# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Whoa couchie, be careful out in the wild west. Seriously, I worry about uncontrolled gun fire.

Nevertheless, I would love to hear Clay all fired up.

Roy Cooper who will also be there is starting a run for governor but it will not be for 2 or 3 years unless they current gov leaves early. (Fingers crossed)

Forward Americans ‏@ForwardAmerican

@wakedems fundraiser was a huge success! Atty Gen @RoyCooperNC spoke & @ClayForNC great candidates lined up this yr! https://pic.twitter.com/IxPEtX8bFv

BhC8MNGIgAAP6ax_zps2ea82585.jpg

Another from the same:

@ClayForNC @clayaiken is the new perspective we need for #NC02! Fed up like most & ready to do work for us! #ncpolpic.twitter.com/4dxjcgLZSE

BhC_aigIMAEur_c_zps945edb30.jpg

And from a tumblr account this evening:

2014-02-21_2108_zps84eca1f1.png

Do you think Clay being there had any effect?

Oops forgot tweet.

@ForwardAmerican: @threeonapage @ClayForNC @clayaiken Sold out event Patty! I heard tonight was the best annual fundraiser for @wakedems yet. #UniteBlue 2014!

Via twitter from tonight:

QNotes @qnotescarolinas

Congressional candidate @clayaiken is at @HRC NC Gala w/ @MGBWHome owners Mitchell Gold, Bob Williams #lgbt #clt pic.twitter.com/uqHVuv3gqt

hrc_zps4daa46f6.jpg

Yummy!

@Innovate_Steve: @CelebsInCLT Clay Aiken at the Carolinas Human Rights Campaign annual dinner. http://t.co/Hcdl7xiAzP

908b77b0e46c7dad4c47417072644bc1_zpscc1871f2.jpg

He is stunning in those pics and he's schmoozing with the best of them!

Oh and the hair looks good!

Who would have thought that we would know more about where Clay is and what he is doing in addition to seeing pictures of him as a regular guy than as a celebrity. This is what I always wanted to see him do. I'm just ecstatic.

:allgood:

I agree with ALL of the above! I am thrilled that Clay is going about, schmoozing (which IMO he's always been pretty good at), and looking fine doing it! I also love that he's treated like a regular guy instead of a celebrity (except for the fact that people are wanting to take his picture...nothing new there). I think the change is the fact that he's agreeing to taking those picture!

I was in the market the other day, taking back some bad chicken wings I bought, and I heard WIthout You wafting through the air.

I'm not sure I agree with "regular guy" but Clay does seem to be working it. I think everything he has done has prepared him for it.

You are right couchie -- "regular guy" isn't quite right, but he seems less adulated, if that makes any sense...

Trying to load pictures from Photobucket using my iPad. Let's see if this works! Pictures from the Wake County Democrats on Friday. Keith Crisco. One of his challengers, was there too.

3b330064a079390abd4896979e03c3e7_zpsd6757268.jpg

551b9b4b13104f04249e60ed0ed7013f_zps970f3df2.jpg

d2e510356ef854f7d3b46dc252936d5b_zps7b05a302.jpg

It worked!

Back in the day Clay Aiken had a concert on Long Island.....one of my faves because he spoke to me. On the way to the concert we stopped and ate at a Legal Seafood. Today that restaurant was in the news because the manager died of carbon monoxide poisoning. It was weird to see a place that I'd eaten at, so far away, on the news

I'm glad some are enjoying all the media coverage and pictures of Clay recently. Me, I'm just sad to see him standing at a microphone but not singing. Still, whatever makes him happy....I'm glad he seems to be doing so well. As much as I don't enjoy politics, I still want him to succeed.

This week I officially file my paperwork to run for #NC02. Will you make a donation to support our campaign today? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…
I am honored to have the opportunity to serve. I look forward to speaking out on the issues that matter to you on the trail. #clayfornc

luckiest and all who feel that way...I do understand. And yet, I cannot help but think that he's happier now than he ever has been. That in itself makes me happy.

I also keep think that he's said at one point that he never thought of his singing voice as all that special. (Am I misremembering that?) But I do think he feels that his "service gene" (as I'm calling it) is his true gift. I'm sorry it doesn't match with many fans idea of this.

I think it's doubly frustating to be someone who abhors politics, and also to be Canadian. Even if I want to help support him, I can't. Ah, don't mind me, I'm just feeling blue because the Olympics are over and it's back to real life today. Add to that the freaking polar vortex is back in Ontario. Will it ever be spring?

• Like 1