# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

We aren't leaving until 1 PM Friday. It takes about an hour and a half to get there and check in time is 3PM. Should be nice cool weather 72 or so. Haven't packed and don't know what I'll wear. At least I'm washing clothes today.

Luckiest, don't know what's going on in Charlotte this weekend. Mint museum is well known, lots of really good restaurants and expensive shopping areas. Carowinds,amusement park, is not too far from the city. I do know NASCAR track is just outside Charlotte and this coming weekend is a big event.

I'm in waiting mode... I had a job interview on Sunday and if I'm hired I'm supposed to get a call today, so I'm anxious for that. I have a concert I can't wait for tomorrow night, one of my most favorite bands ever and I have M&G passes!! :) Friday will be a chill day so I guess I'll be around the boards wondering what's up at the gala and Saturday I have an uncle's wedding!

To all those headed out to the gala, safe travels and have a great time!!

Good luck with the job shortyjill!

Speculation is now that Clay is in NYC. Interesting, as the Gala is in just over 48 hours...

From CV:

Couple of Clay mentions on FB:
Adam Lindstaedt

Just saw Clay Aiken. LZ peeps: he looks like a fancy Josh Schelander.

Like · · Share · 44 minutes ago near New York, NY

Craig Beck

I don't why I found the phrase "You're standing in for Clay Aiken today" so funny but couldn't help but laugh for some reason.

okay curiousier

but...if Clay was at the airport in NY does he have time to be on a set??

Q Latrice ‏@4evaQ 5m On set with Ashanti, Clay Aiken, and Taylor Hocks from American idol... :)

okayy earlier she tweeted this

Q Latrice ‏@4evaQ 4h Mawnin beautiful people. Headed to the set of L&O SVU....hope you all have a safe an productive… http://instagram.com/p/fQDZT6h-OK/

and Taylor Hicks tweeted this yesterday
Taylor Hicks ‏@taylorhicks 21h In #new york for some cool stuff.....details to come! #bigapple

More from FB:
Frank Bloom

Adam Lindstaedt saw Miley Cyrus and my celeb sighting for the week was Clay Aiken & Taylor Hicks - do those even count?! Adam is twerking in Times Sq right now

Clay on L&O... didn't see that coming! lol I've never watched it before but I guess I will be now!

So I got the job!! Yay! Seasonal sales at Kohl's but I'm hoping to impress enough to stay on after. I REALLY needed this! :)

• Like 1

From Twitter, Michael Orland (music director of AI):

@clayaiken how about a little #tbt of you and me @AmericanIdol season 2? pic.twitter.com/RZUILpeF2l

"#tbt" is "Throwback Thursday" in Twitterspeak.

BWOnK3NCUAAM1iU_zpse60072f7.jpg

And then, compare and contrast with this:

BWKsJdVCIAATEPA_zpsb742d05a.jpg

Handsome (in a cute way) then. Handsome (in a very sexy way) now.

Congrats on the new job Shortyjill! I love Kohls, even though we don't have one yet. We''re getting one soon though...the ground is broken. The first and only Kohl's I ever set foot in was Houston 10 years ago. Loved that store.

Will be interesting to see how much of a role Clay will play on Law and Order. I love that show.

Hope everyone that's in Charlotte is having a good time!

Yay! for Friday! Going to be on vacation next week..don't really have any plans but it will be nice to just sleep in and be lazy! I will be seeing all the grandbabies though..that is the best!

Kim

• Like 1

Well, no vacation for me, but speaking of grand babies I will be taking our 7 year old GD to register for skating lessons tomorrow. Can't wait! It sounds like a lot of fun. Free skating, exhibitions, etc. Then it's back home to clean the house...blech.