# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

I still have some sympathy for Dayana...even though it's clear from Clay's blog Lisa is getting the villian edit...like someone said over at TwoP:

Dayana can't win with Lisa. If she helps out and stays in the background, she's told "we had to make work for you," and "Anybody could have done what you did." If she tries to be more front and center, she's criticized for always wanting to be in the spotlight. If she simply asks "what do you want me to do?" She's told, "Do whatever the fuck you want." And then, if the team loses, she will be brought to the boardroom and told she didn't do enough.

Lisa didn't even pretend to include Dayana, during one of Clay's talking heads he did say the PM should at least try, and honestly, for the last insane blow up, Lisa attacked Dayana for Clay's suggestion that she carry stuff onto the stage. Lisa's a terrible project manager and really she doesn't have a clue how to be an effective leader and get the most out of the people she leads. Dayana is getting an heroine edit, but she clearly does offer occasional appropriate suggestions and criticisms in timely fashion and frankly gets blown off. And for someone who's "done improv for 20 years", Clay kicked Lisa's butt.

Taxes done, except for one friend who's return I'm doing at home. Hopefully hear from her today to finish it up.

VBS. As a nonreligious person, I sent my kids to everyone of those when they younger. Not only free daycare but it exposed them to religion. We would discuss it with them and let them make up their own minds. As adults one regularly attends church and the other is an atheist. Go figure. Still have a lot of God's Eyes that they made during the summer.

I don't really care about Lisa's edit. It's not normal to freak out that much in a 24 hour period. Even 5 minutes a day is too damn much. I'm enjoying Clay but honestly for me it will be a relief when it's over -- praying he wins. Now that I know how arbitrary it is I realize it's a 50-50 thing. All you need is one rich donor to put you over the top. But as long as it's not Lisa or Aubrey I'll be satisfied with the ending. Totally not surprised that Clay did voices so well. We've seen enough of him I feel to know that would be up his alley. And while he may have never done improv he has the skill set from his "banter" to excel at this. I know a lot of the banter was "rehearsed" but he would always do things off the cuff. Also Spam was scripted but also I think doing that helped as well. The boy is good. Dayana's imitations of Lisa made my day. Too damn funny. She has her pegged. She can't win with Lisa. Plus she knows if she does absolutely nothing in a task, she has a good chance of going home. You can get away with that when there are 9 people but with 4? You see how much credit Lisa gave Dayana for her puppet that was praised, exactly none.

That was a great article, it's nice to see him getting the recognition that he desrves. :twinklewhore:

As for Lisa, the woman definetely has a problem. I do think she is OTT jealous of Dayana, JUST THE SOUND OF HER VOICE SEEMS TO SET HER OFF. She very seldom makes eye contact with her. I truly believe she never actually hears what Dayana is saying because her tirade usually begins before Dayana has finished a sentence. A really good therapist might do the trick....but it could take years!!!

Clay is doing a great job but I'm a bit nervous about the "love fest" that Trump seems to be having with Arsenio.....hmmmmmmm. :whistling-1: I think Trump wants to be the one to give him another show to host. Just s-p-e-c-u-l-a-t-i-n-g- here. :cocktail::Iluvclaysbutt:

The Cinema Blend Power Rankings

#1) Clay Aiken (34)

: If you didn't watch this week's episode, find it immediately, if for no other reason than to watch Clay manipulate puppets. I couldn't even believe some of the sounds coming out of his mouth. If the whole singing thing doesn't work out, he could

easily have a second career in voice acting. Every character he played had a different tone of voice, and some of his off-the-cuff lines were brilliant. I can't say enough positive things about the American Idol contestant this week.

I thought I read that Magic owns a tv station and Arsenio would have a show there. Or maybe it was just speculation? I just want to see Clay get a TV show. Although I'd like to see the National Inclusion Project win a lot of money, I wouldn't mind if Clay doesn't win TCA as long as he gets a gig out of this where we can see him whenever able.

vbs..vacation bible school?

