# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Would you like it back? I can be very accommodating. :BlowKiss: (that joke says it all. lol)

I'm having a terrible time typing and using emoticons on this site..my words come out jumbled and I definitely didn't put Clay up there.....hmmm Anyone else having trouble?

Ho much wood cana woodchuck chuk.................See, this iswh happe wen I don't hit ach leter slowly one at atime...........This is what it looks like if I don't type slowly...one letter at a time ....do you have any clues as to what is happening? The emoticons don't work for me either, as that Clay emoticon was a smiley face. I have no problems anywhere else. I'm stumped. :thinking:(that one worked.yeah!)

This week I officially file my paperwork to run for #NC02. Will you make a donation to support our campaign today? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…
I am honored to have the opportunity to serve. I look forward to speaking out on the issues that matter to you on the trail. #clayfornc

luckiest and all who feel that way...I do understand. And yet, I cannot help but think that he's happier now than he ever has been. That in itself makes me happy.

I also keep think that he's said at one point that he never thought of his singing voice as all that special. (Am I misremembering that?) But I do think he feels that his "service gene" (as I'm calling it) is his true gift. I'm sorry it doesn't match with many fans idea of this.

I don't remember Clay ever saying that but who knows. My memory isn't what it used to be. I know he always hedged his bets that the career would last a long time. And I always knew he had other interests. I don't read around but I'm not shocked that he chose this path although selfishly I miss the singing. I always liked the other parts of him but came and stayed for the voice. I've always said live Clay was my favorite Clay and that is over for now. And like Luckiest "politics" is not hobby material for me.

I do appreciate the pictures being brought here as it's the only way I'll see them. Love the round table up above. And yes I agree with whoever said that NC apparently needs some young blood. Any expert talk out there on his chances in the democratic primary. I keep hearing about the republican or is it tea party woman but he has to get there first. Any idea what his chances are?

I can't believe the shoot out I saw didn't even make the paper. I'm going to assume mr nine lives managed to get away without getting shot.

So excited The Voice is back tonight.

I am too far from the district he is in to hear anything about his running. Around here its best to avoid any political talk as we have mostly Republicans winning. We even have a woman who has been on the school board for many years who has said that kids in school who say they are gay are sinners and should be harrassed in school. Gets me sick. Churches are such a big political influence and not necessarily for good.

Its getting warm here . Guess its time to get out the fly swatters. :ruserious:

FYI: we're starting to get close to needing a new thread! Anymore, it takes us a while -- but with the recent activity again, we've been moving a bit faster. If anyone has any ideas, please post them in our Thread Title Suggestion page. This link should take you to the last page of the thread. I'll try to find some in all our posts lately, but I'm also in "busy season" at work...

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=303&st=340

Email from ykw.

Hello,

On Thursday at 9:30am at the North Carolina State Board of Elections I will officially file to run for Congress. This is a big step and I am honored to have you by my side as I take it. I believe that this is the first step to help bring back, at least to my corner of North Carolina, the idea that someone can go to Washington to represent all the people – whether they voted for you or not. And maybe together we can play a small part in igniting that change across the rest of our country.

This campaign isn't about my opponents and it isn't about me. It's about you. It's about sending Representatives to Washington who think about you each day that they wake up, not the special interests. It is about sending folks to Washington who want to see D.C. work for you, not for the lobbyists – or for one political party or the other.

I believe that our future has never been brighter if we make the right decisions and I am ready to go to D.C. and work to make sure that what is right with America — our people — have a voice. Will you stand with me this week by donating $25, $50, or whatever amount that you feel good about today?

One of the best ways to generate job growth, and to generate the kind of long term growth that we must have in order to build a new American dream for our kids, is to make sure that we send Representatives to D.C. who will make a difference for you. Our economy continues to stagnate in part because of instability coming from our government. We have to change that.

Our campaign has set a goal of raising $20,000 online this week to help spread our message. Will you give today? I promise you that as long as you stand with me, I will be standing up for you. I will stand up for needed investments in each school that will benefit each child. I will be an advocate for women, and everyone, throughout North Carolina who should be paid for what they do, not who they are. I will work with both parties to make sure that we end outdated regulations and policies that stand in the way of entrepreneurs and family farmers.

After I file on Thursday I will head to Asheboro for a listening session at Di'Lishi Frozen Yogurt on 405 E. Dixie Drive and I will close the day at the precinct meetings in Apex. Follow along with us as we travel the district via Facebook and Twitter.

All the best,

Clay Aiken

PS - Please consider giving $25, $50, or whatever amount you can now to help us reach our goal?

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

Thanks merrieeee for keeping us "up to speed!" It's been crazy busy at work today -- and I have to leave again soon for another presentation. But I should be home in about an hour and a half, and I'll post updates (pictures, twitter feeds etc.) in the appropriate threads!

May also have to start an instagram thread...hee.

BhZdxazIMAAGXo2_zps15e6088e.jpg

Brian Lewis ‏@NewFrameLLC ·8 mins

@NewFrameLLC met w @clayaiken yesterday re: working family issues, police officers, & education policy. pic.twitter.com/EnyBfYiLCL

He looks tired, but it also looks as if he blinked at the same time the picture was taken.

merrieeee, I think I've figured out how to move pictures from one board to another, but it involves having Photobucket. If I can remember how I did it, I'll show you if you want.

The guy has guts!

On the campaign trail, Clay Aiken is taking more than a typical politician’s share of selfie photos with fans.

“I've learned it's a lot easier to do it myself than wait for someone to figure out how to operate the camera,” Aiken said, after grabbing the camera and taking a dozen-some photos with admirers (or the curious) at a recent Wake County Democratic Party fundraiser.

The former American Idol contestant plans to file his official candidacy papers at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Raleigh and launch what one of the most interesting campaigns for Congress in America. He’s fighting an uphill battle in a district that leans strongly to the Republican side and first must win a Democratic primary against Keith Crisco, a former state commerce secretary.

The campaign of U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers, the Republican incumbent, attacked Aiken from the start, suggesting he represented “San Francisco values.” But in an interview Aiken dismissed it, calling it “a little bit of a swipe from a clawless cat.”

In his speech to Wake Democrats, Aiken declared 2014 “a change year in North Carolina” and pressed the issue of education.

Asked after the speech how he would turn selfie photos into votes, he suggested his celebrity status would help his campaign. “I think a big issue for this campaign is making sure people pay attention to it,” he said. “And as we've had people pay attention to it, we've gotten a chance to talk about the issues important to me and things important to this district, and we've gotten a chance to talk about the record of the person who is in this seat now.”

Aiken said he is still adjusting to the shift to politics – “a different kind of busy” – and the Republican trackers following his every move, including at the Wake Democratic fundraising event.

At this point, an another admirer interrupted to greet him. His campaign trail will include more selfies to come.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/26/3655534/a-snapshot-from-clay-aikens-campaign.html#storylink=cpy