# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

I agree that Clay was basically saying it was none of our business who he is dating, but there always going to be fan who make it their business no matter what Clay wants.

Pictures are just lovely..he is looking especially gorgeous this tour..can't wait to see the show on the 15th.

There is a new interview posted and vaulted last night. It is very good. Check CV

Kim

Oh my gosh. I just recognized the other DJ in the clips, Heather B. She was on the very first season of "The Real World!"

These clips are fascinating viewing! He looks so good, and talks so well. Love him. Love.

Loved the concert! Clay told the story of how the Japanese girl needed a ride to Sarasota and fans took her and let her share their room. He then said they may be crazy but that's how caring they are and things like that happen all the time!

He loves us!!!

• Like 1

I think that is so totally true. As much as there is a bunch of back-biting and disagreements so much of the time on the boards -- in the end, I feel we really do care about each other. We're all one big crazy family.

merrieee, I know you suffer from a bad case of the Aiken fog every time you see him, but if you could write up something as a recap, that would be awesome.

ETA: If you are a Google person (and I am), here are the link's to Scarlett's Google Drive for three of the shows. All clips are downloadable. I can also post more links to YouTube clips if people prefer that.

Google Drive Folder Links (downloadable mpgs:)

Lakeland: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwNYwUaGAgJ5SmlSMk9LSmRzYVU/edit

Clearwater: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwNYwUaGAgJ5T0tJR3NRM1VZX28/edit

Sarasota: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwNYwUaGAgJ5SUlYXzBWeFBudkU/edit

*All clips in above folders are/will be on You Tube. All clips in above Google Drive folders are Scarlett's and they are downloadable.

:GM_FCA:

Don't forget the Dr. Oz show today..check your local listings!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I forgot about Dr Oz when I promised to help my ex neighbor make banana bread at her apartment. At 85, she is very upset that she had 3 bananas going bad. Although she has someone clean once a week in her retirement village, she no longer has the energy to do laundry or straighten up, so she will have someone come in twice a week to do those things. Although her husband is weak from lung cancer they refuse to go into assisted living where she would not have a kitchen. They get their main meal from the dining hall downstairs and it is very good. Now I'm getting concerned about getting older.

On a brighter note, tomorrow is the Durham concert. :woohoo: and tonight my Portland son is coming to spend 10 days with us. I'll miss about 6 of them being in NJ but I didn't want to leave Mr Fear alone for that long.

Via the CH:

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- "Winter Sweet" — a new, family-friendly, nightly outdoor show — will debut on the famed Atlantic City Boardwalk on Saturday, December 1 at 6 p.m. Created to draw visitors to the Boardwalk, "Winter Sweet" showcases the visual beauty and elegance of the season. Like its sister show, "Duality," "Winter Sweet" uses sophisticated 3D projections and an original musical score to illuminate the exterior of Historic Boardwalk Hall.

To christen "Winter Sweet," Recording Artist Clay Aiken will appear at a winter celebration featuring holiday music, live entertainment, hot beverages and sweets. The free event will take place 5:30-7 p.m. on the Boardwalk at Kennedy Plaza. The first show of "Winter Sweet" will be at 6 p.m.

"Winter Sweet" debuts as part of a daylong celebration of the holidays in Atlantic City, including the Atlantic City Holiday Parade, the Christmas tree lighting, and other special events. Aiken is appearing courtesy of the Trump Taj Mahal, which presents Clay Aiken's Joyful Noise Tour 2012 in the Mark G. Estess arena on Saturday, December 1 at 8 p.m.

"Winter Sweet" is free and no tickets are required. "Winter Sweet" uses highly sophisticated 3D light projectors with Historic Boardwalk Hall as its stage. It is shown nightly every half hour from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Boardwalk Hall is located at 2301 Boardwalk at the center of the world-famous AC Boardwalk between Georgia and Mississippi Avenues at Kennedy Plaza. For more information, visit www.doatlanticcity.com.

"Winter Sweet" replaces "Duality," which will return in the spring. Since Duality's debut July 4, 2012, over 200,000 people have seen the show.

thehour.com

Have Yourself a Claymate Christmas

Have yourself a Claymate Christmas

By Keith Loria

Hour Correspondent | Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Although he may have finished second in "American Idol's" season two finals and lost out to Arsenio Hall to take the two spot again in the last installment of "The Celebrity Apprentice," to millions of Claymates, recoding star Clay Aiken will always be No. 1 in their hearts.

"I think I am destined for second place forever, it's just the way my life goes," Aiken jokes. "I'm glad I could provide some humor and fodder for people."

Despite losing out to Ruben Studdard back in 2002, Aiken's recording success far exceeded his American Idol friend and rival, going double platinum with his debut, "Measure of a Man," which not only was No. 1 on the Billboard 200, but still stands as the highest debut of any Idol winner (take that Kelly Clarkson!)

