# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Luckiest - I think we're on the same wave length. I'm never going to pay the money it takes to attend an exclusive up close and person thing with Clay. Sometimes I look back and wonder how I saw him so many times and it was because I used my vacation on him to see him several times and it made it all worth it. I was getting a lot of bang for my buck. So I have a lifetime of memories if things as we have known them are over.

Everybody ready for Xmas?

Hey couchie, so glad to hear you are virtually stress free now! Happy to hear it's all working out for you.

I'm trying to get as many things done this weekend as possible, so I am not stressing Christmas Day. I have 8 or 9 coming for dinner (including myself). I don't think I've ever been in the stores so much in one week. Every day I realize I've forgotten something. Today it's onions, carrots & paper towels. So far. LOL.

It's amazing to look back and think how many times I managed to get myself to a Clay event, as cheaply as possible (which sometimes wasn't very cheap). I am very lucky to have won that M&G during the Tried & True tour, through the fan club. I will never be the position to be able to pay the big bucks to attend exclusive events, or M&Gs. And honestly, even if I was, I'm not sure I'd ever be able to justify spending large amounts of money on them. There's always something more pressing to spend it on. My house is falling apart around me because it's been neglected all these years.

So what to do with all my holidays next year, if there aren't any Clay events to attend? LOL I've gone ten years planning my vacations around him. I've never taken a staycation before. Well, I've already got the first week planned, as I'm off to the Canadian Figure Skating Championships in Ottawa mid-January. That will be exciting, as they will announce the Olympic team based on the results. Can everyone please cross their fingers that my guy, Patrick Chan, doesn't retire after Olympics? I don't think I can take two of my obsessions leaving me within the span of a couple of months. :P

Is it just me who is completely addicted to watching the Arsenio performance? I think I watched it 4 or 5 times yesterday. It's still running around in my head, it's the first thing I hear when I gain consciousness in the morning. I've read that some people (gasp) disliked it! I think, for me, it's always been about the voice, first & foremost, and it's seriously like a drug, I go into withdrawal if I don't hear it. So that little hit just got me going again the other day. Now I want more. I may have to break out some clack later on today when I finally sit down again.

Is it just me who is completely addicted to watching the Arsenio performance? I think I watched it 4 or 5 times yesterday. It's still running around in my head, it's the first thing I hear when I gain consciousness in the morning. I've read that some people (gasp) disliked it! I think, for me, it's always been about the voice, first & foremost, and it's seriously like a drug, I go into withdrawal if I don't hear it. So that little hit just got me going again the other day. Now I want more. I may have to break out some clack later on today when I finally sit down again.

This is me. I have watched it many times. I loved his singing and I do not get those fans who are so critical and have made statements how he did not sound good. I for one would love one appearance where everything is not picked apart. I was looking forward to this and it did not disappoint me.

Going to wrap presents this am and watch one of my Christmas videos probably Kalamazoo. I watched St. Charles last week and loved it!

I couldn't afford any of the dinners or the piano concert asI only have a limited amount of funds to last the rest of my life. I just don't think Clay would do this for his own gain. He might do some concerts for the NIP. I'm still in my Pollyanna state and think he will again perform for the public, either in a musical or play. I was also thrilled with his Arsenio performance. His voice was so very soulful. I don't think Ive ever heard him sing that way. And above all his intelligence in answering the duck question was amazing.

My son and faux DIL as she likes to be called have been here since Friday morning. Today at 1 we are having 38 over for an open house. We are supposed to have severe thunder storms and high winds today. Right now it is just rainy.

Have a great day Im off to start preparing the food.

It's pretty much just hubby and I for the next few weeks. I'll see my brother and his family (including my nephew and his new fiance, plus my niece, her husband and daughters from Guatemala) on Christmas Day.

The weather turned kind of icky over night -- it was icy, but now just some snow. luckiest, how did you fare up in Canada?

I swear, I'm seriously out of step with many in this fandom. I've watched the interview portion of the Arsenio show more times than I care to admit! The song, not so much. It was good, but I'm so much more impressed with Clay's brain.

I posted a new topic here: http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=789

I have Clay stuff to give away so keep your eyes peeled there. Trying to follow the advice I keep giving my mom and not taking everything with me. Maybe you have a hole in your collection that you want to feel although I probably have some unique items. I just want everything to find a good home. No items posted yet...I'll give up a heads up here on main when I add things.

We got lucky and the ice storm pretty much missed us. However, Toronto is a nightmare, 250000 people without power, and my mom is one of them. They are saying they might not get the power on until Wednesday. I can't convince her to leave her house. We were ready to go and get her today, but she refuses. The highways are ok now, it's just the side streets that are icy. There are so many trees and power lines down, and the winds are high, so it's making it difficult for hydro crews to get things running again. There are two major hospitals without power as well. So far, they haven't declared it a state of emergency yet, but that could change tomorrow, depending on what happens tonight.

