# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

I watched it because my mom wanted to. But it just seems so stale and corny like Leno and Letterman for that matter. I haven't really liked a traditional talk show since George Lopez. I used to love his show.

I just cooked my first meal since Memorial Day. Can't wait for lunch tomorrow! I actually steamed some green beans. That was a first LOL.

Hey my lovely FCAers! Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was one of the best I have had for a few years, caught up with a couple of girlfriends and dinner out with my sister, her dh and two boys.

I have been mia from the board a fair bit lately - rl has been busier than usual and I'm trying to not let my sleep suffer so much. I have a twitch in my left eye that just wont go away and I am told its from tiredness so i am trying to remedy that and stop winking suggestively at strangers!

Time to catch up a bit!

:BlowKiss:

Glad you had a great birthday ausdon!

I'm guessing I should stay away from most other boards today? I mean, I really don't have much of an interest in Arsenio's show, but I really don't want to read page after page about how bad it was. Personally, I think talk shows take a while to "get their rhythm." He's going to be trying things for the next month, just to see what flies. Besides, I'm not his demographic anyway...but I do wonder how well he'll do in the urban markets.

couchie, I personally love Craig Ferguson's show. He does his monologue pretty much "off the cuff," which either fails miserably or is totally brilliant. (It tends toward the latter, IMO).

I'm not a late night show kind of person....I only watch them if someone I like is a guest. I have no ill will towards Arsenio (unlike a lot of people) so I wish him all the best. And when Clay is on, I will watch. :)

That tweet of his legs & feet really cracked me up!

Couchie, congratulations on getting to the point where you can cook meals again! Enjoy! Ausdon, belated happy birthday! Nice to see you back.

Being really blunt, I had/have no interest in watching it... just tell me when Clay will be on!

I only watch 2 talk shows..Craig Ferguson, for the reasons ldyj mentioned above, and Graham Norton because things can get kinda crazy and it's so fun to watch!

That photo is soooooooo sweet! Awwwwwwww.

Chiming in, I don't watch any late night talk shows, so I'm exempt, but CApp was like a millions years ago to me.

I'm late I'm late, but Happy Birthday shortyjill!!

:bdayparty2: :bdayparty2:

Err not me!

@clayaiken: Hey... Can anyone guess what the highest rated late night talk show was last night of all the late night shows? Yep @arseniohall #winning

I sometimes (just SOMETIMES) think Clay likes to throw "fuel on the fire," because I'm pretty sure he knows how some in this fandom feel about Arsenio. For him to post this, to them, just stings again. Me? I'm like "he's his friend, he can do what he wants. Both Clay and Arsenio."

but CApp was like a millions years ago to me.

Yeppers.

He's such a cool boyfriend. Loyal too.

Arsenio tweeted overnight:

Arsenio Hall @ArsenioHall

Hey @clayaiken, come sit in with DiMaggio, and my Posse?! The entire night.

The Posse is his house band, led by DiMaggio. Hmmmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

I look forward to Clay's appearance on Arsenio's show. And it's probably just me, but it grates on my last nerve every time I read Arsenio shortened to "Arse". Ok, I understand why some people don't like the man, but Clay considers him a friend. I feel like calling him derogatory names is disrespecting Clay. However, I know I'm definitely in the minority on this one....

I look forward to Clay's appearance on Arsenio's show. And it's probably just me, but it grates on my last nerve every time I read Arsenio shortened to "Arse". Ok, I understand why some people don't like the man, but Clay considers him a friend. I feel like calling him derogatory names is disrespecting Clay. However, I know I'm definitely in the minority on this one....

*Joins luckiest in the minority car*

Hey it only took 6 years to stop hating Ruben and Celeb Apprentice was not that important in comparison so I'll put a dollar in the pool and say, give it two years.

Wish me luck. Tomorrow my mom tries the adult day care program. Hope she likes it.

Downloading now!! So happy I'll have a chance to see this.

• Like 1