# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

:happybirthday04:gbmifan!!

I'm with you on the Olympics Couchie.

Its funny my Dh is a sports fanatic and will watch any sport over all other programmes & he is not that excited but I told him that every four years is just enough for me!

Hi LdyJ. I'm getting geeked. The olympics are about to start. Two weeks of heaven.

Me too me too! Track & Field BABY!!!! :sport033:

My son's former HS teammate made the team again. Alice Schmidt. Women's 800. She came close to making it in the mile too which is a new event for her!!! And there is the amazing story of Lopez Lomong....former lost boy and the incredible Ashton Eaton and, and, and, .....

Wooohoo! GO TEAM USA!!!! :D

:happybirthday04:gbmifan!

Yeah, I'm an Olympic watcher too, so the next few weeks will be full of sitting in front of the tube. I'm in for gymnastics and swimming!

Wonder what sports Clay will watch, if any? Might have to tweet him about that. *g*

:GM_FCA:

We lost power yesterday at 7:30 in the morning and it did not come back on until midnight. Originally they were estimating no power until Friday at noon, so I am so glad they were wrong about that. It was an interesting evening. We spent it putting as much food as possible in coolers with ice and all my veggies are in my neighbor's refrigerator. I will probably have to go through the fridge and freezer today and toss things.

87 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

:Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:happybirthday01: gbmifan!! Hope it's a good one!

I'm not a summer Olympics kinda gal :clay: but winter Olympics I could watch the entire 2 weeks of. LOL I'll probably watch them anyway when I can't find anything else on tv. I always want to see the opening and closing ceremonies though.

Our local NBC affiliate has been flooding their newscasts with Olympics stories because we have quite a few locals participating this year. I think the biggest one they're hyping up is Jordyn Wieber for the gymnastics team. And then apparently we also get to lay claim to Michael Phelps because he attended U of M. I didn't know that before this year. I guess the swim coach for U of M was also named head coach for the USA swim team, so that's pretty cool. :)

Happy Birthday gbmifan

:happybirthday05:

Went out to dinner with our ex neighbors at the retirement home again last night. Their daughter travels five days a week and worries about them. They really should be in assisted living but won't move from their apartment. He is 90 and she is 85. I'm hoping I don't give my kids such a hard time when I need help.

I prefer the winter olympics but will probably watch a few events. Anything but swimming.

Just got an email from the OFC. They have the fan club beach blankets and tote bags on sale, cheap. Then, they publicize the fact that you can rewatch all 4 for Clay's chats.

But then...if you want to watch him over and over again...you can TRANSCRIBE a chat and possibly win a year's subscription to the OFC. That's pretty interesting....

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I kinda dreaded this day because I turned the big 60(that is hard to write). I did not schedule myself to work because I remember what they did to me on my 50th. Went to Pilates and Steps today. Trying to add some more exercise because I am at a standstill on weight loss. I am down 35 pounds with 7 to go to get to a BMI of 23. I do not want to cut anymore calories since I eat about 1200 per day. I know this happens but it is frustrating. I turned down hubby about going out to dinner because temptation is there and I rather cook. My son is taking me out on Friday.

I was hoping for a present that some dates would appear for Christmas. I am so hoping for Mi. or something close.

Happy birthday gbmifan. :bdayparty2: Good luck losing that last 7, congrats for the first 35 too!!

I wouldn't recommend the "cleanse" lilyshine and I just had--food poisoning or something that acted like it. We never at the same thing at any point beforehand, so we aren't sure, but ugh! But I'm sure I lost several pounds!

Just got an email from the OFC. They have the fan club beach blankets and tote bags on sale, cheap. Then, they publicize the fact that you can rewatch all 4 for Clay's chats.

But then...if you want to watch him over and over again...you can TRANSCRIBE a chat and possibly win a year's subscription to the OFC. That's pretty interesting....

Transcribing Clay is HARD since he talks so fast! I've done it before and it's quite a bit of work. And then we can't peruse the chats easily, it's a one shot thing... I am gonna try for it though.

I was hoping for a present that some dates would appear for Christmas. I am so hoping for Mi. or something close.

You and me both!!!! :)

:GM_FCA:

I am going to enter the transcribing contest too..my first job was as a dictaphone transcriber back in the day..you had to use a foot pedal to go forward and backward. I believe the chats at the bottom of the chat page are set up so you can watch from beginning and go back and forth.

86 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

:Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Bleh. I was at an all day meeting, as part of my statewide library association. Halfway through the day, I suddenly was very cold, and then hot, and then cold. Now, I've been having that...um, problem...a bunch lately. (I hate getting old!) But then I started getting achy. Got home and took my temperature...just under 100 degrees. Crap. I have tomorrow off anyway, but I was planning on doing a bunch of things, not staying in bed.

If I had time, I'd enter that transcription contest. I think I could listen to Clay talk all the time!

New tweet, and an interesting one!

IA, IN, OH, MN, WI, ND, SD, NE, KS, CO, WA, OR, UT, MO, AR, MS, LA, OK, TX, NM, ID, MT, WY .... Little holiday help please!

I think I'm OK, as my state isn't on the list! I'm also happy to see that California isn't on that list either....

Michigan isn't on the list!!! I'm gonna take it as a good sign!!!

I also noticed Mi. not on list. I am keeping my fingers crossed. My concert buddy and I are so ready. We can not go to the Gala and this is my only chance this year to see him. We are hoping two close together so we can attend both. Start praying now!!

So what is that list?

Merriee -- I have NOT gotten my phone back yet. They were due in last week..and suddenly they just skipped over SF altogether and now they are scheduled to be back in the Bay Area on 8/6. But to be honest, I don't even miss the phone.

So funny...I finally met my upstairs neighbor after 3 years LOL. Before they were just people who made too much noise. We have a lot in common and we have commiserated over being forced out of our apts.

It kind of looks like these areas don't have tour stops. So many of those states don't have the population to support his tours....combined with those that gravitate primarily to country music. I think this tweet might be some kind of hint for those who will be wondering about buying tix closer to them as the tour stops are announced.

I am not sure that the tweet is related to the concerts at all. Maybe he just wants to know where to go on holiday? LOL

I don't know why, but ever since I switched over from a Blackberry to an iPhone (same phone number) I no longer get Clay's tweets as texts. I haven't changed the settings in my Twitter account. Must be a setting on the iPhone somewhere......