# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

The Aiken fog got me pretty good and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to remember any details to give you. I took care of the dog/cats and was ready to leave when who should appear but my Navy grandson. A friend had driven him from the airport. He has lost the key to the padlock on his duffel bag AND his ATM card and wanted to go with his friend right there and then. We tried a couple of things, but the lock wouldn't budge. Finally I gave him a pair of men's sweats that I had gotten years ago, so weren't womens, and some money and he was out the door. I was exhausted! LOL That is just soooo normal for him.

That made me later than I wanted to be. I LOVED that the concert was so close to me for a change. 25 minutes. 10 of which was bumper to bumper Friday night traffic. Found my table with 15 minutes left to order my dinner. I got these cottage fries that had beef, sweet onions and feta cheese on them - delicious! It was a very good seat in the first row of tables. Ellenpoppy was my table mate and since I had never met her before that was totally cool. I got to reconnect with Perma and we vowed to make a date for dinner soon to catch up, so that was neat, too.

The theater was pretty full and when he asked, I think Clay fans and NJU were about even, which was fantastic! I had heard about the start of the show, so was prepared, but I think he didn't do the bit as well as some of the times I had heard about. It kinda fell flat to me. But, OMG that voice has never sounded better, nor has he ever had such fine control. WOW!!! The bit with the little girl and the 12 Days of Christmas was great. Watch that. He accused her gramma of bringing her just to get his attention and the granddaughter, who was 8, ratted her out and agreed with him. LOL She was pretty big for 8, but she had a great voice and surprised Clay with the strength of her voice and how she was not the least bit nervous to be up on stage with him. I think that was my favorite part of the show.

He mentioned that Arsenio was there, but you could tell he didn't know where he was and Arsenio didn't stand up or anything. When he did the last song, he exited right by my table, so I got to see him the closest I ever have... about 3 feet... S.W.O.O.N!!! He was absolutely gorgeous and I LOVED his slacks for that last part of the concert and how they fit him. Whew (fans self)! His hair was GOOD!

Didn't particularly like the narrations, but he got a lot of mileage out of his mother doing the one with the pig's tail story. He was very proud of himself for not messing up the words to any songs for the last two shows and for the fact that he only did 2 "end of the world" gags last night. He is just such a great singer and entertainer that it boggles my mind that more people aren't slurping up that voice. What's wrong with people????

Well, I managed to write a respectable amount after all. Happy Holidays, everyone! I was very proud last night to say my board was Finding Clay Aiken!

• Like 2

Well at least there is all that lovely clack to sustain us Fear.

Christmas eve here for me and that means cooking and cleaning. :chores012:

I usually do a cold buffet and the inlaws all bring things as well so it should be a good day.

Temps are forecast to be very high and today is supposed to be a scorcher- I think I heard 40 degrees C but

maybe that was for more inland areas - I hope so!

Have a good day all.

I swear, the dude would lose his head if it wasn't attached...

Left iPad on plane 4 the 2nd time n 2 months! Both times, airline went out of their way 2 get it back 2 me. That's why I fly @AmericanAir !!

Laundry tonight, and I was actually attempting to sew a button onto a shirt of hubby's...except that I dropped the button, it skittered across the floor, and I cannot find it! Sigh.

liney23, great recap, so glad you got to go to the show. Couchie, it sucks that it didn't work out for you, but glad to hear you got a bonus anyways! I've spent the last two days doing Christmas baking, and dealing with dogs & cats. My mom is heading out for the holidays tomorrow, and I hope to get some cooking done so that there isn't as much to do on the 25th. We had a bit of snow the other day, and things are icy out there, but at this point the roads are clear. We are expecting more snow on the 26th from what I hear. I am so glad winter waited until my concerts were over and done with to hit. :)

Happy holidays everyone! We may be a small board but we are still going strong. Was so nice to see some of you at the tour. I hope there is another one in the not too distant future.

It's Christmas Eve, which is when my family gets together and it's RAINING cats and dogs. I have to drive 45 minutes to my daughter's house and out here in Southern California, if someone spits out the window, there is a 5 car pileup... LOL My son has to drive an hour and a half on freeways in this mess. Maybe it will stop by afternoon... yeah, that's what must happen!

