# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

Oh wow! This'll teach me to be distracted with real life! (Thx a million, merrieeee!) Hell, I can't remember the last time I paid any attention to American Idol...what do y'all think Simon will say to Clay?

Hee! You really are out of it! Simon, to my knowledge is not on any more. It's Keith Urban, Nikki Minage, Mariah Carey and Randy Jackson.

But I'm sure Simon would say " with my eyes closed you sound like you are on Broadway!"

Huh. Clearly I have missed much (oh well). So is this "Fairy Tale" a song? Is Clay going to judge people? Hell, am I gonna have to look up something? And did I win the NCAA tournament?

KAndre, the tweet from the girl is probably regarding the Master Class Clay is "teaching" on Saturday in NC. He's not "judging" per se. Yes, that is a song, but I don't know it either (although I am familiar with Sara Barellis).

And no, you didn't win the NCAA tourney....I think PerusingOne did!

:GM_FCA:

Tonight is the night! :yahoo:

18 Days until Clay is on stage in NC! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Tweet from Michael Orland in the night:

I promised the fans a new pic of us tomorrow but how about a little flashback pic first? Here goes.... pic.twitter.com/HqsS0XmQqF

How sweet is that pic? Looking foward to the new on today!

BIHZPC8CYAAg0zs_zps8a6b817f.jpg

Way too cute. Way too young! Hee.

And yes, the new one today should be fun.

I'm at a different campus today in the morning, and then have a webinar in the early afternoon. And then -- off for the week! Today is my 15th wedding anniversary, and hubby and I are going out for dinner and jazz. Yes, I'll miss Clay live, but sometimes, that is a good thing. Hee.

Oh, and if anyone has an ark lying around, please send it our way. 5 inches of rain overnight in many parts of our area, and many flooded basements. Ours is OK, thank goodness. Plus, flash flooding is causing schools to close! aikim, how is it by you?

While we are waiting, more photos of favorite outfits that didn't make the my final cut. This set has a theme I am sure you will recognize. He wore purple so beautifully on the Apprentice; he wore a lot of beautiful clothes on the Apprentice, period. (The hair, another story.) But I couldn't choose from among them one single particular favorite, so, Apprentice Runnerups:

406141263.jpg

406141261.jpg

406141260.jpg

406108367.jpg

406108365.jpg

But this one below is, I think, my favorite Apprentice outfit (but not in my top 3):

406141262.jpg

waves to all the nervous nellies

Eh, was the opening supposed to be this boring? Why were there all the random male backup singing dancers? It was Donna frickin' Summer! I'm getting the feeling I have missed a lot on Idol in the last 6 years...

Who is old grumpy critical dude "Jimmy"?

OK, I'm happy now - he was so relaxed (although I missed the choir) and it was funny how quickly they seem to have gotten rid of Paula (and what was she wearing?). A lot fewer commercials than I remembered...

I'm back from dinner, but have yet to watch. I did find this picture on Facebook though...

521942_403983329700542_1881144369_n_zpsf2c216ed.jpg

Can't wait to watch later, it sounds like he knocked it out of the park...again.

Oh, and I love you guys....

This is VERY nice...

popcrush.com

Clay Aiken Revisits "Bridge Over Troubled Water" on "American Idol"

CLAY AIKEN REVISITS ‘BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER’ ON ‘AMERICAN IDOL’

by Amy Sciarretto April 18, 2013 9:36 PM

Clay Aiken, one of the most beloved alums in ‘American Idol‘ history, came home tonight (April 18). The singer, who didn’t win Season 2, losing by a tiny (124,000 votes, actually) margin to Ruben Studdard, returned to the show’s stage to perform his rendition of ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water.’ He performed it when he competed and it still has that Clay touch.

Flanked by backup singers and piano players, Aiken cut a dashing figure in a dress slacks, tie and cardigan, but it was that unmistakable voice reminded us why we’re still interested in him a decade after his big loss. When he hit that impressive vocal run at the end of the song, he earned a standing O from the judges, rightfully so.

Aiken’s early performance of the song has become iconic in ‘Idol’ lore, and he did himself and the show proud tonight.