"The show seems like such a long time ago now. It's been 10 years and I find as I get older, I can remember less and less," Aiken says. "It was an amazing experience and I am so thankful for what it has brought."

Over the last decade, Aiken has topped the charts with singles "Invisible" and "This is the Night," wrote a best-selling book and appeared on Broadway in "Spamalot."

Although some other albums haven't sold as well as his first, Aiken did find great success with the release of the holiday album "Merry Christmas with Love," which was the highest debut by a holiday album in the history of Billboard magazine.

Since it's release, he has spent many the Christmas season touring and on Dec.6, Aiken will play Stamford's Palace Theatre in a concert he calls, "Joyful Noise 2012."

"This is our fifth iteration of the Christmas tour and every single year we try to change up the way we do it. We've done just me in a band, me with dancers and this year it's going to me with a full orchestra," Aiken says. "It's a change of pace and I think the orchestra adds a level of energy to a Christmas show that you can't get with a band. There's something about a French horn that just screams Christmas to me."

Aiken doesn't want any of his Claymates to have Blue Christmas, but he warns that the concert is all about the holiday music, so people shouldn't be expecting him to break out "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" or any of his other power ballads.

"If you're going to do a regular pop show and throw a Christmas hit in, I think it works, but when you do a Christmas show and throw in 'Invisible,' I think it ruins the mood," he says. "We stick with holiday stuff but that doesn't just mean I'm singing 'Jingle Bells.' There are some very pop-sounding tunes."

He'll also take traditional favorites--like "Sleigh Ride" and "Winter Wonderland"--and make them fresh with his own Aiken-esque style.

"It's not a sing-along, but we have fun," he says. "I think people really enjoy it and get into the holiday spirit."

The Christmas season is a joyful time for Aiken who loves to reconnect with his family and friends in North Carolina.

"There are so many people my age now who live somewhere else and Christmas is really the only time I get home to see my family," the 34-year-old says. "I think we certainly commercialize Christmas too much, maybe, but in doing so we've provided a time to reflect and look back on the year and be thankful for the good things and happy to have survived the bad things, and just have people gather around together."

When he was younger, Aiken recalls experiencing "the typical Southern Christmas," surrounded by family and presents.

"When I was a kid, all I wanted to do was get presents but as I've gotten older, I realized how much more special it was to give," he says. "I enjoy giving a lot more than I do receiving now."

Speaking of giving, as those who watched "The Celebrity Apprentice" know, Aiken is the founder of the National Inclusion Project, which supports the integration of children with disabilities into the life environment of their non-disabled peers.

It's been a few years since Aiken has done his Christmas tour and now that he's getting ready to begin, he realizes how important it is for him.

"I don't get into the holiday spirit unless I am doing this," he says. "The years when I didn't do it, I decorated the house and had the tree up but it didn't feel like the holidays at all. Now, I feel so much more like it's the holiday."

Looking ahead, Aiken is considering writing another book, working on another Christmas album and is open to other TV, stage and music projects.

"For now, we just want to kick start the holiday season off for people and I want it to get people into the spirit," he says. "There's something magical that happens this time of year."

Clay Aiken will play the Palace Theatre at 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6. Tickets range from $22-$73 and can be purchased atwww.stamfordcenterforthearts.org.

I'm just getting home, and I'm watching it right now. Clay is so handsome (shallow moment) and so smart (not-so-shallow moment). I think it is an interesting topic, and I personally think the guys who "changed" are still struggling deeply, even if they aren't showing it publicly.

Just finished it. I think Clay comes off as the sane one of the bunch. I know others are concerned about the reparative people having their say; while I don't agree with them at all (and think their science is wonky), it gave me a better perspective on where they are coming from. Still liked Clay's comments best about the whole term "reparative" meaning "something is broken" which isn't right.

Clay is definitely home! From instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/SmJ9_xRasd/

Capture-5.jpg

Gotta love those Krispy Kremes!

The thing is..........those "reparative" therapy people were lying. It was total bullshit what they were saying. I personally know kids whose parents (usually through some church or other) tried to push them into this type of thing. It's never the child's choice, and it if appears to be, it's because the child has been so brainwashed that they think they are bad, or wrong or broken, and need to be fixed. What needs to be fixed is parents or any adult in a position of authority over kids who spews this crap, this hatred. I am so proud of Clay for taking a stance. He made his point loud and clear and for him to say that he wouldn't take "the pill" now, 10 years later, speaks volumes to me about where he is in his life and his journey. He is amazing.

ETA: Yikes, did I kill the board?

luckiest, sorry I'm just getting home from a long day. You did NOT kill the board! I actually agree with you; I just always like to point out that I usually like to hear these people talk about what they are trying to do...just so I can hear them shoot themselves in the foot with their stupidity!

How was the concert this evening? Fear?