# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

Happy birthday gbmifan!

Good news for my son's finger, we visited with the surgeon this morning and no surgery is necessary. Just some physical therapy and taping fingers together, and he should be able to start playing baseball again (in a limited capacity) in 3 weeks. :clap:

• Like 2

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. Not doing much today, going to what is called a Taste of Grand Blanc tonight. About 30 different restraunts with samples. It only cost us $30 so I told my hubby he got off cheap tonight. Food is usually good.

Via walkiki at the CH:

The Ogunquit Playhouse has a section devoted to each of their shows. They've recently filled in more of the details for Dreamcoat. This is the bio for Clay that they've posted to the Who's Who -
CLAY AIKEN (Joseph) Since coming to national attention on the second season of "American Idol" in 2003, Clay Aiken has evolved into a versatile and beloved popular entertainer. He has released five well-received albums, selling over 6 million units as of 2011. In October 2003, he launched his first solo album Measure of a Man. The record sold 3 million copies and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. With 613,000 copies sold in the first week, it was the highest selling first album for a solo artist in ten years, going double-platinum and netting Aiken an American Music Award. In 2004, Aiken released Merry Christmas with Love, the fastest selling Christmas album in Nielsen Soundscan history. He followed that success with A Thousand Different Ways (2006), All is Well (2006), and On My Way Here (2008). His 5th Studio album, Tried and True, was released in 2010, receiving positive reviews from critics across the board. Notably, Aiken earned the distinction of being only the eighth artist to ever have his first four albums debut in the Billboard Top 5. Aiken also penned a best-selling memoir in 2004. Readers and critics alike embraced his style and his message in Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life. The book was an instant New York Times bestseller, holding the prestigious spot for seven weeks. In addition to taking the stage on nine separate tours, in 2008 Clay Aiken began his critically lauded stint as the inept yet endearing Sir Robin in the Broadway musical Monty Python’s Spamalot. Variety reported that his January 2008 debut benefited the show with a huge uptick in sales. Clay proved to be a tour de force that prompted director Mike Nichols to label Aiken “an excellent comic actor and a master of character.” Throughout his career Aiken has continuously been a supportive activist on behalf of children. As he has often explained, “My music career has allowed me to do the same thing I was doing before – work with kids. It has just given me a bigger stage, so I can enact change on a grander scale.” Clay has been an ambassador for UNICEF since 2004, the same year he started the National Inclusion Project with co-founder Diane Bubel. National Inclusion Project supports the integration of children with disabilities into the same environments as their non-disabled peers. In 2012, Aiken was runner-up to Arsenio Hall on the 5th season of NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice to raise funds and awareness for the National Inclusion Project. Beating the likes of Debbie Gibson, Aubrey O’Day and Lisa Lampanelli, he became an audience favorite, and raised over $350,000 for National Inclusion Project. He has toured nine times, written a New York Times best-selling memoir, sold more than six million albums, produced and hosted television programs, starred on Broadway, and devoted considerable energy and resources to improving the lives of children all over the world.

Bios for the rest of the cast also have been posted. On the whole, it's a very experienced professional group with extensive musical theater credits.

Clay also is mentioned in the About section -

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor® Dreamcoat expanded in the public eye when pop idol David Cassidy took over the role of Joseph in the Broadway and National Tour productions in 1983 and 1984. When fellow teen-idol Donny Osmond was cast as Joseph in the 1992 Toronto production, the show once again became a household topic and its popularity led to a successful six-year North American tour and 1999 film directed by David Mallet that also starred Osmond in the lead role. The show was revived on Broadway, playing at the Minskoff Theatre from November 10, 1993 to May 29, 1994 for 231 performances. Following the tradition of American pop stars in the lead role, multi-platinum recording artist, American Idol and Broadway star Clay Aiken will perform in the Ogunquit production in the dazzling coat worn by Donny Osmond during the international tour.

When I first saw it, I went...whoa.

Then I remember my same reaction to this picture:

Ret_SpamalotClay173.jpg

It was also pretty much...whoa.

In both instances, it took me about 10 minutes to like the pictures. It's for a role, and I think he'll be great in it. (I've also seen pictures of others as Joseph as well; the "look" is very similar, no matter who is playing the role...)

I'm finally starting to feel myself again. Just as well, as we've got three weeks before school starts again! AAAAAAGH!

:bdayparty2:HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANDRE!

What a great interview! Contrary to the title of the article, in some ways he is "just a regular Joe," in that he is very unassuming and real. I love that the rest of the cast gave him that deputy status with the union. OTOH, I also love that his "star power" was able to draw in another well-respected cast person.

I sooooooooooooooo wish I could go as well; shorty I too am praying for clack.

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't made it back since I wandered in and made a nuisance of myself, but I'm on the road (heading to Maine tomorrow night) and haven't been keeping up much. Then I checked in today and saw.....**drum roll**....the marquee of Joseph of Technicolor. And I said to myself, "Self, we are very happy about this role and his rapport with castmasts and the prestige of this theatre and the complimentary remarks from the director and everything like that but...but...but.... WHAT the HELL is that on the boy's head??!!?" :huh-bwah:

But Self replied, "just roll with it, Karma, just roll with it." So I am. :wub:

• Like 1

Ha ha, have a great time Karma! So happy you can be there! Well, I survived the weekend in Collingwood....that makes 3 weekends in a month, I'm about done now. So glad my mom sold the place and we are finished. I saw the Elvis festival while there, and discovered a cool new singer/songwriter named Darren Evorglens. He does a variety of material, but bumped up his Elvis content to compete. He will not impersonate (i.e. look the part) so he has no hope of ever winning, but it's gaining him a lot of fans. His voice is quite unique. Google him and check him out! 3 more weeks until I head to Maine.

• Like 1