# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

At lunch a co-worker asked to see the video. She had seen it on her news feed but couldn't open it up on her iPhone. She is a dyed in the wool republican and has been totally unimpressed by him in the past. She watched the whole thing and at the end said "Wow, I'd vote for him!"

She thought it was very insightful and he really impressed her........a pity she doesn't live in NC!

Whew that was a wild ride for a while there! Thank goodness it has slowed down or I never would have accomplished anything today!

Well I broke down and contributed a little to his campaign........after all it still is Clay Aiken!

As one of his few fans on the other side I am happy to see that he is; so far; reaching out to all his voters. I have only had time to listen to one interview but I liked what I heard..I hope he follows through on what he says if he gets to Washington. He is looking very good and so far seems to be getting a lot of supportive tweets and comments although a couple of articles I have seen on yahoo the comments have been what I expected.

Now for a totally petty moment..I see the person who was and expert on running his career is now an expert on running his campaign..just makes me laugh at how predictable it all is.

Kim

Dee Snider has tweeted his support:

Just heard @clayaiken is running for office. I've spent quality time with the man and I can say, unequivocally, I would vote for him!

And:

@clayaiken is smart, fair, well thought out, creative and strong when he needs to be. Great guy, too. #vote4clay

He also retweeted a couple of Clay's tweets including his campaign video.

Very cool!

Yep -- new article! I've been posting a number of them in the News section. I didn't do all of them -- way too many. But I did do ones that I thought were notable. this one, from the freakin' New York Times, is definitely being added!

Tomorrow morning's low temp is -10, with even lower wind chills. I'm thinking we may have work, but not right away....

And so they fall!

@sdtilock: And I thought @clayaiken was only good at singing. Wow, this guy has many talents that would benefit this country tremendously!
@alcircharojr: @Lawrence @clayaiken @TheLastWord I can't ever remember that kind of eloquence for prog values! Great start, we need more just like him!
@Mickeleh: Had no idea that @clayaiken was so savvy about politics. And so smart about explaining his positions. Very impressive debut on @lawrence.

3 tweets and a retweet from Clay! No who is this really?

@clayaiken: In case you missed my appearance on @Lawrence last night, check it out here http://t.co/g345ZWOnQO #clayfornc #ncpol

@clayaiken: I also had a chance to speak with @BrookeBCNN http://t.co/fD1MrD9UEn #clayfornc #ncpol

@clayaiken: For more on my campaign for Congress follow @clayfornc - thank you for all of your support! #clayfornc #ncpol

Actually I received 6 alerts but 3 are duplicates because he has two sites now.

I had to hold my nose to watch Clay on Chuck Todd's show because, as anyone who reads my twitter feed knows, I despise Chuck Todd. He's everything that's wrong with political journalism, i.e., all about the ever-present "horse race" and opining about whatever poll just came out, and being a general jerk to people by trying to get a gotcha by any means necessary. In other words, a common lazy demonizer. I quit watching Meet The Press after a lifetime because of Chuck Todd and David Gregory who are more propagandists than journalists.

I guess you can see I don't like the man. Clay must have been a deep disappointment to him this morning. I think I know Chuck well enough to say that his motivation for this interview was to "expose" Clay Aiken and then smirk like the asshole he is. He was asking questions that I don't think he expected Clay to answer so clearly. Sorry Chuck!

I'll say this, I don't know ANY lockstep Democrats and I'm not sure any exist. I know Rush Limbaugh and Fox News paint a different picture, but Democrats are famously independent from the party. Obama has as much trouble with the Democrats in the House and Senate as he does with Republicans.

If you asked me to name a couple of things in which I differ significantly with President Obama, I would have to say the NSA and fast-track free trade deals too, just as Clay did. Which makes him MORE progressive than the President, at least in those two areas. Kill the damned Patriot Act already!