# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Ha ha couchie, yes, I guess you could say it is. It's it's own entity entirely. Back in the old days, before this new scoring system, it was so corrupt it was frustrating to watch. If you weren't from a country with big pull in the ice dancing world, you got nowhere, regardless of how well you skated. In recent years, North America has become the ice dance capital of the world (particularly Michigan). However, it used to be Russia. I don't really agree with the judging in this event either, I think it's questionable, however we aren't going to begrudge a silver medal to our Canadian team. They got the gold back in 2010. They skated lights out and that's all they can do. To be fair, I do like the US team as well, they are also great skaters.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I obviously spent most of yesterday watching the ice dance competition, but later went out for a seafood feast with my kids, their SO's, and a few friends. Since only 3 of 8 of us actually like seafood, I think it was a testament to how much they like me that they all came. LOL. So I was very pleased.

If there was a best dressed candidate list, Clay would win by a long shot. When I stood next to him at the Gala I remember thinking how impeccable he looks. Despite having stood and sat for a couple of hours he had a knife sharp crease in in his trousers and not a wrinkle in his jacket. He also seemed so very happy.

Although I will miss the entertainer, I am thrilled for the candidate. I just love politics. I :allgood:

Ha ha couchie, yes, I guess you could say it is. It's it's own entity entirely. Back in the old days, before this new scoring system, it was so corrupt it was frustrating to watch. If you weren't from a country with big pull in the ice dancing world, you got nowhere, regardless of how well you skated. In recent years, North America has become the ice dance capital of the world (particularly Michigan). However, it used to be Russia. I don't really agree with the judging in this event either, I think it's questionable, however we aren't going to begrudge a silver medal to our Canadian team. They got the gold back in 2010. They skated lights out and that's all they can do. To be fair, I do like the US team as well, they are also great skaters.

As someone who is just learning all about the twizzle I'm wondering if we're seeing so much coverage this year because the american's won. I could see that they were talented but didn't connect with them at all. The team I liked didn't make the podium. They were called quirky. I would think anyone called quirky in ice dancing would never ever win it. lol.

So who is signing up for the campaign. Anybody here?

I would love to help Clay but my schedule is so full right now I doubt that I would feel like driving 100 miles each way. I'm doing PT twice a week now in addition to all my volunteering. Maybe I'll write some letters to the editor of the local papers out there. I would love to see things start changing in NC. People seem to feel free to say really ugly things without suffering any consequences under the name of teapartyists. We need some more good representatives.

The only person I know of who is volunteering because she lives in district is geekette.

From the CH, via CV:

SANFORDNCNEWS.COM: LOCAL SANFORD, NC NEWS

Home / Sanford, NC News /

Clay Aiken is coming to town

18 February 2014

SANFORD–According to reports, former American Idol runner up Clay Aiken is coming to town. Aiken will attend the Democratic Women’s annual candidate and political officials’ reception on March 11.

Thanks to Floridaiken on CV for above "news".

Friends,

We live in an era of political dramas such as House of Cards and Scandal which portray Washington D.C. as a place featuring ever shifting alliances among the powerful and those seeking power, back room deals, and special interests dominating the direction of our government. These shows are fictional, but sadly the reality of Washington D.C. is too often almost as bad. A recent article pointed out that many Congressmen “vote no, but hope yes” because they want to appease the special interests and the far right or far left by voting no, even as they understand that certain legislation must pass for the good of the country.

Isn’t it time that we have representatives who do the right thing regardless of what the special interests think? The people that our elected officials represent should be the only special interest that they care about. Period.

My campaign reached out to you on Monday to share with you that we are building out the campaign. Since that time we have finalized office space, made a number of hires which will strengthen our campaign, and I’ve hit the trail throughout the district meeting with voters. We’re building a campaign that we can be proud of, but we still have much to do. Will you chip in $10, $20, $50, $100, or whatever amount that you can afford today to help us keep going?

I told you when I entered this race that I hope to show everyone that at least in our corner of North Carolina that we can have a Congressman who represents everyone in the district, not just those who voted for them. I also want to be the type of Congressman who votes out of the best interest of the people of the Second District. You shouldn’t have to have a lobbyist or Super PAC to be heard and I will always be a Congressman who listens. For years I’ve encouraged everyone that I meet to use their voice. I intend to represent that spirit in DC.

Will you use your voice today by donating $10, $20, or more to our campaign and forwarding this email to five of your friends and ask them to do the same? We have the opportunity to spark much needed change in Washington. That spark begins with you, right now, and that spark can grow in to a flame that entrenched power can’t stop.

Use your voice,

Clay

PS - Consider contributing what you are able today to keep the campaign growing.

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

sooooooooooooooooo

was on my way to work this morning -- I walk ten blocks through one of the tougher neighborhoods in oakland. So this morning I'm walking, head down, playing something or other on my phone when I hear pop pop pop pop pop... look up and I see 2 blocks ahead of me the waste management recycling truck. So eh, I keep walking. Then I hear pop pop pop. This time when I look up I see a guy with a big ass gun chasing another guy and shooting. I stared long enough to see the one guy fall down..don't know if he fell or was shot, because he got back up and started running. The guy kept chasing him and shooting. Fortunately for me, the guy running chose to turn left rather than right because he would have ben running toward me rather than away from me. At that point I just said,,,WTF, and turned and started booking down the street in the other direction. It was like the wild wild west. And no I didn't call 911 I just got my butt out of there. This played out right in front of the recycling truck driver.