# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was a good day, even if I did have to work!

Interesting. I had a tweet from Clay show up on my phone this morning, but it's not on any of my Twitter feeds! Seems Clay tried to do some tech work yesterday...hee.

Not sure that iOS 7 was worth the 2.5 hours it took to download on my phone #crappyinternet

The speculations are that he's moving to NYC, because he mentioned that he could fit 7 NYC apartments into his old house. However, I'm just taking that as speculation at this point.

You know, whenever he gives us "clues" like this, there are several things that happen. 1) Speculations run wild, and people get mad/hurt/sad/angry. 2) Clay frequently throws us a total curve ball, unlike anything speculated.

I love that about him.

I just had a thunk. While I'm not normally a speculator...here goes...

GLSEN seems to be an organization that is near and dear to his heart. They have "media people" that go on talk shows all the time to discuss gay/lesbian issues. At one point in time, Chaz Bono (and what is his name now?) was their major spokesperson. I wonder if this would be a career that Clay could get behind? While he wouldn't be singing, we would still get to see him every so often. And I think GLSEN's message is a passion of his.

Of course, I could be talking out of my butt.

Are you calling my butt cute merrieeeee? I do not think that is what you mean...

As I said, who really knows? I just happened to think that GLSEN is something that is near and dear to his heart, especially when it comes to bullying.

I don't like the idea of him not singing, but I'd really be bummed if he stopped PERFORMING in some way.

I haven't downloaded iOS 7 yet. I wanted to wait a few days, and even then, I'm only going to do it for my iPhone (bought earlier this year). My iPod would take it, but I've read that it's not a good idea. And my iPad is SOOOO old, it wouldn't update to iOS 6! (Hoping to get a new iPad by the end of the year...)

Someone needs a fact checker!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Neil-Sedaka-to-Play-Ridgefield-Playhouse-1019-20130919

wrote them and helped create careers for other famous artists with the hit songs he wrote for them including "Love Will Keep Us Together" for Captain & Tennille and "Sol,itaire" for Clay Aiken.

Read more about Neil Sedaka to Play Ridgefield Playhouse, 10/19 - BWWMusicWorld by www.broadwayworld.com

Jumping in just on the iOS 7 discussion, cause I'm still staying far away from the speculation gerbil wheel.... I REALLY like it. Most everyone I've talked to yesterday and today say they hate it! I don't get why... yes the interface has had a HUGE and drastic change but I like how clean everything looks now. I also heard it described as "bright" and it is that too. The new look of the system doesn't bother me, I am just totally in love with all the features!! I thought I found all the new stuff yesterday but tonight on the news gave away a couple other things I hadn't discovered yet, like you can finally see all the times on your texts by swiping to the left. Another one of the features, and I don't know if anyone has gotten to see it in action yet, SUPPOSEDLY if you are male, Siri will talk in a male voice, if you're female Siri didn't change. You can go into your settings and pick which one you want though (I've seen it but haven't changed it). I tested Siri yesterday and I got the original female voice but when a male radio host tested it this morning he got the male voice.

I'm really in love with the new lock screen... I can access both the notification center and the new control center and now I can use larger photos too! I have a really artistic crop on my new lock screen photo now. LOL

That is weird, merrieeee, I never heard that there already was a male voiced Siri! lol

I just found out another tip, if you want the bold type back, you can get it by going to settings > general > accessibility and when you scroll it'll give you an option to turn on bold font. It does ask you to restart your phone though. I don't feel like trying it out right now to see what it's like but some other time maybe I will, I'm kinda curious.

I'm really looking forward to whatever it is that Clay is planning on doing. When we lived in NYC, we loved going to off Broadway plays. If that's in his future I'm really excited. I'm hoping we'll get a few hints at the Gala. But with a husband having a lot of physical problems and a diabetic cat, travel will be getting more difficult.

MAJOR worry! Many of us read "something in the works," and many of us are reading "he's leaving entertainment." It could go either way in my book, but as long as he's happy, I'm good.

But that "it could go either way" is also pissing a lot of people off. They want him to explain himself right now regarding what is going to happen. The uncertainty is driving many insane.

We've been through periods like this before, even times with hints as Clay gave us. We've always survived, as has Clay. But then, I'm a "glass half full, but it will be OK if someone knocks the glass over" kind of gal.

I'm off for an all day meeting today, although I will have my phone. This means, of course, that something big will probably happen. It IS Friday, after all.

ETA: I just happened to notice three of the siggie files here at FCA. The first one is mine; the next from Fear; and the third from merrieeee. I think they somewhat show why I love this board.

""American Idol" put a microphone into my hand so that I could sing, but I've really always felt I could use that same microphone to talk about things that are important to me and to the world." -- Clay AIken, appearing on American Idol in 2013
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
In great affairs men show themselves as they wish to be seen; in small things they show themselves as they are.

And when the fandom goes insane like it currently is, I busy myself with other things until it calms down again. Otherwise I would have run away screaming years ago!

So many of you know my daughter (aka crimsonice), who has been on almost every single Clay trip with me....I think I may have seen 3 or 4 concerts (out of 50+) without her....well, she's taking off for England in a couple of weeks. She has a 2 year visa, and plans to use Leicester as a hub to travel to other European destinations. She quit her job, she sold her car, and she's selling (or storing) all her stuff. It's really happening. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage without her, but I'm thrilled for her to have this opportunity! I'm already planning a trip to England next year for a visit.

More times than not when Clay is ambiguous in his plans and all the joy in the fandom turns to angst, my personal experience is once the final plans are out in the open and once he's acting on said plans, everything is cool. I've learned a lot being a fan of Clay over the years, and worrying is just one thing I can't do (and don't have the time for anymore...). Waiting though, that's definitely one thing I've learned how to do. So I'll just sit and wait and once we know what he's doing, everything will be cool again.

luckiest what an amazing opportunity for your daughter!! I'm going to be straight up honest and say that I am extremely jealous! (I'm dying for a London and Cardiff trip right now LOL) Good luck to both of you, her on all her adventures and you for surviving a while without her! :)

Is there room in her suitcase for me?

My dad was from Liverpool and I just love the place. When he died we threw his ashes off of a "Ferry across the Mersey". It was really moving. The captain stopped the ship and had a little service at the stern of the boat and then they threw in the ashes followed by a wreath!