Sign in to follow this  
ldyjocelyn

# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

:GM_FCA:

50 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The new "this week 10 years ago" clip is up on the OFC home page! "Somewhere Out There."

God, he looks sooooooooooooooo young.

Can't see it on my tablet. Ill watch it later on tonight. Too cold and damp to go out tonight and do Tai Ji at 6 pm.

Raining and cold all day here, good day to stay inside and drink hot tea.

Clay is retweeting a LOT of people this evening, in reply to his tweeting about the clip from 10 years ago. Too much fun.

Love watching that clip again. He was soooooo cute....

He has officially blown up my phone! LOL I haven't read them yet, I want to wait till he's done to see how many exactly. :huh-bwah:

I know what you mean! I'm getting ready to go to bed, so I'm going to add all his retweets to the Twitter thread as of now. I'm sure I'll have to add some more tomorrow morning!

ETA: I GIVE UP!!!!! I'll do these tomorrow!

:hi: Hi FCA. I've been lurking lately. Just a bit tired and blah.

I am however giving myself a good talking to, pulling myself up by my bootstraps,lighting a fire under my butt etc etc

Going to break out of the work,home,housework,unpaid taxi driver routine I've gotten stuck in.

Now I just have to remember what things are fun again?

So fun catching up on all Clay's tweeting last night!

49 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

:hi: Hi FCA. I've been lurking lately. Just a bit tired and blah.

I am however giving myself a good talking to, pulling myself up by my bootstraps,lighting a fire under my butt etc etc

Going to break out of the work,home,housework,unpaid taxi driver routine I've gotten stuck in.

Now I just have to remember what things are fun again?

Hey ausdon! Good to see you!

There seems to be a lot of that going around lately, the tired and blah and stuck feeling. Don't know if it's any comfort to know you have company, but you do.

:hugs-1:

More new tweets tonight, but not as many as last night! He really wants to sell his house though...

More new tweets tonight, but not as many as last night! He really wants to sell his house though...

Thank you for putting all of these in the tweet thread! I can see what he is up to picking those out, but I'm surprised there are so many from that demographic. His responses are priceless!

48 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

Tweet from debkahala:

@clayaiken - your amazing voice is very soothing for my daughter as she listens undergoing tests at#Cleveland Clinic. God Bless you! -

Clay's reply:

@debkhala Best wishes to you and your daughter. Will say a prayer for her.

What a sweetheart...

47 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

Hi. I am exhausted trying to declutter our house while still volunteering at school and at the library doing taxes. Hoping i can keep my three boxes of Clay stuff well hidden. We just listed our house yesterday so no takers yet. We are not expecting many lookers until after Easter. Kids get off from school next week. Hopefully we can finish mulching outside tomorrow. Mr Fear is doing a great job selling off some of his bonsai stuff and some of our extra furniture. He is a craigs list junky.

Hoping that Clay sells his home soon.

46 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

Fear we are trying to declutter too. I know we'll be moving sometime in the next year so don't want to take all this junk with me.

So was it just a couple of weeks ago I was moaning and complaining about being overworked and underappreciated? Today I got a raise AND a bonus. I'm happy again LOL.

So what's this about Clay selling his house? I'm out of the loop.

*high fives couchie*

I need to declutter too, but with what time? At this point, if I make it to May, I'm in good shape.

couchie, Clay's been trying to sell his house for over a year now. For some reason, it just hasn't sold yet.

Anyone got any good ideas for another list we could each compile? Loved doing those 10 songs -- so any suggestions for topics would be fine!

how about 10 favorite moments - could be anything that has to do with Clay/fandom - a particular performance, concert, clay party or roadtrip, or getting your hot hands on your favorite piece of clay memorabilia, meeting him etc. It's wide topic but think it could be fun to relive some of the personal..

I like couchie's idea, although 10 might be too many! I want to hold on to Fear's suggestion as well. How about we keep getting suggestions until Saturday night, and then the admins can get together and try to pick one for now.

My thought was what you thought were Clay's top five funniest moments....

Keep thinking though and we'll compile a list. That should keep us going for a while!

45 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

We received Clive's book at the Library yesterday so I checked it out to read it..I was very curious, not just about Clay but about the man..very interesting reading so far and his life has some similarities to Clay. I am just through the first 4 chapters:

He was the youngest..had a sister 7 years older than him so was a mama's boy. Did not have the best relationship with his father because he traveled a lot and cheated on his mother.

His mother died when he was 17 and his father a year later..he regrets that he did not mend fences with his father before he passed. Both deaths left an emotional hole especially his mother's..he went to live with his sister.

He went to NYU and Harvard Law School. Was a lawyer at Columbia Records and eventually became he head of the company.

Has lots of allergies..food, feathers and dust.

Suffered from anxiety attacks in his younger years due to his family situation, going to school at Harvard and being Jewish and dealing with antisemitism.

When he was at Columbia Bob Dylan was putting out a CD and wanted to include John Birch Society Blues..Clive told him he could not because of liability issues..there were lyrics in the song that he felt could open them to a lawsuit. Dylan was not happy about it and the song did not make the CD.

He divorced his first wife when his son and daughter were 3 and 5 and was a single Dad for a while..the kids actually lived with him because his ex-wife wanted to travel and find herself.

Kim