# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

I'm excited about what's to come! I've been busy with life lately, the figure skating season is upon us, my mom was here for the weekend and now work is getting busy. I check in every day to see if there is any news. I have yet to watch the Zap2it interview, but glad to hear it's great!

I don't have TIME to worry about Clay -- too much going on in my own life. It's the midst of research paper season, so lots of students are coming in, asking for help from the librarians. Or, instructors are asking me to come to their class to explain library resources. Therefore, I'm running around like crazy. Plus, the class I'm taking is kicking in big time.

I am looking forward to SVU as well, and then for whatever comes next. I truly am excited for him.

Alabama 'Idol' Taylor Hicks moves to the judges' table for episode of 'Law & Order: SVU'

The Clay mention:

"Because Clay and I come from the TV world, we know what it's like," Hicks said. "We also understand what a struggling artist goes through on a primetime network talent competition. Clay might be one of the hardest-working guys who's ever come off ('American Idol'). I admire his work ethic. He knows what it takes to stay relevant after that show. Ashanti was great, too. We all had a wonderful time."

:GM_FCA:

6 Days until Clay is on Law and Order :yahoo:

Sorry I haven't been around...been a little busy. We are starting a new security system at the Library..RFID and have been learning that and now we have the monumental task of tagging everything. Good thing is it will give us a chance to weed books as we go along.

I am also one that has been having a hard time with the fandom lately..not everyone but a certain faction..it is quite depressing at times.

Kim

• Like 1

What I want to know is if Clay is such a bad person why are people still posting on message boards about him? I would've moved on to someone who is a better singer, cares about his fans more, is better prepared, never late, always communicates etc. etc. etc.

I was just reading on another board and they are now tearing apart past performances. Had to get out of there.

It reminds me so much of whiney , spoiled children. I don't know how easy it is to get on some of these boards, but I swear some of these people are haters just there to "stir the turd." Deep down I think some of these haters still follow him behind closed doors and this is the only way they can rationalize those feelings in their own minds, by trying to turn others against him. How's that for a theory?...not that I've been thinking about it. LOL

And that's why I have been hanging out here. *blissfully unaware* Son is now having trouble securing a mortgage, after being told he was "pre-approved". Daughter is having trouble securing employment overseas. These are things I worry about. Clay will be fine without my worry.

I was just reading on another board and they are now tearing apart past performances. Had to get out of there.

It reminds me so much of whiney , spoiled children. I don't know how easy it is to get on some of these boards, but I swear some of these people are haters just there to "stir the turd." Deep down I think some of these haters still follow him behind closed doors and this is the only way they can rationalize those feelings in their own minds, by trying to turn others against him. How's that for a theory?...not that I've been thinking about it. LOL

Yes I am beginning to think some of Clay's fans really are 12..I am sorry but I am just beyond understanding some of this.

Kim

I really think Clay is sick of some of his more demanding fans. The whiners, the experts, and the regular fucking bitches; you know, the ones who passed "full of themselves" so long ago that they'd need a road map to find that place again. Good luck to 'em.

He may have been saying "goodbye" to some people he'd like to piss off enough they'll go away. Just a thought.

The whiners, the experts, and the regular fucking bitches; you know, the ones who passed "full of themselves" so long ago that they'd need a road map to find that place again. Good luck to 'em.

:clap:

Love it.....very well put. I'm sitting here, all by my lonesome, just grinning like a Cheshire cat. What a hoot. :cocktail:

The whiners, the experts, and the regular fucking bitches; you know, the ones who passed "full of themselves" so long ago that they'd need a road map to find that place again. Good luck to 'em.

:clap:

Love it.....very well put. I'm sitting here, all by my lonesome, just grinning like a Cheshire cat. What a hoot. :cocktail:

And we all know who those are, don't we?

Ok that made my mom's day. Clay with Shirley Caesar? That feels so random.

Anyway, my mom's oldest sister passed away and I'm putting her on a plane to DC in the morning. These are the things on my mind these days. She'll be gone until the 11th so I'll take the opportunity to start getting rid of stuf in advance of the move. It will be nice to do while she's away so she won't be taking everything out of the goodwill box.

Good luck with the move couchie. We got rid of half the things we owned and after five months we are in the process of buying it back again. :bangownhead:

We had a very quiet Halloween except for the scary noises from the pool down the road where they were having a Halloween party for the neighborhood kids. Being a cluster community within a bigger community we have no kids and therefore no trick or treaters at all. :cry4: I miss seeing the little kids in our old neighborhood.

I, once again, decided to skip Halloween. So I went out at 5:30 and came home at 8:15 and the only trick or treater I saw was in the grocery store with his mom. LOL. I left the dogs home with the curtains drawn, lights out, and loud music playing to mask the sound of kids outside. My son was in the basement and said 4 or 5 of them knocked and set the dogs off, but he didn't answer. I feel bad because I used to love seeing the little ones all dressed up, but it's just not worth the hassle anymore.

Couchie, I hear you about getting rid of stuff while your mom is away. I need to get rid of so much stuff from my basement, but my son won't hear of it, and if I start going through anything, he starts taking stuff back out. I have to do it when he is not home. Sorry to hear about your aunt.

I think there are some factions of the fandom that are just toxic these days. I avoid them. I have some close friends in the fandom, and I keep in touch with them privately. I'm engrossed in the skating season. This weekend is Cup of China (the third of 6 grand prix events). My kids keep me hopping. This morning my daughter was feeling pretty blue, so I was facetiming with her at 6:00 a.m. My son is shopping his mortgage around. My other son keeps me busy, driving him back and forth to work, and last night I took him to find some used clothes as he is dressing up like Johnny Cash for a party tonight. :P

5 Days until Clay is on Law and Order! :yahoo:

Nice picture..wonder if that was Clay's Birthday gift to Granny..sounds like something he would do especially if Granny were a fan and Shirley is from Durham.

Kim

4 Days until Clay is on Law and Order! :yahoo:

Sun is finally out after about 4 days of gloomy weather. Sienna's first birthday party today..a couple of weeks late but too much other family stuff going on..for my daughter..not me.

Off to wrap her gift and clean up the house..such a mess..be glad when this renovation is done.

Kim

Sunny but chilly here. I've been out all day today with shopping! Being the first of the month, I ended up at Costco, Target, Aldi's AND Kroger's. Forutnately, they are all within a 1/4 mile of each other.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!