#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

Merrieeee, I feel for you. Some people are living in another century. Particularly in sports. Look at those men bashing the baseball player for taking 2 days to help with the birth of his baby. I'd just write it off to ignorance.

I think Clay enjoyed being a performer. He knows his voice is special. But being very intelligent, it must have been very annoying to be grouped in with other singers that might be just about publicity. Also with outspoken fans talking about not liking this song or that, where was the joy anymore? I am happy that once again he is trying to make a difference. I only hope the voters in district 2 recognize that. And I really believe he will sing again for the pure joy of it. JMO

TCTweets

@ClayForNC: Busy Saturday morning! Glad to be with @HarnettCoDems. #ncpol #nc02 http://t.co/8i3Q1Yoy4I

@ClayForNC: Spoke at the Lee County Dem Convention in Sanford this morning #ncpol #nc02 @ Lee County Courthouse http://t.co/YpUpVo5qrO

Fifth graders are so much fun. I hope Clay has a ball.

We love our fifth graders. They are enthusiastic and so open to learning. He can't change too many minds to vote for him, so it's really sweet that he would do something like this. :lilredani:

What I notice when I look at all those pictures of Clay speaking in front of groups is how interested everyone appears to be. From kids to seniors, they all seem to be listening to every word. Clay's got "it", as we've always known.

I said this on CV today, even though I rarely post there, is that Clay is a very diverse man. He answered one of my questions during one of his chats. It was about if he could only do one thing, politics, entertaining, or working for social causes, what would it be. He said all of them. He didn't want to make a choice. And knowing Clay, I'm sure he'll wind up figuring out a way to accomplish all 3, and maybe throw in something else on top of it. I don't think he will ever be satisfied just doing one thing his entire life because there is so much to him. I sure love that man.

• Like 1

He certainly is charismatic! The difference in his interaction with people compared to Crisco's is really obvious.

Yes I am posting from work this am......why do you ask! Oh boy am I tired! And I bet that tomorrow when I get to come in at 7 instead of 5 I will be wide awake by 3:30!

I've noticed that too -- that people really pay attention to him. I think that's in part because he's paying attention to THEM.

He's certainly a natural at this, for sure!

I also appreciate that he seemingly takes Sunday's off! It gives me a chance to take a breath here as well....

Via CV, with permission:

I've been asked to post this:

You are cordially invited to a fun and casual reception honoring

Clay Aiken

Candidate for Congress from North Carolina

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

5:30pm

Co-hosts

Betsy & Gene Conti

John Jameson

John I. Wilson

616 North Carolina Avenue, SE

Washington, DC

Contributions welcome.

RSVP: events@clayaiken.com

Contributions or gifts to Clay for NC are not tax deductible.

Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and name of employer of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle. If you are retired, enter 'Retired' in the occupation and employer boxes.

An individual may contribute a maximum amount of $2,600 for the primary election and $2,600 for the general election. Federal multi-candidate political action committees (PACs) may contribute $5,000 for the primary election and $5,000 for the general election.

Please make sure you RSVP to the email provided if you plan to attend.

He looks good, and sounds wonderful!

Can I say, "he's so dweemy" about a politician? Well I can!

I'm at an all day workshop today. I'll be able to keep up, but won't be able to post. Have a great day everyone!

All from the fundraiser this evening:

Misty Levine

‏@LevineMisty

@clayaiken Great job! I super love your views!! Keep it up!! pic.twitter.com/6qSC6qgkNt

Clay_8_zps45a74632.jpg

Crystal Dempsey @CrystalDempsey

Yep, that is @AishaDew, @marytribble and me w/ @clayaiken. And hells yeah, he took pic & is running for congress. pic.twitter.com/Lak034cYkP

Clay_9_zpsbfa1967d.jpg

No description on this one:

10247381_765926976759315_4708854825237078567_n_zps9c5aa4be.jpg

keitha martin ‏@kmartin2727

Selfie with @clayaiken! What a great guy! https://pic.twitter.com/iONg7zIR1B

BkvlvDvIcAAjIsk_zps993e5233.jpg

kim4commission

1 hour ago

It was great meeting and talking to my new friend Clay and he is the King of Selfies. US Congressional Candidate, District 2, Clay Aiken and Mecklenburg County At Large Candidate, Kim Ratliff. Please vote for them if you are in their areas. #visiblechoice

3213cc98bf7e11e397c00e52c4d967be_8_zpsf55ee546.jpg

New email from my buddy Clay:

Hello,

When I began my campaign for Congress, I said that I believe people in my corner of North Carolina want a Congressman who listens to them, regardless of who they are, how they vote, or how much money they have. And I believe there are enough of them that we can win.

