# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

I hope crimsonice has a fantastic time. It's always a conundrum: When you are young you have the time but lack the money when you are older you have the money but lack the time. I know you will miss her luckiest.

It's sad to me that some fans try to convince others that they are right. It's so much easier for ones mental health to make up your own mind and stick to it. JMO

And its not getting any better. Why is it that some feel they have to post and re-post their point of view? Its not going to change my mind! You might be an authority in your field but not on the mind if one Clay Aiken!

Folks he is not going anywhere!!!! I got that from my hairdresser's, cousin's father who knows the landscaper who cuts the grass three streets over from Clay and they know the guy from UPS who delivers packages to the house next door! So there!

Via Twitter. Looks as if Clay is visiting someone in Chicago. Wonder who?

Erick Neu

Oh my god, Clay Aiken is two feet away from me!!! And Jennifer Hill Neu is the biggest Claymate.

about an hour ago near Chicago, IL ·

Ok I'm done. I've said my piece, but the panic is so widespread that I feel like I'm just speaking to myself. I'm going to stay here for the next little while. Please bring over anything pertinent, those who venture out! :fncomputer:

That is what I feel like doing. I think the negativity just breeds more negativity, and I also am tired of the same people stating over and over their opinion. I refuse to believe he is gone until he comes out and says it. I am not going anywhere and will continue to support him. I am hoping for Broadway and I will figure how to get there. If he leaves us I will be thankfull for all the great times I have had and the people I have met. This has been a great 10 year ride and I am hoping for more!

Via Twitter. Looks as if Clay is visiting someone in Chicago. Wonder who?

Erick Neu

Oh my god, Clay Aiken is two feet away from me!!! And Jennifer Hill Neu is the biggest Claymate.

about an hour ago near Chicago, IL ·

I bet whoever it is he's cute!

And has dimples!

And maybe his first name starts with a Z? *g*

Jamar! BWAH! I tried to "like" your post but it wouldn't let me. Stick around.

Call me a bad fan or whatever, but I never venture to places where you need wading boots anymore when it is like this. I did my time, tried too hard for too long. If there's any news, someone will bring it here. We're always here for these times. Meanwhile, as ldyj said so well, we've been here and done that so many times before.

Playbiller made a fantastic post at the CH. I think I'll bring my favorite part over.

I don't worry about Clay' date=' I worry about Clay fans. Clay is young and talented. He will survive.[/quote']

I don't worry about Clay, and I don't worry about not seeing him. I dunno why, but I'm glad I don't. I thought for a long time it was because he lives fairly near to me, not that I've ever run into him, but then I rarely think to look for him. Now that he's moving, I still don't worry. He'll be in the public eye in some way for life, because he's got "it." I may not see him perform live every year--gasp--but he will always, always sing. Someone with a voice like that will always sing. That doesn't mean we can or ought to expect a new album every year or two for the next 40 years. Not even Frank Sinatra did that. Sheesh.

Ok I'm done. I've said my piece, but the panic is so widespread that I feel like I'm just speaking to myself. I'm going to stay here for the next little while. Please bring over anything pertinent, those who venture out! :fncomputer:

I'm trying my best to be that person who ventures out. However -- let's just put it this way -- thank goodness for FaceTime and Skype, as I've had to use that technology to vent in the past few weeks. That emoticon is soooooooo the way I've felt.

Folks he is not going anywhere!!!! I got that from my hairdresser's, cousin's father who knows the landscaper who cuts the grass three streets over from Clay and they know the guy from UPS who delivers packages to the house next door! So there!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! And also to jamar's post too!

That is what I feel like doing. I think the negativity just breeds more negativity, and I also am tired of the same people stating over and over their opinion. I refuse to believe he is gone until he comes out and says it. I am not going anywhere and will continue to support him. I am hoping for Broadway and I will figure how to get there. If he leaves us I will be thankfull for all the great times I have had and the people I have met. This has been a great 10 year ride and I am hoping for more!

Negativity breeds negativity. What a concept. I very much agree with that, and your entire post. If he "leaves" (and I put that in quotes, more on that in a minute), I've gained so much from being a fan of his. I've learned about technology (how to navigate message boards, make DVD's, download clips, etc.). I've learned about Inclusion and situations far away in the world that UNICEF covers. I've made friends from across the world that I hope I will stay in touch. I can't be sad about any of that. (Oh, and the clack! Can't forget about the wealth of clack we have!)

You did like it, or at least it showed up for me...

Call me a bad fan or whatever, but I never venture to places where you need wading boots anymore when it is like this. I did my time, tried too hard for too long. If there's any news, someone will bring it here. We're always here for these times. Meanwhile, as ldyj said so well, we've been here and done that so many times before.

Playbiller made a fantastic post at the CH. I think I'll bring my favorite part over.

