# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

77 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Picture posted somewhere, somehow, via Twitter. I couldn't find the original post, because I got it via Facebook!

179c9b8ade8211e190351231381b5983_7.jpg

And I'm now seeing on other boards that the original was posted by someone called "reelalexroth" taken at Five Guys Burgers (not sure which location), and the picture is now taken down on Twitter.

I love the glasses, he looks great!

I know I'm a little late with this but TnT is on UNCTV MX tonight at 8. I guess they got my check. I did ask them to replay it with our previous donation. Mr Fear watches so many PBS shows we would feel guilty not donating to them.

The man is a true enigma..he can look drop dead gorgeous in one picture and the dorkiest dork that ever dorked in another!

Austin here...needed on Nana duty.

Kim

Gotta say.... SO glad I was able to get online... LOVE the pic. :)

We kinda made a last minute run out of our house last night... my mom decided we would go over to her sister-in-law's for the night and I'm glad I ended up packing 2 days worth of stuff, I had a feeling she might have done something like that and confirmed it today. I got lucky and some friends picked me up today from the wedding we went to and I'm there now...but yikes! I've been without internet for the past 24 hours or so and it's a fluke I'm on now... hope it holds out.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! I know I am!

This is the first picture of him with glasses that I've seen in ages...I was beginning to think he had taken the surgery option and ditched them...I'm glad to see he didn't. The lighting in that picture is awful, so I'm giving him a pass on this one. He always looks great to me....but I'm easy. :cocktail:

This is the first picture of him with glasses that I've seen in ages...I was beginning to think he had taken the surgery option and ditched them...I'm glad to see he didn't. The lighting in that picture is awful, so I'm giving him a pass on this one. He always looks great to me....but I'm easy. :cocktail:

Me too! I'm always easy about him, and I'm a sucker for him in glasses. I think he kinda looks like Adam Savage (from Mythbusters) in that picture. Another geek love.

It's in the last few minutes, but Game Show Network (GSN) is rerunning Clay's "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" right now. I see in the listings that it's on again later tonight. God, it's funny watching him slide his jaw back and forth with his nervousness!

Latest tweets from Clay tonight:

Thanks for following me! ;-) RT@DianePSampson: you were a self righteous hypocrite 2 ur fans 4 years. u're STILL self righteous & arrogant.

I saw the original post last night and was like "wonder what Clay "did" to her to cause that reaction?"

What? I missed it! RT @callmeBabby:@clayaiken 'Whatdidya think of the multiple shoutouts to you during Wipeout this week?

I watched that clip this morning via the CH vault. There was a contraption called the "3 C's" that the contestants had to get through. The commentators called them "courage," something else that I can't remember at the moment, and "Clay Aiken." It looks as if Clay's tweet about enjoying the show REALLY got through to them! Hee.

Just turned TV on and I'm on Smarter than a Fifth Grader! Wow I was chunky then! I think@includingkids should get $ every time it airs!

Hee! Clay, I saw it, I should make a donation, just because we're on the same wavelength!

To highlight IDIOCY!! ;-) RT @coopersgirlba:@DianePSampson why do you answer these people. grrrr!

Heh.

Took my grandson to our Library Staff picnic yesterday..what a ham..they had a DJ and while everyone was sitting down eating, he was out there by himself dancing...cutest thing was a gentleman came up with his camera to video and he stopped and then he saw the camera, got a big grin on his face and started dancing again..he was the life of the party? Nana was tired through from chasing him all over the place. He discovered his shadow and had to follow it around, LOL!

75 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

Your grandson is entering the so cute i can't believe it stage. Sounds like you are having a great time watching him aikim.

Just for the record TnT was on UNCTV MX again, last night at 11:30. I watched it Saturday night and Mr fear DVR'd it for me. Last night I was trying to get NASA TV to work on my ROKU. No luck but we watched it a little this morning.

ETA: Just to add a link to another interview with my son in Portland. I'm going to have to give him a hard time for not putting in a Clay Aiken song in the music that helps him get through life.

http://wp.me/p1cvo7-3S9R

74 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PARKER!

73 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

Totally OTT, but Randy Travis just ripped his drawers to shreds, didn't he? Arrested for buck naked drunk driving and threatening to kill a state trooper? No more Christian albums for YOU, dude!

I would wish Parker birthday greetings if I thought he were reading the boards today .... or if I doubted his birthday would be totally grand. Since I hope he's not on the boards, and I'm positive his mommie and daddy are making his birthday a fab event, I'll just send best wishes to Clay and Jaymes for patience. Every four-year old that I had tended to have an explosion of tears at some point in the day -- too much excitement overload!

LadyJ: That's no father. That's a sperm donor.

72 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

No Clay news but neighborhood news. A 22 year old grandson of a long time neighbor was arrested for going into mailboxes in our neigborhood and stole a check from my next door neighbor. Another friend who lives down the street watched him come up to her front door and take something out of her mailbox and then walk around to her back deck and peek into the house probably to break in. He obviously watches who is where and when. Pretty sad that then took is girlfriend away who has a 5 year old and a three year old who is his baby. We're pretty sure drugs were involved as his mom did time for drugs. So very sad. He has wrecked his life, his girlfriend' and his son's lives. I'm hoping he gets a break but several neighbors are out for blood and they will make sure he gets a long sentence.

71 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

I was reading a commentary by Maureen Dowd on Wednesday. Although the article was about President Obama, she put in this quote from Paul Newman which could have been written by Clay:

“I’ve been accused of being aloof,” Newman told me. “I’m not. I’m just wary.”

The star scorned the hoops he was expected to jump through in his profession and did not like feeling beholden. He said he dealt with fame by developing “selective insensitivities.”

“With film critics and fans, you have to be selectively insensitive to their insensitivities,” he told me. “If people start treating you like a piece of meat or a long-lost friend or feel they can become cuddly for the price of a $5 movie ticket, then you shut them out.”