# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

Clay looks good..nice to see a picture of him.

31 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Twitter: Quote: Turbo ‏@Adamanever 30m @clayaiken was amazed to see you at the cheese. Beautiful family. Maybe next time a pic? Didn't want to be rude

Quote: Kristina Lee ‏@KrisLee4318 15m

The fact that I just saw Clay Aiken. #weird #didthatjusthappen

Quote: Kristina Lee ‏@KrisLee4318 6m

@danielle_gentry yea he was at the museum of life and science all day with his sons.. So we're we.

Quote: Genevieve Gholizadeh ‏@GenaFREEZE 2h

I literally just got denied by Clay Aiken while trying to take a picture with him. #noliterallythisishell

Facebook: Quote: Beth Connell Chisenhall

Enjoyed our time at the Life and Science Museum in Durham. We also saw Clay Aiken and a brood of kids. I thought he looked familiar!

30 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

Glad to know Clay is out and about in Raleigh with "his brood." I'm hoping that is Parker and a couple of his friends...hee.

He should be in Raleigh for a while now, right? Rehearsals for the play have got to be starting soon.

Sadly, I've made the decision that I'm not going to go to the Gala this year. It's just not affordable this year, especially with our taking a big cruise vacation in July. I will, however, make a good donation to the Project instead. My only concern now is that I may finally break my streak. I've seen Clay live every year since 2003, and I've been pretty proud of that. I just have to hope that he does a regular tour this year!

29 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

Glad to know Clay is out and about in Raleigh with "his brood." I'm hoping that is Parker and a couple of his friends...hee.

He should be in Raleigh for a while now, right? Rehearsals for the play have got to be starting soon.

Sadly, I've made the decision that I'm not going to go to the Gala this year. It's just not affordable this year, especially with our taking a big cruise vacation in July. I will, however, make a good donation to the Project instead. My only concern now is that I may finally break my streak. I've seen Clay live every year since 2003, and I've been pretty proud of that. I just have to hope that he does a regular tour this year!

I do not have the streak that you have. I am going to the Gala this year but I did not go last year. I can not afford every year so I have to pick and choose. This year it was easier for me because it falls the week before my ski patrol recert and that does not happen often. I also have missed some tours. I missed 2003(A1) and missed some other tours but have saw him every year just not every tour. Missed IT, NAT, and JNT 2005. I have a little excuse because I did not realize you travel to concert back then so I did not do the IT and JNT for that reason. I have no excuse for the NAT. He was in Clio which is 20 miles away but did not know a soul and had no idea that I could go to a concert by myself(foolish but I have learned and would of gone now). My husband even asked me if I was going and I said not by myself and by the time I even changed my mind the tickets were sold out and then I had no idea how to get one.(Things we have learned how to do through time).

gbmifan, it's pretty amazing what we can learn to do, just by following a certain sexy singer man! It's good to see you here!

New tweet:

Wow! @theofficenbc is REALLY building up2 a great end! What a clever way 2go! Got a sense its gonna get even better in the coming weeks! ;-)

gbmifan, it's pretty amazing what we can learn to do, just by following a certain sexy singer man! It's good to see you here!

New tweet:

Wow! @theofficenbc is REALLY building up2 a great end! What a clever way 2go! Got a sense its gonna get even better in the coming weeks! ;-)

I hope this means something but probably not. I miss him. Wish I could go to DC but could not pull both the Gala and that. Wish I had unlimited funds or did not live so far away.

I am here reading everyday, just not much to say. Just got home this am from a week of skiing in Colorado. Had a great time and was able to see my middle son who lives in Denver.

I feel bad that many of you can't see Clay whenever you want. I've traveled to see him many times and know what it costs. We are not staying over after the Drowsy Chaperone, so we will have a 2 hour drive each way assuming the traffic is good. I too would like to see Clay on TV. It's so much easier and cheaper. With this moving and trying to sell our house, I am too exhausted. So the end of tax season is so welcome. Have a great Monday.

No Gala for me this year..my granddaughter's first birthday is that week-end. Every year I think maybe this year I can make it and something comes up..I just don't think it is in the cards for me to ever attend a Gala. Unfortunately I think as long as Clay continues to do things in Raleigh that is going to limit the amount of fans that will be able to see him. And even touring can be limited depending on where he goes..so TV would be great..at least we would all be on the same playing field!

28 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

I have ironed out the details of my NC trip in May. My daughter and I are going to drive as far as WV on the Monday, then continue on to Raleigh on the Tuesday. We have tickets for the Tuesday & Wednesday performances. Thursday we will hopefully visit with some NC friends and then head home Friday. My daughter has to be at work Saturday morning. I am hoping to get to gala in Charlotte this year but if I do it will be a whirlwind, fly in and fly out trip. I also have a skating event in October so I'm going to have to start saving if I want to be able to do both.....

I am here reading everyday, just not much to say. Just got home this am from a week of skiing in Colorado. Had a great time and was able to see my middle son who lives in Denver.

Thanks for checking in. I know what you mean about not having a lot to say, but like you, I'm here everyday whether I'm posting or not. But I am trying to pick it up a bit lately, and I have a bit more time too.

Does anyone mind if I post some more photos? I feel as if there is unfinished business because I haven't posted the third of my favorite outfits yet, but I've got a lot of stuff going on, and I cannot decide yet, so I think I'll drag this out a bit. So I'm going to post the runners up first.

This one just struck me because it was a color combo we so rarely see on him, and part of that is the very light blonde hair. That, though not rare, was a Spamalot era color almost exclusively. The blue of this sweater is gorgeous. I like the outfit en toto, but way too bronze on the complexion there, Clay. Sigh. Anyway, Fear's choice reminded me of this outfit that I considered and rejected.

