# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

There's been some pictures posted at CV today from the yogurt shop, via Anonymous. I can't hot link them (nor should I), but I've grabbed all the links to input into my photobucket later tonight. I've gotten permission to post them here, just can't hotlink. Really good pictures....

New tweets!

Prominent Republican Robert Holding is considering challenging Congresswoman Ellmers saying she has "gone Washington" newsobserver.com/2014/02/27/365
Because of your support Robert Holding and other Republicans believe that we can win. Will you chip in $10 now? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…

I guess this last minute challenger (on the Republican side) is VERY conservative. It will be interesting to see what transpires with this. IMO, if Clay makes it past the primary -- well, if nothing else, I think the nation will watch this race, not just NC.

This is too cute.

@MChambless13: I guess @clayaiken is too busy to give me a bday shoutout. Oh well you still rocked that hoody in New York. #guildsohard @Changlenn

@clayaiken: @MChambless13 happy birthday!

@MChambless13: “@clayaiken: @MChambless13 happy birthday!” OMG my life is complete shout out to @Changlenn for making this happen BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

Fear, I think lighting as a LOT to do with Clay's hair color. I've never quite understood the fascination with the color of his hair, just because in different lighting, it just looks...well, so varied. (Except for the blond years...heh).

Good morning everyone! We had another 3 inches of snow overnight, so I think that broke our record of snowiest winter ever. And the temps are going to plunge again overnight. Sigh. I usually like winter, but I'm tired of it at this point. (I'm also not looking forward to the flooding that will happen in about a month or so...)

This past week was a watershed moment for Clay, and I couldn't be happier for him. He looks so much at ease, listening to his potential constituents. His heart, to me, has been in service mode since practically the day he was born. Not everyone has that, so I'm thrilled that he's following that passion. I hope it continues on for him for months and years to come!

• Like 2

I was thinking it was the lighting too..

Ellen is cracking me up tonight. She's good. Was she good the first time around? I don't remember.

Good post LadyJ.

I would like to follow Clay's lead ha ha and make a request for donations for the board. It's only $20 a month so doesn't take a lot to keep things going but just for the next few months I have a ton of obligations and things are going to be tighter than usual. If you can donate you can send it to aearlye@gmail.com (paypal) FYI I changed my primary paypal address and it's no longer yahoo. I'll just change the board billing to paypal for a bit. It would be much appreciated. I know times are still tough out there so no pressure at all and I appreciate all that still want to hang out here.

Happy to help couchie. I appreciate this board. I totally forgot about the Oscars last night, and went with my daughter and her gf to see Non Stop instead. It was ok, not great but not bad either. Our temperature here this morning was -19C with a windchill of -27C. Even the dog refused to go out for his walk, which is unheard of. But the birds are chirping so I think they must know something. Spring must be on it's way soon.......right?

Good luck on that Spring thing luckiest, we are expecting an ice storm here. We were supposed to read a Dr Seuss story today to 5th graders at the school where we volunteer, but school is closing early today. We even bought those red striped hats to wear. We'll be doing It Wednesday instead.

Couchie, sent money to the wrong email address, will send it to you when I get some money back in the account. :fncomputer:

Clay tweet or is it a Cleet?

@clayaiken: Thank you for your help in placing #NC02 on the national radar! Let's take real NC values to DC. #ncpol #clayfornc

Eta. Couchie, Money is on its way!

Email from Clay.

Hi Friends,

As many of you know, I’m officially a candidate for Congress in North Carolina’s Second District, and we’re using http://www.ClayAiken.com as our campaign homepage. Therefore, the mailing list for Clay Aiken Fans has moved. If you’d like to continue to receive updates on the latest music, news and shows be sure to confirm that you’d like to be signed up to the new list by clicking the link below:

http://www.Clayonline.com

If you decide not to receive any further emails from us, click on the unsubscribe link below or you can click unsubscribe.

Clay Aiken emails will be coming to you from mail@clayaiken.com, so don't forget to add that address to your address book and spam blocker's safe list.

I’m hoping you’ll stick with us in the coming months as I make my way across the campaign trail. Many of you have been with me since the early days. You know that throughout the years, my values and priorities have never changed.

I am running for Congress for the same reason I chose to become a special education teacher -- to help people in need who aren't being well served. Washington isn’t working and the American people are the ones suffering because of it.

I want to continue to use my voice. I want to use my voice to represent those people who are being ignored and left behind by a do-nothing Congress. We deserve better than what we’re getting.

I’ve been fortunate in my life. And so much of who I am today was shaped in my early years. I hope you’ll share my story with friends and family, and I appreciate your support.

Here's the link to the video Announcement of my campaign.

Thanks for always being there.

Clay

Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

I am so confused after that email. Does that mean if he doesn't win he'll go back to music or did someone mistakenly put that in there? I am really hoping he wins the whole shebang and is representative Clay. if not I am willing to revert back to a fan of an entertainer. :thinking:

I am so confused after that email. Does that mean if he doesn't win he'll go back to music or did someone mistakenly put that in there? I am really hoping he wins the whole shebang and is representative Clay. if not I am willing to revert back to a fan of an entertainer. :thinking:

I was a bit confused too...but I agree with you. I'm a fan of Clay, period. I hope he wins (because I really think he wants it badly), but if he loses and goes back to singing, I'm cool too!

I'm getting a cold. Backed out of the meeting I was supposed to go to this evening, and my calendar is pretty free tomorrow. I may take a sick day. It would be my first one since last July... In the meantime, lots of soup and tea!

Hey I thought I responded to Fear's post earlier. I just think they want to use that certain email for the campaign and all of us who are getting all this campaign email had no choice but just unsubscribe. So I think they don't want to lose the fans altogether. Remember there is a gala coming up and they need to be able to maintain the core fans and communicate with them and now there is an option to not just opt out but to opt in. Well that was my first thought anyway.

Thanks everybody. Have enough to cover the next 4 months!!

I am happy to read that email. I am one of the fans that had unsubscribed to the emails completely, because I find it quite frustrating to constantly get emails asking for my support, when I'm not allowed to give it from Canada. Plus, I just don't have any interest in politics. I am glad to have some way to keep subscribed now. As much as I want him to succeed in this new venture of his, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him to start singing again!

• Like 1

So, luckiest, if I post the political emails, you won't be TOO upset, right? *g*

New email from Gene Conti, Clay's campaign manager:

Friends,

Before Clay announced, the 2nd District race wasn’t on anybody’s radar. But Clay’s strong start – and the incredible response to his announcement video – led the DCCC yesterday to declare it an emerging race – one that will be a real battleground in November. Thanks to you this race is going to be a key race and we can’t thank you enough for your support to date.

We know that Congresswoman Ellmers is likely to be defeated because she has repeatedly put her party leaders before the people of the district. We know that it is time to send a Representative to D.C. who will wake up Washington.

Will you help us show the country that we are going to take back this district for the people by chipping in $5 today?

Our campaign is powered by you -- and thousands of people just like you. We’re ready to fight, and we’re ready to win, but we need you to stand with us today.

Yours,

Gene Conti

Senior Campaign Advisor, Clay Aiken for North Carolina