# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

I was just looking at our designations. I am a "babysitter" right now. Maybe we should add another one -- Campaign Manager!

I usually raed the first few comments, just to get a feel to what is being said. Then, I ignore. Noticed that the YouTube has comments disabled thoguh...heh.

I have a weird sense of humour:

A random tweet

@SharGF: Clay Aiken has announced that he will run for Congress, so with any luck, we'll soon be hearing an updated version of "I'm Just A Bill."

I have a weird sense of humour:

A random tweet

@SharGF: Clay Aiken has announced that he will run for Congress, so with any luck, we'll soon be hearing an updated version of "I'm Just A Bill."

LOVE this!

From CV

Brooke Baldwin ‏@BrookeBCNN 5m

JUST landed an interview with @ClayAiken! Haven't you heard? He's running for Congress... as of today. Tune in: 2:30pmET ON #CNN.

Details

He's also supposed to be on MSNBC tomorrow as well.

Sigh. I dropped cable a few months ago. Must rely on clack!

A few thoughts after watching the video again:

1) "Learning to Sing" will now be his official biography (even though it's really only a memoir). The first part of the video is almost word-for-word from the first few chapters in the book. Those who are interested in his political platform could easily pick up the book and get a good feel for what he's going to be about!

2) I really liked his focus on the military, very smart move and one I support too. I didn't put two and two together on this one -- but Brett had to have played into some of that as well.

I'm so incredibly proud of him. Just call him Jimmy Stewart!

luckiest, sadly I'm reading that it might be a problem for Canadians trying to get to the FB page!

I didn't believe I would be excited about this but I am!

Run Clay run!

Clay tweets

@clayaiken: I am humbled by your support. Sign up via http://t.co/LXdJCIzLPn to find out more about the journey ahead. #clayfornc

@clayaiken: The early support for our campaign has been amazing. Please consider making a contribution today https://t.co/JAbQ2Pao7S #clayfornc

This one is impressive:

Kevin Rogers @kevinjohnrogers

Kudos to @clayaiken for a great campaign kick off. I'm in DC w/ a bunch of NC politicos and we are all impressed. #NCPOL #clayfornc

Public and Policy Affairs Director for Action_NC. He is certainly getting noticed!

I gotta get some homework done! If I can read two articles, I'm good, right?

Woke up to the announcement in my e-mails. I am excited for him but still a little sad that I will not hear that voice again.

He sounded so sincere and knowlegeable on the video. Hey! Can I say he looked wonderfull.

WaPo

Why Clay Aiken is a long shot, in 3 stats

By Aaron Blake

February 5 at 11:14 am

Former "American Idol" star Clay Aiken (D) is officially running for Congress.

But if you think the "Idol" runner-up has a good shot at beating Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) and becoming the most talked-about freshman of the 114th Congress, consider these three stats:

1) Only three House Democrats represent districts that are redder than the one Aiken is seeking (it went just less than 58 percent for Mitt Romney).

2) Of those three Democrats -- two (Reps. Jim Matheson (D-Utah) and Mike McIntyre (D-N.C.) ) -- are retiring in 2014 after getting huge scares in 2012. The third, Rep. Nick Rahall (D-W.Va.), has been in Congress since the mid-1970s but still finds himself in a toss-up race, despite that seniority.

3) 88 House Republicans represent districts that are bluer than Ellmers's.

True, but a good place to start. No one could fault him if he doesn't win (not that some won't).