# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

Where's the baby aikim ? He has grown up so quickly. He's a real cutie.

I know..sometimes I cannot believe how fast the time is going by..his little sister will be here in about 9 weeks..looking forward to having another baby in the family.

Kim

He's a cutie aikim!

Today was a very long day. I woke up this morning in a panic about a project that I HAD to finish today...and I did! But it took the entire day, and I'm dead tired. Next week is the welcome back to the faculty, which for us is a busy time.

This weekend is a family reunion for me, so I also had to get some food ready! Now, I'm happy with my computer and the Olympics. Track and Field rocks!

Hey Clay -- I hope you are enjoying your break!

I may never have grandchildren, but I have another grandpuppy! His name is Oakley and he is about 10 weeks old. He is a white German shephard but right now he is oh so tiny and weights maybe 5 pounds. He's been dropped off a number of times for babysitting this week.

post-212-0-78680000-1344683234_thumb.jpg

This morning I am attending a canning demo at the farmer's market. My big chest freezer if full to bursting with who knows what. I'd like to be able to preserve things without freezing.

luckiest, my West Coast son has had the best luck with pickles of various things this year. Pickled beets are a big favorite. The great thing about canning is you can things when they are abundant, cheap and at their peek. The biggest problem he has is friendse not returning his jars. He swaps food for canning jars at his web site or at Craig's list. He is looking forward to canning a big crop of tomatoes soon. I think he has 20 tomato plants. Being a vegetarian, tomato sauce is used quite often in his cooking. So have fun at the market.

The Portland CBS tv station interviewed him about his web site yesterday and we watched it streaming in real time. It was almost like visiting him, but he couldn't hear us. At the end of it, the female newscaster said to the other about his web site, "It's so Portland".

:GM_FCA:

It is actually chilly here this morning..I had to put my robe on! I love it though..this is my kind of weather, windows open and snuggling under a blanket to sleep Going to work out in the yard today..do some clean-up of the garden and then go through some dishes and stuff..I have two daughters moving out and it is a good time get rid of stuff that I don't use or need.

70 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Tweets..spec was that he was talking Parker back to L.A. and needed a cup for the plane..but the second tweeter is from Charlotte.

Stephanie Mills ‏@SheddingDreams

@clayaiken I'm pretty sure that was you at RDU looking for a sippy cup at Life Is Good??

Cherokee Cillie ‏@TrulyCherokee

Just met @clayaiken & his uber sweet son! Good people. :-)

Fear, my garden is over abundant most years, but because I wasn't comfortable canning, I always just freeze everything. The demo was very good and now I think I will feel comfortable putting a few things in jars. I might start with pickles.

69 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

Sad news about my grand puppy....my son took him to my vet to be checked out (at my insistence), and she recommended he return him to the breeder. :( We knew he was v.v. skinny, but he had gained strength in the week we had him. However, she said he was emaciated and needed intensive care. I feel so bad for my son. Of course, he had already formed an attachment to the little guy. I really hope the breeder does the right thing and gets him the care he needs so he eventually will be healthy enough for my son to adopt.

Poor puppy :( I don't get people who mistreat their animals...I hope he recovers soon.

I made one of the best and one of my favorite purchases yesterday....an iPhone! It's been a looong time coming and I had a great discount price that I couldn't wait on. I haven't really tried using Siri yet but I look forward to her messing up what I say. Haha!

Did anyone watch the closing ceremonies yesterday? OMG, the Eric Idle bit had me on the floor! Seriously, it was a scene out of Spamalot, right down to the roller skating nuns. Between Mr. Bean & James Bond in the opening ceremonies, and then this, I love the way they used humour. I don't think I've ever seen that at an Olympic Games before. I also loved their "Imagine" with the children's choir, and especially John Lennon on the big screen and the cool replica of his face they built on the ground. The rest of the musical acts? Not so much, but hey, they had Paul to open so what more can you ask for? Well, personally, I would have loved to see Elton John. I can't believe they completely skipped over him and his music. I wonder why?

68 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

The Eric Idle bit was my favorite!! :) I ended up watching the live broadcast online and I'm SO glad I did!!! NBC cut out more stuff, AGAIN. I heard that London was using a Muse song for one of their unofficial songs for the Olympics and that they might perform, they did as we all know now...but NBC cut their performance out! I was SO mad, I LOVE Muse and was looking forward to seeing them twice! Ugh. They also cut off the start to the Beatles/John Lennon tribute, but they showed the entirety of "Imagine". Whatever, NBC...........

