# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

How do people get by without radios? I listen to the local Hot AC station every morning -- not for the music but for the local news, the local weather, and the DJs. During the day in my car I usually listen to satellite radio (which I wonder if that could be where Clay is thinking this could work) or CD's. In the evening I do admit I watch more TV than music, but for Clay, I could easily switch!

Controversy? Clay? Ha. You must be joking. Not. I think that's what could make the show very interesting!

I too had no problems with the chat last night. I had to go full screen though to get rid of the scrolling chat -- that was too much for me. It also allowed me to see Clay's marvelous smile that much bigger. *g*

No problems with the chat for me either and I was on Chrome. I will be honest, I was pretty bored through most of the chat..I had a hard time understanding Quiana. I didn't think he articulated the concept well, but I understand they are just in the planning stages and are probably still working on the format. I think he would be very good at this..I always love his radio interviews..have always liked them better than his television interviews. I hope it is successful for him and I give him credit for always trying new things and hanging in there..he could have walked away from the entertainment business many times.

Kim

I don't have a radio. I only listen in my car and even then it's mostly sports. But my car has been parked for the last couple of years so it's only when I'm in my sister's car and my niece seems to control that now with the pop station.

I wish him a lot of luck. I think he'd enjoy it. It would be kinda ironic if he had a hit radio show after all his struggles with getting on with his singing..

I listen to the radio every morning but not on a radio in the house. I use my iPad with the iHeart radio app. I can get a lot of stations from all over the country so I hope that is the way he goes.

I kind of have mixed feelings about it. Of course I hope it's successful for him, but I doubt it would be available here in Canada so I'd be relying on people capping to hear it. And the demographic of 18 - 49 sure does alienate a lot of fans (myself included, in 3 weeks time! :P) But the chat was fun and Quiana and Clay interact so well together. I was laughing my ass off for the first hour, before he got into serious mode.

Just gonna toss this out there as a young listener example...

I only listen to the radio in the car. I think we have a whole of 3 radios in our house, and 2 of them are alarm clocks. The third my mom takes to work...

My friends rarely have the radio on in their cars, they put in iPods or CDs. Now I think that's more because they're finnicky listeners and the radio doesn't play what they want to hear... as for radio in the evenings? I'd say all of us are a no. We watch TV or movies before bed. One of my friends does work a late shift and they'll play the radio there but I don't know if she'd put on an advice show on her midnight drive home... we're all in the 24-26 age range.

Even with music intervals? Maybe it'd help... but calling it an advice show is where I have the mixed feelings...

While I'm feeling like a Debbie Downer, I should remember the Spamalot announcement... I had mixed feelings then too and ended up loving it that he was on Broadway... so that's my pep talk LOL

I thought it was a fun chat and laughed out loud several times. He and Quiana are so comfortable together. I didn't have any problems watching and litening to the chat. Could it have been a computer memory problem shortyjill?

Nope, the friend I was texting had the same problem and she just bought her computer last year. When it froze in Firefox though it started up again on its own, when it froze in Chrome I had to close out the browser, so I think I'll just stick to Firefox next time.

I don't have a radio at home, but I do have my Kindle and I can get radio stations on that..if you have a computer and the show streams you should be able to listen even if you don't have a radio.

Kim

Clay tweets:

@clayaiken: #childrenofsyria need blankets, boots & coats. WE can help keep them warm: http://t.co/UiPmyfpm via @UNICEFUSA #Syria

@clayaiken: Harsh weather has put thousands of #childrenofsyria in danger NOW. Watch @UNICEFUSA’s new PSA to learn more http://t.co/AGNZ787o #Syria

I just ran across an interesting article written by a guy who was stalked online. It's called, "I Will Ruin Him." http://chronicle.com...uin-Him/136693/. I think the article is public and free. It's unbelieveable the lengths this guy's stalker went to, and yet it is, of course, because we saw (from a distance) a similar thing happen to Clay--more than once, really, with an extremely devoted few. I found it really interesting to hear what it might feel like to be the target of something like this, given that we aren't likely to hear about it from Clay in this kind of detail. Ouch!! I had a hard time even reading it.

One thing that is interesting is how, even as a reader, you begin to doubt. That's one of his main points: the person is able to cast a doubt in people's minds and once that doubt is cast, even when the whole thing is the work of someone insanely fixated on you, a thought has been introduced into people's minds. Even this guy's police investigator after talking to her (after years of this) began to believe her, and yet he had seen many examples of her insane emails. This is actually an excerpt from a book coming out soon: Give Me Everything You Have: On Being Stalked.

Hi all!

Looks around in interest...

It's been forever! Sorry to have been out of touch, but it's weird to have a job I actually like and keeps me busy! Didn't listen to chat, but a radio show, huh? I haven't listened to the radio since...ummm...some time in 2003. Just can't do it. Hell, I don't even listen to podcasts, but I might make an effort for him, since I always do.

I do want to play Couchie's game...and I won't even cheat! Yay me! On to the count down!

13. May 20, 2003 - This Is The Night - he was gorgeous and sounded perfect and I just knew he was gonna win! Well, I won instead...a decade of playing this...works for me!

