# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

27 days? Yikes...but I can't wait! I'm going to start working on favors for the FCA Gala predinner this week, so please post in the thread to let me know if you're coming!

My husband and I always celebrate birthdays over a weekend, and this was the weekend. For me, it turned out as "free food weekend" as well! Friday night we went out for pizza -- had a coupon for buy one pizza, get one free, so we have leftovers in the fridge for this week. Yesterday morning we went out for breakfast, and then spent some time at a local apple orchard (HONEYCRISPS!!!!). We splurged and spent some time in the corn maze. Once we figured out what the heck we were doing, it was fun! After a nap, we went out for a nice dinner at a seafood restaurant. Since it was my birthday, we got a free piece of chocolate cake for dessert. This morning, we went out for breakfast again at a different restaurant. While we were waiting for our food, the waitress came up and said, "I apologize, I almost forgot to put your order in, so I just did it and you'll have to wait a little longer. To make up for it, we'll send you home with a couple of free pieces of homemade pie!" Wow. So, we are swimming in food. Tomorrow, I'll start in with Weight Watchers again!

Actually, I think the orchard had to ship the honeycrisps in. Usually the orchard has "pick your own," but they aren't doing that this year. We had a terrible spring/summer weather wise here, so apples are going to be pricey this year. BTW, Red Delicious -- blech.

Yes, I would say confirm with me even if you've signed up. Fear, I'll take your question as a confirmation in the affirmative. *g*

Our state lost 90% of our apple crop this year due to the weather, our apple orchards definitely have done some shipping in for their stocks. My favorites, Honeycrisp and Pink Lady are usually expensive as it is, so I don't see myself having apples anytime soon. It's sad, really...

ldyj sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! :)

:GM_FCA:

Had a wonderful relaxing getaway..did not find any treasures antiquing but enjoyed looking. Was so looking forward to the Packers game last night and was thoroughly disgusted by the officiating..worst I have ever seen...Green Bat should have won that game..that last game was an interception..much cursing at the TV last night.

25 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

So if anyone hears about an extra gala ticket floating around, let me know. Is that group still around that helps people out who want to go. I know someone who would like to go, can pay for one ticket but not 2.

I'm having fun planning my vacation.

There have been a couple of posts at CV from people that bought tickets, but now find that they cannot go. These tickets are offered to those that want to go, but couldn't afford ticket. If I see another offer, I will PM you, but you have to act fast because they get taken pretty fast. Someone even gave away 2 free tickets. Somebody that had gotten 2 free tickets, found out that she could not go, so she gave those free tickets to another fan.

They post these on Clay Matter's main thread, so if you belong to CV, try reading it every day for a free ticket. There is also a Gala ticket thread.

The transcripts for chats 2, 3 and 4 are up at the OFC! Go to the chat room and scroll down to where the 4 chats are..there are links underneath so you can read.

I did the one for chat #4..yeah it was tough watching and listening to Clay over and over again and having to see him run his hands through his hair all those times, LOL!

I was very surprised they did not edit it..I added a few of my own touches!

Congrats also to Shortyjill who transcribed Chat #3!

Kim

New appearance, via the OFC (public news portion):

UNICEF "Water for Life" Gala

UNICEF “Water for Life” Gala

09/28/12 at 9:55 AM by brian

On September 29, Calgary will mark the 20th anniversary of the UNICEF Gala in support of UNICEF's life-saving work for children. Members of the community will be treated to a delectable four-course dinner created by Hyatt Regency Calgary Chef David Flegel, an exceptional performance by musician and UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken, novel auction items, and an inspiring keynote speech from UNICEF Canada’s President and CEO David Morley.

The theme of the gala, "Water for Life," recognizes the importance of clean drinking water to children and communities. Earlier this year, UNICEF and the World Health Organization reported that more of the world’s population are using improved drinking water sources than ever before. But despite the progress, over 780 million people still lack access to clean water – and almost half of them are children.

"The people of Calgary are part of a global movement to bring clean drinking water to families around the world, and we can all be proud of this achievement," said UNICEF Canada's President and CEO David Morley. "However, the world water crisis continues to have devastating effects on children. To turn the tide, UNICEF will work harder to save lives that are threatened by the lack of safe water sources and waterborne diseases." UNICEF works in more than 90 countries to improve water supplies, establish sanitation facilities, and promote good hygiene practices. The "Water for Life" gala aims to raise $780,000 to help fund critical UNICEF programs reaching the most vulnerable children in the most remote areas.

UNICEF will invest in sustainable programs and lead water and sanitation relief efforts in humanitarian emergencies, such as the drought in the Sahel and civil conflict in Syria, to ensure that the 100 million children under the age of five without access to clean water are not left behind.

It looks as if this is being held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada!

Clay was spotted in Chicago last night..Andersonville on the north side which is a predominantly gay area..probably a stopover on his way to Canada:

facebook post, Clay sighting

Royen Kent Fun fact: tonight at Lady Gregory's, I sat Clay Aiken and his date. They were there for a while. People kept passing and double-taking. FUN!

15 minutes ago

http://www.facebook.com/royen.kent

http://www.facebook....140753615978129