# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

I'm here! It's just that school starts next week (how did THAT happen?) and so there's lots of projects to clean up.

Happy birthday to my beloved husband. We share a love of music and so much more. He's also put with my Clay obsession for 10 years!

I'm around but busy setting up for tax season. Next week I have to start training our volunteers. I am so not a teacher. This is my ninth year. I wish someone would agree to take it over. Once we start doing returns I'll start enjoying it again.

Don't really know what to say about Clay. I look forward to reading about him if he does run. I hope we can discuss the issues here. I no longer feel comfortable discussing anything personal or even speculating about his life outside politics on a public board. I know its just me.

We are already seeing nasty ads about our senator running for re-election in 2014 at least twice for every show I see. It wont be millions spent to take over her seat, it'll be billions. Oh, to be so wealthy.

Fear, I feel the same way about posting much that is personal now! It is a fine line. Not that I think anything we write will affect him because let's face it in the scheme of things we are not that important but it causes me to pause before I hit post.

I somehow get the feeling that he has moved on and I will have to wait and see where this will go. I don't think that the proverbial "we" are even on his radar!

He always has been fun to follow because you never knew where he would lead you and this is certainly no exception!

I have no problem with discussing the issues as regards to Clay but if it doesn't include him and becomes generalised, then I cannot contribute and I'm not sure what I will do. As I posted before I hate politics in any shape or form and I will not apologise for that, so that puts me In a bit of a quandary. I guess I will play it by ear.

Back from the rink, so just checking in but it seems as though nothing is going on. I hate coming back to real life after 6 days away, and having to think about mundane things like bills and finding a plumber to come and fix my dishwasher. :P

I am also not a big fan of our current political climate, but its what we have now. However I agree our

Discussions should involve Clay related politics. My father ran for a county wide office and was a convention delegate, so to my family politics was always part of us. I think I can rein in my feelings. :thinking:

I think we're ALL going to be "playing it by ear" for a while here. It definitely does create a fine line to walk in regards to what we feel like posting. OTOH, most of the fan boards are pretty much small potatoes too.

Do I think that Clay has "moved on" from us? Somewhat. I mean, I'm sure we all hold a special place in his heart, but at the same time, he has a new focus now.

I'm still fascinated by what he's going to do and say in the future!

I'm not sure we "actually" know what Clay is doing right now. He could be at a crossroad and just trying to decide which direction to go at this point in his life, stick with entertainment or check out the political arena. The possibility of him running is not set in stone, as far as I can see. It's a leak from somewhere in the universe...who knows he may just have been making inquiries and checking out possibilities and the media got hold of it and ran .....and of course the fans read the media and away they go. Think I'll make the choice to wait until I hear something definite, my mind reading abilities are not as good as they used to be...and they never worked where Clay is concerned. LOL One thing I do know..."I'm not going anywhere" (and there is no hidden meaning in these words) :rainbowsmile:

That's a good point calurker! We do only have that "leak" and nothing has been officially declared. Fortunately, I'm pretty flexible with Clay, so whatever he decides, I'm there!

I do wish I had mind reading abilities on Clay though! Just because he's such a fascinating man. Honestly, I'd love to just have a 20 minute sit down with him, but that will probably never happen. Such is life.

What I don't get is that you know that this is secret/private information and you also know it will cause a lot of angst in an already fragile atmosphere yet you choose to post this information anyway! Why?

I just don't understand people sometimes....

I'm at meetings almost all day today. I'll have my phone and iPad, but connections could be spotty. Therefore, I'm hoping that this is a sign that something good will happen!

There was another private concert from Clay in December and certain fans are upset that no one who was there mentioned it on the boards. It's back to the haves and have not's. I was not invited and didn't hear about it until recently. Don't think I know anyone who was there. I'm thinking I probably wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on a concert. I have been buying the gold ticket for the Gala but at least it was in support of a charity an I haven't had to pay for airfare. I will miss hearing Clay if he no longer performs in concert. But it's his life and I am excited if he is doing something he has always wanted to do.