# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Unfortunately, "Obama levels" are what's needed anymore to run a campaign. (Honestly, I don't mind them, but I guess I still get a cheap thrill from seeing an email fro Clay to me! Even if it IS Robo-spam!)

Meanwhile, I now consider myself someone who can see the future, with my prediction of Kathy G. this morning. Too funny!

OH definitely. Hey the first thing I posted on facebook after the last presidential election is yay I can turn off the emails. But I found the after election wrap up stuff fascinating including the articles on their email campaign and which ones worked, which ones didn't, which ones got the most monetary responses. Out of the HUNDREDS I got, I donated perhaps 4 or 5 times so I understand the volume. But for a congressional race in another state, I'll bypass.

Can you tell me the lotto numbers for friday?

Ah the joys of living in the south when it turns bad. We are not doing bad this time, just cold. But never fear it will be 70 during the weekend......when I'm stuck in the hospital from morning till night. He's going to owe me big time!

Brrr sounds chilly !

I don't take much interest in politics, not even here at home but great to see Clay following his passion.

I also don't take much interest in sports but the olympics are a different matter, only time I am willingly watching sport on TV.

Also Australia just got our first medal - a silver in a womens snowboard ...thingy. Yay!

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm.

• Like 1

"Snowboard -- thingy!" LOVE it! Thought of you ausdon as I was watching that event last night! (Glad USA got first and third in that one too!)

Our weather today is supposed to be a balmy 35 degrees -- which is MUCH better than it has been for the past few weeks. The winter thaw is starting soon. It also means that all the snow we have around here will be making much water, which means much flooding. Sigh.

I hope Fear and jmh can check in soon to let us know how they fared.

More pictures from the Men's Breakfast last Saturday:

543e_zpsac94c076.jpg

543d_zpse2635697.jpg

543g_zps5805b2e4.jpg

We didn't lose power and the people who do our lawns plowed our local street last night. Staying home today and will call the people we were expecting to come to the library to get their taxes done. It's already up to 31 degrees f . We didn't get as much snow as predicted but are predicted to get more this morning.

I hope you all are safe and warm.

Thanks luckiest for the Canadian Ntls videos. I'll have to watch some on my desktop as they are not available for mobile.

Looking at those pics I would say that they certainly need some young blood!

Certainly agree with that -- and I think that is one of Clay's strengths in that regard. As much as he's complained about being "old" in the past -- he's a spring chicken in the political world. His being part of this race is going to energize people!

And I love it!

All is well here, but it's snowing again. The power flickered several times an hour ago, which is usually a bad sign, but so far so good. It's warm enough that the ice on the trees is melting. Bigger warm-up tomorrow. So not bad, considering what could have been.

Wow, I can't even imagine NC with that much snow! Stay safe, stay in, hopefully it will melt soon. We haven't had too much snow this week, but more uber cold temperatures (-27C the other morning). Supposed to be milder this weekend but then another dumping of snow on Monday, which just happens to be 3 things: a stat holiday called "Family Day", my birthday, and the day that our ice dancers Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir go for gold! Today, I have taken the day off work because my other obsession, Patrick Chan, goes for gold. Yes, I am officially addicted to the Olympics.

Thanks for all the pictures and articles. I plan to show my mom the campaign video this morning. She is not online at all, so has not even heard a whisper of all the excitement going on with Team Clay lately!