# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

I'm free! Long weekend, with a day off tomorrow. Will be working on favors for the Gala predinner on Friday night, plus shopping for my dress for that evening. Plus I'm meeting a friend for lunch.

I can't believe the Gala is coming up soon! I look forward to seeing everyone!

I can tell my fandom has mellowed, because I'm perfectly happy with one concert this Christmas. Of course, I'm also going to the Gala, which takes a bunch of funds. But even before I knew about the concert in Illinois, I told myself that if he doesn't come "close," I would be OK with it. Now, ask me next year...which, if I don't get to see him live, will be the first year in 9 years I haven't seen him live!

Heh.

jmh -- do it! You know you want to!

ETA: Clay just retweeted this picture:

A2slHumCEAAmz8q.jpg

It makes him feel so old...me too, actually. Hee.

I'm making this one a new post -- new possible concert. I grabbed this from the CH:

New possible concert: From ClaySkater at CV:

Sunday, Dec. 2nd at the St.George Theatre in Staten Island, N.Y. An advertisement appeared in the SI local paper though it is not on their website. A call to the venue says he is appearing there. The tickets are not on sale yet.

Good morning all! I went out to lunch yesterday with a friend (including to one of those "build your own frozen yogurt" places) and did some shopping. I think I found my Gala dress, although I now realize I grabbed the wrong size. The label says one size, the tag another -- and I think the tag was right in this instance! Anyway, I'll get it returned later in the week. Then, I got home...and the mother of all headaches hit. I ended up going to bed in my clothes at 8:30 last night, only to wake up 3 times during the night. I'm going to a retirement party today...I'm going to be one tired puppy here soon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Oooh Fear, which ones? Good for you! I just did a quick trip to Toronto and back. My mom was having a garage sale to benefit her show choir, and I thought she might need the help. Turns out she did, so I'm glad I went. But I am exhausted! I think maybe a quiet night tonight, perhaps with a bit of clack? I rarely sit down and really watch it, as I mostly prefer just to listen, but after leaving my iPod on a random mix of Clay songs for the car trip, I am reminded of all the great live concert footage I haven't seen in a while. Yep, having tickets to 4 upcoming Clay events really gets me back in the spirit! :goaround:

That sounds like a good plan Lucky! I might copy that one. Its a lovely day here. This morning we all pottered in the garden and now I have pizzas in the oven for lunch. I am still getting over the flu -its a really bad one - but at least I am ok ish in the day now.

An afternoon with some clack sounds good.

luckiest, so far Atlantic City and Musicfest. Will also try for tickets to Staten Island, my old stomping ground. Plus I am going to Durham, as it is the closest.

I'm going to try to see my brothers, one of whom I haven't seen for eight or nine years. I've tried to reach him but he is never available. I hope he is happy but i just don't know.

Feel better ausdon.

Announcement!

I'm working on favors for the Gala dinner at FCA, and I realized I've combined the "representing" list with the "dinner" list! So...please look over this list and let me know if it is correct:

artquest

clayann

couchie (+3?)

desertrose (+2?)

evelyn +1

FearofH2O +1

jmh123

KAndre

kimiye

ldyjocelyn

lilyshine

merrieeee

PermaSwooned

preden

PerusingOne

solo

If this is not correct, please let me know. I especially need to know about the the ???? mark ones! Also, I'm still coordinating with From Claygary at CV -- we are still doing a different party than they, but you will be able to mingle with them if you want as far as I know!

If you're planning on joining us -- please let me know soon! It's just over a month away!

Back from camping and was checking in when I saw a message from the friend who had got my tickets on Wed. She had gotten me F3 row M. Since I new I was not going to be around I was happy with those tickets. She sent me a message that she went on the OFC sale and got me F2 row B(I may have turned the F3 and 2 around, whichever is more center). I am happy. I told her if she does not sell them I will buy them because she was my only hope and I will feel guilty if they do not sell. I just know I am closer to the stage and more centered, and that is good.

Hi everyone, sorry I don't post much but I think of you all! So looking forward to seeing some of you at the gala! It's going to be a fun weekend, it will be great to get away! I'm beginng aquafit exercices this morning, I'm so out of shape!

Happy ldyjocelyn! :rainbowsmile: