# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Hee my close personal friend sent me an email!

Friends,

I wanted to send you a quick note from the campaign trail. My morning started with educators in Fayetteville who inspired me with their energy and enthusiasm for public education. From Fayetteville we headed up to Harnett County for the annual "Groundhog Breakfast" where we were met by enthusiastic folks eager for change.

I am heading back to Cary now and my team tells me that we're getting close to our goal. Will you chip in $10 or $20 today to put us over the top?

I was struck by the optimism and energy of everyone that I met. They were far more optimistic about the future of our country than the folks in D.C. and the media seem to be. This morning proved to me that our people are far less divided than our politics suggest.

I look forward to seeing you on the trail.

Clay Aiken

PS - I hope that you will make this campaign OUR campaign. Sign up today!

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

I spent today with friends I haven't seen since high school. Man it was like we had seen each other yesterday. We were the sports girls. We played basketball and softball. We've vowed to do it again.

I'm also into the olympics Luckiest. Glad that I don't have to just watch on broadcast tv. I can pretty much watch just the events I want on On demand.

The moguls look painful and bad for the knees! Love the stories on pin trading. Reminds me of a fun time in the clay fandom.

I'm glad Clay's campaign has gotten off to a good start. That's the impression I get reading here. I'm in a weird place and curious to see how it all evolves for Clay message boards. I find myself listening to him a bit more lately but am not interested in political clack. Watching the news pisses me off so I don't do it like the new furor over executive orders as if it's something new. There have been over 15k executive orders given out by US presidents and I think less than 5 have been overturned/ overridden. Congress can't seem to do shit these days. Somebody has to.

I promise to start mailing off Clay stuff next week. I'll contact you if I need your address.

I remember someone reported Ben saying that he would be only indirectly involved in Clay's new path, so, is that Ben's music playing behind the Open Door campaign video?

There's the famous story of LBJ who was elected from conservative Democratic Texas for many years, and as such, had to play games with the white racist element. When Martin Luther King asked him why he pushed so hard for the civil rights and voting rights legislation in '64-'65 after being among the old Southern Conservative Democrats in the '50's, he said, "Free at last, Free at last." Politicians must cater to their constituents to some extent while educating and attempting to bring them along at the same time.

I was greatly attached to one of my congressmen back in 2000 and not because of how he voted. It was because of constituent services and how this representative singlehandedly used his muscle to get my sons returned home from (1) a Naval air station in Sicily and (2) a ship in the Persian Gulf, for the funeral of their father after he suddenly died at the age of 50. Military commanders don't talk with each other, and they don't listen to mothers. The situation was impossible as to the timing and extent of the home leaves. My congressman, Nick Lampson, got it done in one day. My oldest son called and said they were airlifting him off the ship by helicopter. That's a big part of what a representative does. You hope to always have one who values this part of his responsibilities. Unfortunately, Nick Lampson was defeated by the Tea Party and they put in somebody who could care less about constituents. It's now all about what the Koch Bros. want that has them on their toes, i.e., BIG MONEY.

The people who stir the mud are almost completely in the corporate media: CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNBC -- all run by very right-wing entities who play us for fools for billions according to an array of cafeteria politics. Al Jazeera is not corporate-owned, but wholly owned by the government of Qatar, which is the Emir. And it's 10 times better than the other stuff we get. I have to get out of the American news orb to get even close to finding the truth. Our "free press" no longer works for the public good. To a large extent, we are our own investigative journalists now.

Tweet from scnbnc

Yeah, too early in the game for "no comment" RT@brianonorio: @scnbnc @clayaiken big question, clay. Are you #TeamSlaw or #TeamNoSlaw?

Clay's reply:

.@scnbnc @brianonorio I am usually a no slaw guy, but some of my best friends love the combo!

Totally agree with you Clay -- no slaw on top!

There is the cutest twitter convo going on between 2 girls and Clay. One says if Clay will retweet she will donate again. her friend says clay needs to do that because her friend loves him. He thanks her for the donation and her friend takes a pic of her crying because Clay said thank you. It appears they are college students because every one in room 516 is going crazy!

It made both of the girls day. I'd say that's 2 votes.

I was in Vermont skiing all week when he announced. We had taken Wed. off because of the storm and because we were in the condo all day I was able to follow along all day. My internet came and went over the week but I got to see most of the video and articles.

The blog tonight was so touching. I know I will miss the voice so much but I am so proud of him and still love him abunch :arrowed:

Ok how do I see the blog? How do I get past the campaign ad on ClayAiken.com?

Never mind! Figured out it's clayonline.com. The blog made me cry. So happy that he came back to address the fans, regardless of their political persuasions (or those of us who aren't even US citizens).

Good new article in the news section -- spells out more of his policy positions.

Damn, merrieeee beat me by a minute! LOL!

I too was amazed that we got a "he blogged" last night! That was incredibly sweet of him.

Tweetie is at it again. Six asking for money and this retweet.

@jgaryp: ALL teachers! @JamieKirkHahn: Governor Hunt calls for all teachers in NC to receive a pay increase. #EIF2014 cc @emergingissues

He's going to keep us busy reading his points of view. :thinking:

I would suggest he address the small business point of view towards the minimum wage. Usually Congress will exclude business' which have under a certain number of employees, making the state minimum wage applicable.