I don't worry about Clay' date=' I worry about Clay fans. Clay is young and talented. He will survive.[/quote']

I don't worry about Clay, and I don't worry about not seeing him. I dunno why, but I'm glad I don't. I thought for a long time it was because he lives fairly near to me, not that I've ever run into him, but then I rarely think to look for him. Now that he's moving, I still don't worry. He'll be in the public eye in some way for life, because he's got "it." I may not see him perform live every year--gasp--but he will always, always sing. Someone with a voice like that will always sing. That doesn't mean we can or ought to expect a new album every year or two for the next 40 years. Not even Frank Sinatra did that. Sheesh.

jmh is a wise woman.

I'm not sure what the future holds for Clay, and honestly, it's not for me to decide -- it's up to Clay. I think as much as the uncertainty is killing some...well, life is like that. None of us know what the next day will bring for us, even if we keep our calendars up to date! Things can change in a blink of an eye. Therefore, I cannot worry about what's going to happen, I just put my faith in a higher power (in my case, God). If I didn't, I'd go bat-shit crazy!

I too believe he'll never give up singing. Having said that, it might not be for US all the time. It may be for private, fundraising concerts. Nothing can stop the voice, but also...nothing can stop the man.

If nothing else, I believe he'll continue holding the Gala every year, and he'll sing at that. For those who aren't happy about that -- I full believe in facing your fears. (I remember a long time ago how many fans said they had never gone on a plane, and never stayed in a hotel by themselves...until the AI tour in 2003.) Travel can be done. Money can be saved. (I'm working on that one myself right now...)

And finally...the choice is yours. I will not begrudge anyone who chooses not to see Clay; I also will not begrudge those who spent the money to get the piano and concert. Live your life as you see fit.

Clay -- you too. Live your life as you see fit.

• Like 2

Hello FCA! Gosh, I haven't been here in so long. Just wanted to stop by for a moment and say hi.

Clay is like a box of chocolates...you never know what your gonna get. Wherever his path leads, I just want him to be happy. It is what it is. I'm actually feeling quite zen about things...at least for today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring lol!

• Like 1

It looks like the decor has changed a bit, or maybe it's just been so long since I've been here I've forgotten.

I meant to say in my post above that it's been quite a roller coaster of emotions this week. I know that for me, I've experienced a few tears and upset at the prospect of Clay not performing anymore. But today, I'm feeling more at peace.

Carry on...just dropping my two cents off. :)

Well I didn't win the piano! Oh wait I didn't even bid.......silly me! It must have slipped my mind!

Hee - I never win the lottery for the same reason.

I'm trying my best to be that person who ventures out. However -- let's just put it this way -- thank goodness for FaceTime and Skype, as I've had to use that technology to vent in the past few weeks. That emoticon is soooooooo the way I've felt.

It is much appreciated. But if it gets to be too much, please take a break!

You did like it, or at least it showed up for me...

You are right, it does show up, but when I click the button I get an error message saying there was an error registering my "reputation vote." I'll check into that one of these days.....

Lovely, lovely post ldyj!!!

Live your life as you see fit.

I wonder if the people worry about Clay are just worry warts about everything. I read the blog and I just have no idea what's coming so can't worry about it in advance. It didn't sound like he was giving up anything to me but what do I know. If he was giving up performing why would anyone need to travel. Maybe I'm mixing things up but just can't get all riled up about things.

I went to a jazz fest yesterday and got to hear Jeffrey Osborne for the first time live although he's been a favorite of mine since I was a teen. The man can still sing. His voice was as strong as ever. People who can sing better than the records are a rare gift. The man hasn't had a major hit since 1990 but he's still out there and touring and having people dance in the aisles or on the rocks! I knew almost every song he did and related to Clay of course he sang the classic On the Wings of Love. Great voices will always find an audience.

• Like 1

"reputation vote."

No wonder, I have not had a reputation since High School.

:twinklewhore:

This is the only place I even read anymore and I do so to follow along with Clays career. My life took an interesting and unexpected turn a couple of years ago (for the better) and I no longer have the inclination to participate in the intenseness of this fandom. I am pretty sure I would have gotten to this place anyway eventually. There are just too many other things to do with my life that actually make me happy.

Present company excluded of course. I like what we created here and how we became that island in the stream. I will always appreciate the time and effort of those involved in that. :openflower3:

It's nice to see some familiar faces around here. I've missed you all... *waves to jamar and Tijala*

"The intenseness of this fandom." jamar, that's a mouthful. It's also very true, IMO. Heck, I think of myself as an fairly intense fan, as I check the boards all the time. And yet, I think I've read the blog 4 times in a week. I just cannot see the need to parse his every word and phrase to figure out meaning to it.

Yes, I do think some are just in general worriers. That's part of being a diverse fandom, and something I have to tell myself all the time.

I sincerely hope that Clay takes his time to do whatever his heart tells him is right. Again -- his choice when to tell us.