#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

Thanks merrieeee and ldyj. Still enjoying the pictures. Decided I can't make it to Charlotte to see and hear Clay. Can't leave my tax crew in the lurch and wouldn't make it on time anyway. Still looking for an opportunity.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I don't consider a blog correspondance. It's someone's opinion on the internet. You can read it or not. JMO. I think this was the response to Elmers' comment on "a Hollywood celebrity", as she described Clay. I personally don't use it , but my sons sure do. They are definitely after the youth vote.

I don't like the "F" word, and rarely use it. However, I don't mind the use of the letters "WTF," because I find that kind of snarky. And, in the case of this article, I think it truly does fit a lot of people's perceptions of Clay and the idea of him actually running for Congress.

It's been a day from hell for me, and I still have a paper to write for my class (due Monday, but many things scheduled in my life in the next few days). I wanna go to sleep.

From Facebook:

Erlisabeth Velazquez : Looking like dorks but ran into clay aiken

Near Fayetteville

image_zpsa072a296.jpg

Note: I have ALWAYS loved that shirt tie combo -- which he's had 8 years now!

The North Carolina Letter Carrier

Scenes From Letter Carriers' Spring Training -- Durham, NC

March 28-29, 2014

http://nclettercarrier.com/scenes-from-let...urham-nc---2014

image1_zps2f73f137.jpg

image2_zps518fe1a5.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ufcw1208

The United Food & Commercial Workers

UFCW Local 1208 will have more pics later on, but enjoy a few we got during our meeting with Clay Aiken, candidate for Congress in the 2nd district.

This is happening right now. UFCW Local 1208 is telling their stories to Clay Aiken, congressional candidate for the 2nd district.

image6_zps6c529fb4.jpg

image7_zps81641a28.jpg

image3_zpsdfdc32cf.jpg

image5_zpscfef73d5.jpg

image4_zps9598f283.jpg

This last one? Adorable...

Jeannie Nelson: Tray we made for Clay Aiken today !!!

image8_zpsd2eaba09.jpg

Hi Merrieee. I feel your pain. My Open was the Queen Victoria that I supplied earlier this week. Thank god it's over. Very stressful and a very different type of buying. I've been putting in so many hours and hopefully things get back to normal this week.

when is the vote. I take it he will win the democratic primary or whatever they call it there?

Today I was listening over and over, cuz that's what I tend to do, his duet with Hannah at the Broadway cares event. I love it so much despite all the background noise. It perfectly demonstrates the range and beauty and power of his voice.

Hey couchie...

...the primary date is on the FCA Timeline for the year.

The date is May 6.

I personally think he's got the primary, but, as jmh has told me, you can never count on North Carolina. Hee.

If he does win, then the REAL work begins.

• Like 1

You know what I hate? It's when someone says we have a meeting in the office at 5am and I come in at 4:45, to open up and put the coffee on and they don't show up till 6:15!

• Like 2

I have come to the conclusion that singing has now gone back to being a hobby! I think he is much more satisfied with what he is doing now than ever before!

I tend to agree with you merrieeee. He looks so ding-danged comfortable doing this -- and it shows on his face. "His voice" may not include music for now, bu in my opinion it's making him happy, and I'm good with that.

I'm really tired of being treated as a nobody, by people who think they are important. So yesterday two people came in to the office demanding to see my boss, who wasn't here. Well at least one of them did. He was really rude and after 14 hours I'd had enough. He very condescendingly said well is there anyone in the office....hey what am I chopped liver? I am never confrontational so I very calmly got the point across that he was being rude.

It turns out the one that didn't speak was a PGA TOUR player. Oops! The rude guy was just his caddie.

I told my boss what had occurred and he stood up for me and told the player that he didn't expect his staff to be treated that way! Yeah. One for the little people.

• Like 1