# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

"National Inclusion Project" gala dates announced (e-mail) - It's two days, dinner and performance by Clay.

September 19-20

Raleigh, NC

We are excited to come home to Raleigh this year for our 11th Annual Champions Gala!

This year's Gala will include dinner, honoree presentations and a special performance by Co-Founder Clay Aiken. All events will be held at the Marriott City Center at 500 Fayetteville Street.

As soon as more details are available (including hotel group rate info) we will update our Gala website and share through Facebook and Twitter.

Interesting, they've gone back to the old format with dinner included. Now I wonder if they will be specific as to whether the dinner and/or performance is for the VIP or regular gala. I am assuming they are still going to split it into 2 nights as they've listed the 19th & 20th of September.

Hmmmm. Interesting. I didn't get the email. Wonder if it's because I didn't go last year.

That's my birthday weekend, so I'm pretty sure I can't go. Really can't afford it again this year, anyway!

Glad he will be singing, hopefully at the main event. It will be nice with him out and about in Raleigh that it gets local coverage and some of his constituents can go and find out what he's been doing the last 8 years. Can't go though. Alaska trip will break me and I have to think about a family trip at some point this fall.

About the NC music hall of fame, yay for both of them. II heard Fanny on the radio recently and I knew her voice right away. She and Clay have that in common along with the same home state.

Email from Clay.

Hello,

In a little over an hour I will officially file to run for Congress. I’ve been humbled by the support that you have shown this campaign over the past several weeks as I crisscrossed the district. Folks from Fayetteville to Asheboro have told me that they are sick of gridlock in Washington.

Dysfunction in Congress is hurting our economy and hurting the American people. It cripples investor and consumer confidence. Scoring political points seems to be more important than getting people back to work.

I’m ready to go to Congress and work for you. My family and friends are going to be standing with me as I file today. Will you join them by making a gift of $10, $25, or more to support our campaign?

My campaign has set a goal of raising $20,000 online this week and we are well on our way. Will you help us reach our goal?

Together, we can start to change our nation.

Yours,

Clay

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

@CKnuteABC11: Large crowd of supporters turned out to state bd of elections office to see Clay Aiken file, applauded him. http://t.co/BOpIiFQZuf

@CKnuteABC11: Clay Aiken officially filing for Congressional run. Making jokes that it was "awfully quiet" in the room. http://t.co/NUP5na92mX