I think we will not give her a choice by tomorrow evening. She was supposed to be heading out here tomorrow anyways for Christmas, but there's a good inch of ice on her porch, her stairs, and her car. I think the kids are going to head in to get her. She is worried about leaving her cat without heat, and also worried that her pipes might freeze. I really hope that the power comes on by tomorrow so she doesn't give them a hard time.

Hi! Many of you might not remember me, but I know some will, and of course some I know well *waves at LadyJ and luckiest and Fear*

Couchie, your "Clay Memorabilia" post message brought me out of oblivion...when you get it together, I would likely love to take some of those things for the NIP if possible.

To keep it short and sweet:

1. Don't really think Clay is saying "goodbye"....or, at least, not forever...I'm in much the same car as Fear.

2. Not really celebrating Christmas this year....I have about 20 hrs off from my job total and we will likely go out for dinner someplace if the weather cooperates; we are doing no Christmas shopping this year as we are hoping to take a family vacation in February instead, somewhere warm. Costa Rica? Nicaragua? Keep your fingers crossed it actually happens. :goaround:

3. I am reaching the end of my rope at work and Christmas week better end fast before I go postal on someone. :bangownhead:

4. So good to peek in on everyone! Love the spirit here....

5. Thank God for Ogunquit!!

Merry Christmas, y'all!!

• Like 1

:hi: Hi Fromclaygary. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.Don't work too hard.

Couchie congrats on finding a new place.

Our open house was great. A few people called to say they were sick, but most came by. We have a ton of food left. Mostly cookies and cake. Yikes.

Yay! It's FromClaygary! She's a sweetie, ya'll! Glad to know you are doing well...

Fear, either give the cookies and cake away...or plan to go to the gym a lot!

Back to following couchie's posts for stuff she's giving away...oh, and watching the streaming "Home Free" concert (contestants on "The Sing-Off" this year, and they are really cool!).

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=789

I did post the first batch of stuff. It's the first post in the topic above. I merged the multiple topics I started. FCA burped!

It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 12 years. I'm being real good though and sending a lot of stuff to goodwill and throwing away the junk.

Hey FromClaygary. Hope you are well!! I feel you about Xmas. I have one day off and don't plan to do too much. With the move not even buying too many gifts. Just for the nephews and nieces.

I wouldn't mind some of the memorabilia (SP)

Couchie, I live Canada tho. What is the cost of some of these things.

Happy Christmas Eve! I have to work until noon, but I've already been through the grocery store this morning for some last minute stuff (to avoid the crowds later) and I heard Clay & Kim sing Silver Bells! :rainbowsmile: We managed to get my mom out of Toronto yesterday amidst the ice and power outages, and she is safe and warm now, and has a full belly. All she wanted after 36 hours in the cold and dark was coffee, cup after cup. I made her eat a plate of meatloaf and spaghetti too. :P

• Like 1

Hey! I literally just heard Clay and Kim with "Silver Bells" too!

I think I am fighting a cold today. Timing is everything, right? It is also bitter cold here today. Supposed to have an inch of snow overnight. Hopefully not kch more than that, as we drive 3 hours tomorrow to visit my brother for brunch.

Woke up this morning to hit the road for my brother's house...only to find the coffee maker died! Fortunately, we have a French Press, so we're still good to go to visit my brother!

Merry Christmas to all my friends here at FCA!

Had to split up our Christmas celebrations this year so it was different. Could not get the kids on the same page. My oldest and family were here on Christmas Eve mid day. We had a lunch then open presents with them,then my son drove his family to the airport to go to Florida to have Christmas with her parents. My son had to stay home and work. My DIL called later to say the two little ones ages 4 and 2 did great on the plane. She also commented you can fit three in the planes bathroom and it is necessary. Yesterday we went to my youngest sons house and we talked my oldest son to go with us. I told him he was not spending Christmas alone. It was great and their little one was having so much fun. My middle child is in Denver. He called last night after he got back from snowboarding. He had dinner at my nieces house who has relocated their with Southwest. I was glad he had somewhere to go. His girlfriend went home to Arizona but he had to work so could not go. Now we are both off work for the rest of the week. I think we are going skiing today.

Hopefully will hear from Clay after the new year. I miss him. Have been watching clack. Love my Christmas concerts.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I had 7 for dinner last night. Just family plus cindilu2, who is always invited to our family celebrations. There were a few rousing games of cards, Scrabble & Blokus (??) going on, and 4 dogs and 2 cats running about, but I was pretty much in the kitchen 24/7. No stress, just puttering and getting things done. My dishwasher is not working properly so I did about 50 loads of dishes trying to keep everything clean for the big meal. I was in bed before all the kids left last night, I was so exhausted. This morning we are invited over to my middle son's new house for brunch. My mom is staying here until her power in Toronto is restored. The last estimate we heard was Friday. So many thousands still without power there, it's insane. And it's freaking cold out too - it was -16C yesterday. I can't even imagine being without electricity and heat. Well, I'm also allergic to the cold, so I wouldn't last long. I'd be holed up in a hotel or something.