406108027.jpg

Gala--not sure yet. I am inclining towards not, although it isn't so far for me. I would still need a hotel, the cost of getting there, the gala ticket. At the moment there's no way I could afford to go, but it's a long time away yet, so if I could afford it by then, I might decide to go. I almost didn't go the year before last, but am sooooo glad I went. I haven't been to every gala, but I am pretty sure that, like lydj, I haven't missed a year of seeing Clay. And I'm going to the play in May, so got that covered again this year. I was lucky twice--first by living in ClayLand (the NE) where there were so many tour dates and appearances, and then again, by being here in NC where he now appears more often. That wasn't always true though; in 2006 when I first moved back here the odds were probably better of running into him in the store that seeing him on a stage. Not that I ever have run into him; I think one has to work at that, which I just am not the sort to do--show up at places he's been seen and stuff like that. I do take a new short cut that goes right by the entrance to his development when I go to my dentist. :lilredani:

This is scary, no wonder Clay is so protective of Parker:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/09/clay-aiken-stalker-arrested-north-carolina-home-encounter/

27 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

I know people don't like to give TMZ hits, so here's the article:

Frightening moment for Clay Aiken ... when an obsessed fan broke on to his property and made it all the way to his front door ... this according to police docs obtained by TMZ.

According to the docs, it all went down on April 3 ... when the fan -- 57-year-old Barbara Saylor -- snuck into Clay's gated community in North Carolina and hopped a fence surrounding the singer's home. Sources connected to the incident tell us the woman was seen trying to peer into a window at the front of the house.

The scary part -- Clay was home at the time.

Someone called 911 -- and cops responded to the scene. Barbara was eventually arrested for misdemeanor stalking and misdemeanor first degree trespassing.

According to the docs, Clay told police it's not the first time the woman -- who lives in the Seattle area -- crashed Clay's N.C. pad. Aiken told cops Barbara had previously "thrown her phone over the fence and reported she had been invited by the victim when actually she had not been."

Sources close to Clay tell TMZ ... the singer was shaken up by the incident ... but he's grateful to local law enforcement for responding so quickly.

The woman is due in court on April 24.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2.../#ixzz2PxzfO5Hz

Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

I agree aikim -- that's rather frightening...

What a scary situation for Clay! Why do people have to do dumb stuff like that? Really...

gbmifan and jmh nice to see you both around. :) I know what you mean by not having a lot to say either, but I do have time on my hands... sigh.

I actually forgot that we're doing the favorite outfits thing *oops*. But I found in my personal online journal (that sounds contradictory doesn't it?) an entry I wrote back in 2008 of Clay's fashion disasters up to that time and I can still laugh at it. In it though I did post some of my favorite outfits he's had so I'm just pulling from there. The theme apparently I have is that I like him dressed up more than dressed down....

AMAs 2006 -- Love a man in a tux. Love a good looking man in a tux. Love a good looking man with sexy hair in a sexy tux. *g*

i77.jpg

Niel Sedaka tribute 2007 -- His suit was flawless as was his hair and his voice that night. Just GUH.

neil12.jpg

Spotted in Santa Monica, 2008 -- The buttoned up jacket makes him look so slim and the jeans give it a nice casual look... I specifically picked this version that's cropped because he's wearing some horrible sandals, but the look from the ankles up is drool worthy! Added bonus points for the sexy blond hair!

34telw8.jpg

My fashion disaster entry is public but I've never shared it before.. I know some may disagree with what I think is horrible clothing choices but if anyone's interested in seeing a large part of his fugly wardrobe en mass, just ask. :)

From Alison Lawrence's Facebook page (I got it via a friend on Facebook):

Master Class with Clay Aiken

Saturday, April 20, 2013

2:00pm until 4:30pm

The Singer’s Art Voice Studio and Theatre In The Park Present

A Master Class with Clay Aiken

Saturday, April 20, 2013 2pm

Theatre In The Park

107 Pullen Rd. Raleigh, NC 27607

Mr. Aiken will discuss his career, time in American Idol, touring, his Broadway experiences, do a Q&A and critique some performers.

Audience member : Tickets general admission $15 or w/student ID $10

For reservations: Please call Theatre In The Park Box Office (919) 831-6058 or go online to http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1717363

Performers: $75 ( Ages 13 – 27 )

There are only 12 places for performers. These will be filled on a first call basis.

Please call Theatre In The Park Office (919) 831-6936 and give them the following info:

Your name, age, title of song. An accompanist will be provided.

You may also bring a CD accompaniment - please NO VOCALS on the CD.

If you are interested in submitting a question for the Q&A, please email your name and question to thesingersart@att.net

For more information: Theatre In The Park: theatreinthepark.com or (919) 831-6936.

The Singer’s Art: thesingersart@att.net or (919) 250-9088.

26 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Kim

My fashion disaster entry is public but I've never shared it before.. I know some may disagree with what I think is horrible clothing choices but if anyone's interested in seeing a large part of his fugly wardrobe en mass, just ask. :)

Shortyjill, I love all of your choices!! I would love to see your fashion disaster journal!! Just like Clay, we kid because we love, and he really has had some doozies.

Interesting. Very interesting.

If it's that he sold his house...too bad it couldn't have happened before the stalker hit. *g*

*pops popcorn to watch for the inevitable speculations*

I can't imagine him giving us details about his house sale..I am thinking more likely Idol and we won't get the details until they are finalized.

Kim