Damned if you do, damned if you don't' is an unpleasant place to be held in. I hope he doesn't pay much attention and just has a life.

I've always admired that he "got" how important that is. I think he could have gone down a number of roads that would had led to some sad and lonely places, self-destroying places. Good on him for putting a life first. Some of the fans should give that a try.

I soooooo agree with this. I know, as a fan, that I want the world for him. I truly would celebrate if he was played on the radio and sold millions of albums, and would revel the in the clack appearances that come with that. But then I think of those talented people who have had that kind of success...and then died tragically because they couldn't handle the pressure. In this way, I think Clay has his head screwed on straight, and knows that success is good but has a bad side as well. He's learning to live a balanced life.

Fear, I like your idea of the talk show for Clay, although I think I'd like to see it be a bit more general than you suggest. I can see him having political discussions, no question. But I also think he'd like to sing and crack jokes too. If it wasn't so damned early for him, I could see him doing really well on The Today Show, Good Morning America or his favorite, CBS This Morning.

couchie, I totally forgot about you posting those pictures! Those kids are soooooooooooooooo cute!

• Like 1

Little tour tidbit..this is in Pennsylvania:

Kaitlyn Nasatka ‏@woah_its_kaitt

The president just announced that they signed Clay Aiken to do his Christmas show at Shippensburg University

• Like 2

Woohoo! Christmas tour!

Gala information: I've started looking at planning a party for FCA. PLEASE post in the Gala thread if you are interested in attending! I'm looking at a place that's 3 blocks from the main hotel, and looking at having it Friday night. If I start planning NOW, I'm thinking I should be able to do something with this group. So please let me know by posting in the thread!

2012 DC Gala Thread

• Like 1

My Mom and I LOVED Wipeout. :lol: It was one of the shows we actually liked to watch together and she'd laugh so hard she was crying. I don't know how we quit watching, I think it started with too many reruns and then they started changed up the courses way too much and got bored with it.

Iron Chef!! The Japanese version was the only one I watched though. When the American version came out they butchered it!! IMO. (no pun intended)

Tour? Awesome. Except if he could get a leeeettle bit closer that would be good. LOL

New tweet:

love Charlie Rose, but @EricaRHill and@jeffglor were magic today on@CBSThisMorning ! They are great together!

See, I think he'd LOVE to be a regular on this show....

merrieeee, if you post that you've finished your Christmas shopping in July, I'm going to do this the next time I see you: :smack: But then, I also am planning on seeing you, hopefully at the TOUR! EEEEEEEEEEE!

shorty, I LOVED the Japanese Iron Chef. The first attempts at the American Iron Chef were awful, but now that Alton Brown is around, I watch. Alton Brown is my other geeky Southern boyfriend, I love him so much.

Wipeout responded!

@Wipeout: It is 100% right! RT @clayaiken There is nothing right about me getting this much sheer pleasure out of #wipeout on ABC right now!

Another conversation.

@jeffglor: @clayaiken @EricaRHill wow! Thank you sir. Honored just to fill in

In response to:

@clayaiken: I love Charlie Rose, but @EricaRHill and @jeffglor were magic today on @CBSThisMorning ! They are great together!

Well I hate to tell you I already have one thing!

Tweet on Clay! I just love it!

Oh, Clay -- really? REALLY? That's it, we're through...

Just kidding...

I would ask what Clay is being criticized for having done or not done now, but I realized that I really don't care; I'm not even curious.

Actually, I wrote that about his latest tweet. I've TRIED watching "Wipeout," but I just can't get into it. I looks way too painful for me!

I know--I appreciated your snark! Should have put more space in there! The other part was in reference to whatever it is folks are complaining about at the moment.

Yay for Christmas tour! Yay for my boss allowing me to keep a few "floating" vacation days for emergencies (like perhaps driving to Pennsylvania!) Now let's hope we get a full list and don't just have to guess as random dates pop up. But this sounds like it might be another Not-A-Tour, with dates being announced as they are booked.

Omg I can't go on........Tom and Katie are divorcing! How will Suri survive?

merrieeee... her mom will take her to buy new shoes and she'll be fine... LOL

Fear... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Thanks guys. I just had a great birthday party with 14 friends at a nice restaurant. Mr fear was nice enough to pick up the tab for my birthday gift. I hadn't seen some of them for 15 or more years. We didn't have enough time to catch up totally but it was so nice to see them chatting away with each other as if time hadn't passed. This was probably one of the nicest birthday's I have ever had.

And thank you Clay for signing on to a Christmas Tour- we hope.

:GM_FCA:

Blueberry muffins in the oven, smells heavenly! More rain last night, but sunny and warm today. I have a project for school to finish up today and then I think I will just be lazy!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks again for yesterday's birthday wishes. It was a hot day yesterday and supposed to be hotter today with no rain in sight.

We did our Tai Chi class outside today at 9 before the heat of the day. One person got a little dizzy from the heat and left. I'll be cleaning inside today.

Whoever did that post that Clay tweeted hit the nail on the head. If gay folks can't be treated equally and have the same rights as everyone else, why should they pay taxes? Since Clay's mom and brother are Republicans, he knows that all Republicans don't think that gay folks should be treated differently than others. Unfortunately during the debates all the Republican candidates appeared to be in lock step in not supporting gay rights as if everyone believes that. The person who wrote that little piece did not really have to throw that in. The theory was right the execution wrong.

Is anyone here familiar with The New No. 2 and their upcoming album The Fear of Missing Out? I ran upon them quite by accident this morning through Twitter. I KNOW that some here will love this (luckiest1 comes to mind).

I first came to this page http://thenewno2.com/preorder and wondered how a new group could afford to be this bold. So I clicked on to "continue to thenewno2.com and down the left side of the page is music to listen before the July 31st release. You can even download Make it Home if you like them on Facebook. Okay, start with Make it Home.

Then click on photos and see who this is! So what do you think?

Have read here everyday but just have been really busy. Still working full time and trying to spend time with my grandchildren. We got up early today to get a ride in before it got hot. We did 43 miles and got home before it reach 90 degrees. I have 10 days before my next bike tour and I hope the heat breaks at least to the 80's.

Saw that one venue mentioned the Christmas tour. I am hoping that a venue near me picks it up. Traveling about 4-5 hours away is the farthest I want to travel especially if the weather starts to get bad. I remember in 2007 when he was in Kalamazoo we drove home that night and the strom was on our heals all the way. We made it before the weather got really bad. Same when we went to Waukegan. It started to snow about an hour away from home, remained light, and within two hours of us being home the roads were a nightmare. Like most people that is why I prefer a summer tour, but Christmas Clay is perfect and will not miss it.