# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

What kinds of money do you get back from the OFC? I'm confuzzled.

We'll be getting the money back that we paid them for tickets through the pre-sale. They weren't cheap, so I'd wish they'd figure it out soon...

So sad about what happened in CT. What a horrific tragedy. :(

Well I woke up this am feeling sorry for myself for my concert that was to be tonight and called my concert buddy. When all was said and done we are in the balcony at St.Charles tomorrow. Got our hotel and we will be leaving in the morning. I keep telling myself that I am not crazy but I just had to see him. It has been since last year Gala and I do not know when it will be again so I just did it. Not the greastest seat but in the house!!!

• Like 2

Love this quote:

"We've got some producers on a TV show concept idea they want me to work on, but I don't have time to do it right now," Aiken notes.

Glad you figured it out Ldyj.........it was tough on the iPad!

• Like 1

Well, you got to see him 4 times, I think -- I'm only going this once. And sadly, many here won't get to see him at all.

I'm printing out maps right now to get to St. Charles. You know, I live in BFE, and there's no good way to get from my house to St. Charles! At least the weather held -- it's supposed to rain/be cloudy, but no other precipitation. And my husband and I are not staying overnight, because we have a church thing on Sunday we must attend. (On the other hand, he's doing the driving after the show...and I'll be writing up my recap on the iPad in the passenger seat!)

See you tonight luckiest!

Woke up this morning to an email, sent at midnight last night, from the Arcada. It's asking for Clay fans to bring an unwrapped toy for their annual toy drive to the theater tonight. I'll have to try to remember to get something this morning before I go, but if they had sent this 3 days ago, or maybe when we bought the tickets, they might have had a better response!

Yes what happened in CT is so very sad.

I'm not so concerned about saying the name of the shooter because the coverage is there 24/7 whether you hear the name or not and I'm not sure how not saying the name erases the action. My issue is why on earth are semi automatic weapons legal at all. They should be banned and all this grandfathered in crap and compromises on the issue are just a joke. As for the 2nd amendment I'm a-ok with allowing everyone in the country the type of gun that was available when our country was formed. I don't understand how "militia" has come to mean everybody under the sun anyway.

Have fun at your concert LdyJ. Hey Bottle!!!

Here's my deal....these guys want to go out in a blaze of glory....be remembered....even if it is for something horrible

In 1957 Charles Starkeather went on a murder spree in Nebraska and killed 11 people and was put to death in the electric chair. Every damn year they do a retrospective of the whole thing in the Omaha paper...they go all out on the big anniversary years (the 5s & 10s)

....in 2007 not a week after that years big story ran, Robert Hawkins shoots up a mall in Omaha killing 9 and his suicide note states "... just think tho, I'm gonna be fuckin famous [sic]."

... in 2010 a band puts out a song about a kid just like him and uses his first name...perhaps you've heard it, it was a huge hit.

"Due to the opening lyrics, "Robert's got a quick hand," many have speculated that the song is a reference to Robert Hawkins, perpetrator of Omaha's Westroads Mall shooting." --wikipedia

Even though the band denies it, the urban legend was born here and many are convinced. He got got exactly what he wanted. He's fuckin' famous...

We glorify criminals in our society both real and fake...and it isn't anything new. What is new is the access to the information and the weapons.

JMHO