Did anyone watch the closing ceremonies yesterday? OMG, the Eric Idle bit had me on the floor! Seriously, it was a scene out of Spamalot, right down to the roller skating nuns. Between Mr. Bean & James Bond in the opening ceremonies, and then this, I love the way they used humour. I don't think I've ever seen that at an Olympic Games before. I also loved their "Imagine" with the children's choir, and especially John Lennon on the big screen and the cool replica of his face they built on the ground. The rest of the musical acts? Not so much, but hey, they had Paul to open so what more can you ask for? Well, personally, I would have loved to see Elton John. I can't believe they completely skipped over him and his music. I wonder why?

Unfortunately we only got to see what NBC deemed was worthy! How could they not show Ray Davies of the Kinks? I was gobsmacked when they said we are going to our new show and come back in an hour to see The Who! All in all it was A+ for the show and Z- for NBC

If they were hoping to fool people into watching the new show, it didn't work with me. I wasn't paying close attention, couldn't understand what they meant about The Who later, and assumed it was all over.

My older son got a little publicity for his food swapping website. A local tv station came out to his house to film him and talk to one of the folks who is really enjoying swapping. He swaps his home brew, foods he canned from his garden, homemade yogurt and cheeses. He is pretty excited at how it's taking off. He doesn't make any money from the site as he won't take ads or sell information. Although it could generate some web work for his business. We have never been to his house which he bought last year , so it was nice getting some glimpses of it. Here is the video.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=3698783

That's awesome for your son, Fear!

I am so glad that we had full coverage of the Olympics on CTV. So sorry to hear most of you didn't.

Puppy is up to 6 3/4 lbs now but my concern is that it's too little, too late. From what research I did yesterday on German shepherds, he should be about 20 lbs by now. So even if they get him up to weight eventually, I doubt any vet is going to give him a clean bill of health. Without that, you can't buy pet insurance, which is the path my son was hoping to go down. Ugh.

I wonder if your son's dog was the runt of the litter. One of our many cats we had over the years had a litter before we could get her fixed. One kitten was very tiny and when it tried to nurse the momma cat pushed it away. We tried to take feed it but it didn't survive. Hopefully yours got help in time and will start to thrive. The vet fees really start adding up.

Awe!

QUOTE (scorpionlady45 @ Aug 13 2012, 10:43 PM) post_snapback.gif

remember the person who tweeted on Saturday that she met Clay and his "uber sweet son" biggrin2.gif

well, she has tweeted a few replies to people.

@CarylAnn4 @clayaiken They were both very kind. :-)

that was in reply to this tweet

CarylAnn ‏@CarylAnn4

@TrulyCherokee @clayaiken u are so luckly - yes I am very jealous

and then this one just made me all schmoopie wub.gif

@RIFAN23 @clayaiken Am really proud of the little guy. He did an amazing job listening and showing gratitude.

67 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Kim

Clay just retweeted this from the National Inclusion Project:

So exciting! Estate gift received to help pave the way... owl.li/cXTnG

Here is the article, this is incredibly exciting!

8/14/2012

Estate Gift to Help Pave the Way...

The National Inclusion Project has received a very significant gift from the estate of Ms. Shirley Dundas. Although we did not know her personally, we learned from her brother that she was a very friendly, outgoing and caring person. “She felt blessed to be able to help others through this gift,” stated her brother who is also the estate executive.

Ms. Dundas was also a planner. She liked to ensure that all things were planned in advance, and therefore, she established her estate plan in 1993. She updated and amended her plan in 2010 to reflect the support she wanted to provide to special friends and charities, one of which was the National Inclusion Project. Her love of music and singer Clay Aiken led her to the Project, and she decided to make a difference by gifting a percentage of her estate to support inclusion.

With an immediate cash contribution of $157,500 and additional proceeds being paid out over the next nine years, her total gift to the Project will be $643,500. Her generosity will help pave the way for the future of the Project and help ensure that no child sits on the sidelines!

Our heartfelt thanks and thoughts are extended to her family!

Wow, is that awesome. Does anyone know if this was a fan who posted on a board?

That is a wonderful gift. Is this a different one than the one that was anonymously announced a few months ago?

I taped but didn't watch the closing ceremonies. Surprisingly LOL, I'm just not a popular music person. So once I heard it was more of a concert I didn't watch. But despite my massive frustration with the horrible gymnastics coverage, I enjoyed the Olympics very much and am going through withdrawal. Track and field coverage was fantastic so it ended on a wonderful note for me. I actually went back and watched the entire gymnastics even on the live feed (replay) and those commentators ran circles around NBC's coverage.