# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

*taps microphone*

Is this thing on?

I hope everyone is having a nice few days. Me? I'm counting the days of work...my last day of being in the office is next Wednesday; I have two days of work in Chicago, and then I'm off for 2 weeks. Included in that is an Alaska cruise! Needless to say, trying to actually WORK is almost impossible!

Sounds great ldyj. No vacations for us this year. The Alaskan cruise should be beautiful. We turned down the opportunity a few years ago as I wasn't crazy about the folks that wanted us to go with them.

I could regal you all with details of our house project but it would definitely be boring. I am looking forward to our new appliances. :woohoo:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My somewhat funny story to cover this weekend....

My husband and I went to see a local production of "Jekyll and Hyde: the Musical" last night. We went because my husband recently worked with the musical director of the show on a different production. Anyway, I pretty much went into the show not knowing anything -- or so I thought. During the production (which was very very good for a local show, by the way), I found myself singing along with one of the songs. Duh. "This is the Moment." Yeah, Clay connection. Didn't even think about it.

Other than that, I've been busy buying things I think I'm gonna need for this cruise and all the activities involved. I'm freaking out about trying to pack for this trip. I've heard that right now Alaska is having a heat wave!

Actually, I was planning on going to Alaska to get away from heat! I don't do "hot," so for them to be hotter than we are in Illinois is making me a bit mad! I think it will be better when we get there in a few weeks.

Lots of storms last night around here. Nothing serious, thank goodness, but lots of flash flooding just north of us. Yikes!

Still here reading everyday, just not much to say. Went on a 5 day bike tour a week ago, and have another one in two weeks

Going to the Gala, having my airfare and hotel but have to buy the cheaper ticket yet. Hope for descent seat but if not at least I will be in the house. After reading some of the comments from others who have bought tickets and the problems they had when picking seats, I may just go for best available and hope for the best.

Glad Clay is having fun but hope for some career news.

Hello, hello. I've been on a massive cleaning and organizing campaign for seems like forever--took up right where I left off when I got back. It was funny, the very first impression I had when I walked in the door after being gone for three weeks was wow, look what a great job I've done with this place, I've never seen it so clean and uncluttered. That lasted maybe 20 mins. and then I began to see how much more there was to do.

I'm still keeping the to-do pile right in the middle of the living room so no matter what I do, it's hard to see that anything has been done because I immediately start moving more stuff in. Annoying but keeps me motivated. Just lately though I've been discovering some empty spots out there on the peripheries, or places that could easily be emptied out, to store some of the things in the middle of the room.

It feels like I'm finishing my move into here from three years ago. I had things from my mom's, from an "office" cum storage space I rented, plus everything from my apartment, including some things that were never unpacked from my move from my PA home and office to NC. So yikes, a lot of crap! At a certain point I got all wrapped up in my volunteer job and freelancing, and was pretty sick of the moving process by then anyway, so I still had lots of unpacked stuff upstairs while basically living in the middle of an office downstairs.

And this is why I don't post--not real exciting stuff. The process--but the result is exciting to me anyway. I feel like I'll have a new home when it's done, and I'll be ready to enter a new phase. Oh, I have been working on an audio project off and on, but it's slow going.

Oh, and belated happy birthdays all around. I wished couchie a HB on her Facebook and have been seeing ansa's travel photos there also. I love you FCA!! You're still the one for me, you and that Clay guy.

ETA: crap, what are the odds? I'm on top--hee!!!!!!

gbmifan, I didn't know people were having trouble picking their seats for gala.....I am still in the old mindset of the tables. I keep forgetting it's a theatre type venue now. I am also planning to buy the "cheap seats". That phrase always makes me laugh, because for me $250 is anything but cheap! But of course, I realize it's for charity. I have not yet been able to buy my plane ticket yet, but hope to do so soon. I have a reservation at the Marriott that is cancellable if necessary (i.e. the flights are too expensive).

Not much going on here lately either. No big projects this summer, other than my gardens, which are doing quite well. I have planted 3 varieties of green beans, cannelloni beans, two types of zucchini, cucumbers, leeks, hot peppers, lots of different herbs, 5 different heirloom tomato plants, 3 varieties of beets, 2 of chard, romaine lettuce, and I just picked the last of the arugula because the weather has turned hot. I have strawberries/raspberries/black currents but not much there so far. I think they may take a few more years to really produce. This coming weekend i have to head up to my mom's condo up north, as she has sold it and it needs to be packed and cleaned out prior to renting the U-Haul truck and moving the furniture to Toronto. That doesn't happen until the end of July. I am really looking forward to going to Ottawa soon for the McCartney concert. :)

merrieeee -- I agree! And I am so happy as well. As the saying goes...it's about damn time.

A tweet from earlier today. I'm guessing we may get more later?

Want to join me on stage @includingkids #ChampionsGala? Support the 200 Kids Campaign for your chance! owl.li/moTGM

Congratulations to the people of the USA, now all people are created equal as long as you are in a state that allows same sex marriage. The president said he will work to change this. If only NC cared about everyone being equal. Someone actually proposed a literacy test in order to vote. :biteme: Photo ids go in effect in 2016. Same sex marriage is prohibited by law and constitutional amendment. :cry4: It is so sad whenever I read the newspaper on line. I don't even want to think about what is going on in education. I donated to the 10th anniversary special gift. Every few dollars will add up.