I put in a lifetime of vbs growing up.

Popsicle stick crafts #HOLLA

Bwah. Oh man Bottle. Popsicle sticks. And our big thing was making these religious molds out of the plaster of paris (is that what it's called?) and then painting them ha ha. But oh man, my dad wrote a VBS theme song that we sang every year. He should have licensed that song! It was pretty rocking too LOL.

Clay is doing a great job but I'm a bit nervous about the "love fest" that Trump seems to be having with Arsenio.....hmmmmmmm.

Well he did think Aresenio should have been brought to the boardroom. But I think Paul was leaving no matter who was brought back.

I'm more concerned about the money that Aresenio's friends have. I don't believe he was calling up Magic or his big donors for that task where he wasn't project manager. I think he has many a folk he can call, no matter what he said during that talking head.

I thought I read that Magic owns a tv station and Arsenio would have a show there. Or maybe it was just speculation? I just want to see Clay get a TV show. Although I'd like to see the National Inclusion Project win a lot of money, I wouldn't mind if Clay doesn't win TCA as long as he gets a gig out of this where we can see him whenever able.

Yeah this is a pretty no stress show for me because first or second is a great story for Clay. And I swear I've never been able to enjoy twop so much when he was involved in a topic. I think he's doing well so far. Hopefully he doesn't hitch his wagon to Lisa because that woman is hated and so very toxic. Speaking of Lisa, what the hell was TD talking about when he said she was being nice or whatever the hell he was talking about. Is he on crack? Or does he not watch the footage.

From TWoP:

ELVIS DURAN invited CELEBRITY APPRENTICE star LISA LAMPENELLI on his syndicated show to talk about the controversial fight she had with cast mate DAYANA MENDOZA on last night's show. He inquired about the authenticity of the fight.

"It's real," said LAMPENELLI. "Because you work 20 hours a day with someone who literally has no brain. Here's the problem with people who are stupid. They're not smart enough to realize they're not smart. I'm smart enough to realize I'm not going to win a beauty contest. She's not smart enough to realize she has no workable ideas."

As the comic received some push back from the morning show crew, she quipped, "You called me to tell my side of the story -- I haven't called into other stations -- he only reason I call you guys is out of love and friendship. I'm not calling to defend myself."

Co-host CAROLINA BERMUDEZ then commented that she felt LAMPENELLI's behavior was "a little disturbing" and thought that cast mate CLAY AIKEN set it up.

LAMPENELLI responded, "CLAY loves to manipulate. He's a little queen who gets in there to stir up trouble." She then said, "If you don't like me, go F yourself! Also CAROLINA, you say you found my behavior disturbing, guess what, I'm a disturbing person. You should say in your head, I've known LISA for years -- so start assuming the best instead of the worse."

Lampanelli, as far as I can see, has no redeeming characteristics whatsoever. And frankly, I am not seeing her talent...and yes, I've seen her on various roasts and mainly find her disgusting as opposed to funny, and lord knows I'm not a prude.

Good article from the Charlotte Observer

It's about Clay's views on Amendment 1.

Will do full text later today or tonight...

Loved the article..the last line really got to me and I hope it comes true for him.

Kim

Really good article. I love how open Clay and Fay are. I'm afraid the amendment will probably pass according to polls I've seen. It's really dumb that a constitutional amendment is needed for something that's already illegal in the state.

jamar, he had a debilitating stroke several years ago. That's probably what you're thinking about.

Today is "long preview" day. Hope it's interesting, and not too blood pressure raising either.

The "Clay Aiken" song by Penn -- I'm waiting to pass judgement until after I hear it (it is supposedly being released this weekend on Penn's podcast). I have a feeling it will be just like almost any other thing about Clay...probably kind of snarky, probably with a few "digs," but in my mind, nothing to worry about.

Toward the end of CApp, it's feeling to me like it's 2003 all over again. The tension is starting to get thick, and it's gonna be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Think I'll go watch Clay flirt again...