I wish all of you a very happy Christmas and a very merry New Year!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! I think this cold is finally on its way out..feeling almost 100%! Cooking and cleaning today and then tomorrow we take the whole shebang to my daughter's..hope there is room in the car for us after we pack all the presents, food and her dog whom we have been taking care of for the last two months and all her stuff!

Looks like any snow we may get will hold off until Wednesday which is fine with me.

Hope you all have a great Holiday!

Kim

Merry Xmas! Got off early. whoop! Tomorrow will be low key..just a me and mom over to my sister's house. Not even a fancy dinner...with one day off I wasn't up to it. It's always fun to watch folks open their gifts though.

Have a wonderful day and I hope Santa is good to you.

merry Christmas !!! We have had a lovely relaxing day and now I'm just kicking back. There is plenty of food in the fridge for whoever is peckish, the kids are busy with new games - ahhhhh

I hope all my lovely FCAers have a great day!

Merry Christmas!

New Clack alert: An anonymous donor has sent CV an MP3 of Clay and Quiana singing "Hallalujah" from the Gala a couple of years ago. It is in the CV vault. Not sure where else it is at the time.

Awwww, Clay loves us. From early this morning:

May the joy of the season surround you. Merry Christmas With Love! xoxo

Watching the Christmas episode of "Downton Abbey" right now....almost ready for season 3! Free Bates! LOL!

If you haven't already done so, grab Hallelujah from the CV vault.......it's awesome! Or if you don't have a key, here are some sendspace links:

Hallelujah

Hallelujah with banter

No fan should be without this song. Gives me chills every time.

Also, SueRue posted this lovely montage to All Year Long. It's worth a watch.

Fear, I hope you are feeling better!

I had a great Christmas with friends and family yesterday, although I have to tell you I have no desire to go back into my kitchen! I think I spent 3 solid days in there, baking, more baking, and then cooking the big meal. But there are lots of left overs which is always a good thing in this house. Today is going to be my totally selfish, lazy day, as the kids are heading up to their Dad's and my Mom is heading home to beat the snow we are expecting later this afternoon.

Thanks, I'm feeling much better. We didn't see anyone as we didn't want to infect anyone but instead went for a walk in Reynolda Gardens, near

our home. It was in the mid fifties. Later we skyped with our West coast son and his girlfriend. Mr. Fear and I exchanged some

inexpensive gifts as he made a generous donation to the NIP. I'll mail it in today.

Another visit to the eye doctor today. Hoping it's on the mend as it wasn't doing so well on Christmas eve.

Have a great day all!

:GM_FCA:

I seemed to have passed my cold to my husband..just hope he doesn't pass it back and that he gets a mild version than I had..still fighting the last of it. Neither one of us got much sleep last night as he was up and down getting medicine. So glad it is Friday and another 4 day week-end coming up.

We got a dusting of snow last night..hope the major stuff stays away.

Kim

You know, I could really get used to this "stay at home" stuff. But the vacation time is going way too fast; fortunately, I'm taking all of next week off too.

In the meantime -- my husband and I went to a travel agent today, and we've now put down a deposit on an Alaska cruise for July! It's our first cruise, and it's to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary (as well as a couple of birthdays that end in "0"). I can't wait!

I hope Clay is enjoying lots of quality time with his son and family...

Yep, I could live this way. I had to go into work briefly on Thursday to reboot my machines, because I was having trouble remoting in to them, but otherwise, I've been off for a full week, plus weekends. Back to the grind next week, minus the New Year's holiday, of course!

You know, I could really get used to this "stay at home" stuff. But the vacation time is going way too fast; fortunately, I'm taking all of next week off too.

In the meantime -- my husband and I went to a travel agent today, and we've now put down a deposit on an Alaska cruise for July! It's our first cruise, and it's to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary (as well as a couple of birthdays that end in "0"). I can't wait!

I hope Clay is enjoying lots of quality time with his son and family...

Ldyj you will love the Alaska cruise. I have done Mediterranean, Carribean and Alaskan cruises and the Alaska one was by far my favourite. It's so relaxing just to sit and watch the beautiful scenery go by. Then it's so exciting to see Glaciers and wild creatures!

Oh I can't forget having a salmon bake in the middle of the wild after having rowed across beautiful lake to get there!

I envy you going.