# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

1) Getting video tonight from Scarlett. Jerry Aiken OK'd it!

2) "Question. Mike is 23 now. Diane thanked Clay for working at NIP for 10 years. Mike walked his sister down the aisle. Clay cried like a baby."

Berkley asked a question about people with disabilities on tv. Clay said a long way to go.

Last quesion. Clay said the "National Inclusion Project" can accept volunteers for camps.

Auction starting. Ethel is helping.

Not sure I understand this -- dinner auction is with "Clay and his mother with 4 others. Anywhere in the country." Fear also said the auction is for 15 people at the dinner. I'm confuzzled...

Went for $14000.00!

I asked for clarification from Fear regarding the storage thing. Here's what she wrote back:

"That's all he said. It was in reference to finding out what he was paying for storage. He was still paying for the NAT set."

Another: "He did say changed, not fired."

Measure of a Man

Yes, the worry was killing me. *Insert eye roll here*

Everything for tonight is now over. Start watching for real red reports!

Someone might have to take over for me -- merrieeee? I can stay up for a while yet, but will need some sleep soon!

We are refreshing for reports from the "bargain" Marriott a couple of blocks over from the official one. We arrived in Charlotte about 5 p.m. So basically 24 hours after leaving home, but of course we spent the night in Ohio. It was the weirdest border crossing ever - the guy didn't ask us one question, in fact he didn't even speak to us. He just checked our passports and said "have a nice day" as he sent us on our way. We kept looking in the rear view mirror for flashing lights! :P

We walked around the area, visited the official hotel for a few minutes, saw Fear and Karen Eh in the lobby, and had a great dinner at Vapianos. Seriously amazing food, so fresh, so inexpensive, and a neat atmosphere. Met up with lots of other fans. Seems so weird to be here but to not be at the Clay event tonight, especially when he's singing. Sounds like he is doing MOAM for the 10 year anniversary. I wonder if he'll sing Touch tomorrow. Ha ha ha, wouldn't surprise me at this point. So glad that perhaps some fears were alleviated tonight. I didn't really have any but I know many others did.

He reiterated that he wasn't going anywhere!

From Corabeth at the CC:

That was in the context of the National Inclusion Project.

Diane said that he has carried them for ten years. And then they said we had done it. Everyone clapped. Then he said even if he leaves, we will still be here supporting the Foundation. He noted the applause was much smaller and then said he wasn't going anywhere.

He changed the set list to all MoaM songs, sung as ballads. The Way, RTM, ISY, MoaM and then Invisible as a ballad. Which confused me, given the intimate events, etc. he said they were only going to do Invisible as a joke bit he likes it and they are going to record it because the seven year contract on it is up.

He said he was just told last week that MoaM is ten years on Monday.. Again, I was confused. *g*

He brought Ethel on stage for the auction and she was actually hilarious.

He mentioned Law and Order. He said don't blink. H said he plays the corpse and then said its worse than that!

Hey, Kevin Costner got his start as the corpse in the Big Chill.

Clay was FUCKING GORGEOUS up close. I looked right at him and said, "Your hair is all curly." He said nothing. :biggrin: I could see stubble and he looked thin. He put his arm around me, I put mine around him and then Diane. I'll probably look like a grinning fool when I get my picture.

Haven't read what others have posted, but I thought Invisible really worked as a ballad. I was in the last row and I should have brought my binoculars. It's a bitch getting old and not being able to see.

Off to have some more fun. I'm hungry!!!