12. This is sort of weird, but the This Is The Night unreleased video with I Survived You dubbed over it. Am watching now. Excuse me.

11. When I Need You, 2004 Miami, just a beautiful rendition.

10. Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - not the holiday season 'til he sings it to me.

9. Long Island All Is Well - my schmoopie performance

8. You Were There - it touches me in so many ways but the raw power in some of those performances were just on another level

7. Perfect Day. It's just sweet!

6. There is the most kickass version of Rosanna out there - I heard it on a cellcert - and we never got audio - but it lives in my memory

5. To Love Somebody - The Gala tied with the AI version...makes my heart go pitty-pat

4. Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Jacob really did add something to the harmonies and pushed Clay to be amazing...(and I'm sneaking in Chain of Fools, 'cause he made me believe it! Flexible thing that he is!)

3. When A Man Loves a Woman - that was just one of those moments that if I couldn't have been there, thank God for good video and audio (and someone with the lyrics!)

2. I Survived You - He kicked such ass in 2004 singing that puppy live...I love the absolutely over the top versions toward the end of the tour..all smoldering put-upon passion...love it!

1. Almost every day, As Long As We're Here. It's just frickin' pretty. The good version at the Gala? To die for!

6. There is the most kickass version of Rosanna out there - I heard it on a cellcert - and we never got audio - but it lives in my memory

Loved your list K. I LOVE Roseanna. It was the last song I kicked off my list and kept Solitaire instead. What's this version of which you speak!

Glad you are loving your job!!

I'd like to have one if they aren't already spoken for merrieeee. Funny, I can spell merrieeee exactly right but I was looking at the word "fuss" a minute ago and thinking, is that right? Drawing a blank. Heh.

KAndre. Woohoo! World domination! Good to see you, come back again real soon. Liking a job that people pay you to do sounds delicious. Love your list. I'm going to write mine soon. I have it down to 13, just gotta write the whys.

The radio thing? I got the impression that the producers may have approached him. Clay has a history of working with pretty successful producers, and avoiding a lot of crap. But it's still just a possibility, and in show biz that's the way it is. The odds are only so-so. It is interesting to see that he is looking in the direction of radio, so even if this doesn't work out we might see another idea pop up. I'll bet Adam and Penn and Lisa plus all those folks he has been doing interviews with for Sirius have been telling him radio is the way to go. Also interesting that he's thinking of the regular airways instead of satellite. Lilyshine suggested he and Meghan McCain may have also made a pilot. Hard to imagine him avoiding politics! We decided he could do or have done any number of other pilots that didn't need call-ins. Maybe he has been thinking about radio for awhile. Or maybe I'm full of it.

SpeculationsRUs!! I'm laughing because ever since the interview I've been all "He's so dweemy" and nothing at all beyond that. Just a Clay fog, and lots of other stuff that kept coming up all day, but once I got started I just went on and on there.

merrieeee, I'll take one too, if available! Thanks in advance...and if I missed one, thanks in advance anyway!

jmh, you bring up some good points. First of all, many of us have already had him starting the show, when it really is just in pilot stage. Honestly, I think he'd rather have a TV talk show, but that is BRUTAL -- first to get the pilot made in the first place, and then for it to last for more than a year. So I wonder if the radio idea was floated to him by some producers to see if he'd like it, and if the show can get made.

My original thought before he told us about the project was with Meghan McCain as well -- and I was thinking podcast. So, my idea and his idea weren't so far off of each other. I also think he will have a hard time staying away from politics in this show comes to fruition.

He really was dweemy, wasn't he? I know the screen was small with his picture, but I couldn't help but notice that beautiful smile of his. He looked happy, healthy, and...well...dweemy.

Everyone has interesting song choices! Some of KAndre's I'm gonna have to look up though (BTW, great to see you -- cool beans on the job!). couchie, are you going to start a thread with our song choices? That might send out a topic notification to people who might not come here very often, which might then get more people to post!

I asked a question too..he said I was close but not really what he wanted..I figure I got a C+ from Mr. Aiken. I submitted a second question..waiting to see if he comments on it.

Fascinating reading to see his vision of the show and how his mind works.

Kim

Damn it, I've got homework tonight, but I want to read his responses! I also wanted to try to do a question, but I'm not sure if I can word it properly (especially after reading a few of his replies).

Looks like Clay's at the hockey game tonight!

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken

Lets go Canes! @nhlcanes #itstime

6:01 PM - 24 Jan 13

Aryn Kontos ‏@akontoss29

Chilling with my boyy Clay Aiken http://instagr.am/p/U4tYDCkDNK/

Liz M Ohrberg ‏@emohrberg

Good job @clayaiken now LET'S GO @nhlcanes!!! #itstime

https://twitter.com/emohrberg/status/294597822949511171/photo/1

Two different reactions to Clay being at the game:

Two different reactions from fans at the hockey game.

EmilyAllstar ‏@1emmine

CLAY AIKEN IS AT THE GAME RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT????

Mary Mitchell ‏@maryliz814

Clay Aiken sitting right behind me right now... no big deal