Some people think that’s too optimistic.

And I can understand why. There is so much cynicism and negativity in politics today. It seems that the loudest, most extreme voices get all the attention.

But as I traveled across the district last week, I found myself thinking about the many people I have met who still believe that our brightest days are ahead of us.

They know what is possible when you work together. They represent the true values of North Carolinians.

Our generosity of spirit.

Our commitment to our neighbors.

Our dedication to working together to make life better for all of us.

I have been fortunate to meet many, many people who are ready to see more of those values in Congress. And I look forward to meeting many more North Carolinians in the days, weeks, and months ahead. Please know that I am listening to your cares and concerns, and that won’t change when I’m in Congress.

I learned a long time ago that no matter how fortunate you are, you can’t let that change who you are. I haven’t. And I won’t.

Keep standing with our campaign, and I will keep speaking up for you.

All the best,

Clay

PS - If you feel so inclined, please make a gift of $5 today. We are making critical decisions about our campaign in the final weeks of the primary, and we need your help.

Previous post too long to add edit

Cute tweets

@Mr_Berman: FYI: the @nationaljournal newsroom just emptied out upon reports that Clay Aiken is in @thewatergate

@MattVas: Clay Aiken is in the Watergate. Naturally we (I) ogled. He's super tall.

@GrahamDavidA: @MattVas Doing what?

@MattVas: @GrahamDavidA Proving he's a serious congressional candidate by drinking an 8th floor pop and sitting with reporters

@lizrawr: My girlfriend just took a selfie with Clay Aiken and it's cute how excited she is about it.

see above pic

Hee, they were giving away a trip to Colorado at the tournament and my daughter just called to say she won! Five days, four nights, flight to beaver Creek and two rounds of golf. For two people! She is so excited except she doesn't play golf

Love this.

@Redistrict: Just interviewed @clayaiken #nc02 for an hr at @CookPolitical. Actually, he showed more policy depth than 4/5 of state legislators I've met.

Thank you merrieeee. Amazing how his name is recognized everywhere. I was doing a friend's taxes at home today. She asked if I had seen Clay recently. I told her he was doing something a little different now. She said, you mean running for office? She does not follow politics at all, but she knew what Clay was doing. :teehee2:

Recap from the DC fundraiser this evening, posted with permission from the author at CV:

DC funder recap, 4-9-2014: Handsome, charming, smart, friendly, serious.

It was a very small group at a beautiful home. The group was mixed ages, some young enthusiastic North Carolinians anxious to stand with Clay and learn politics the right way, and then there was a good contingent of CV'ers. (I'll let them red-report if they choose.) There were a few selfies, but that wasn't such a big deal. One of our ladies said Clay got a "master's in selfies," which made him chuckle.

I got to the home just at the same time as Clay and his adviser (someone else is going to have to tell me who it was. I need a Program), so I got to hand him my packet of materials and tell him a little about my organization. He seemed genuinely interested. And by the end of the evening, when I told Clay about a specific project I though he, as a Congressman, should support, Clay said he didn't know what I was talking about, "But that guy right there is nodding, so he'll explain it to me." It was charming, humble, and totally adorable.

I did get video of his casual little speech, but it wasn't too different from what he's been saying. He also said No to YouTube, so if I do upload it here, it will have to be under the no-sharing-under-pain-of-death rule.

I forgot to mention: While we were walking up to the house together, I told Clay he stirred up quite a commotion at the Watergate. He seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. I said Twitter was abuzz about how he cleared out the newsroom of the National Journal. He said he only saw two or three reporters. I don't know whether he's in a bubble, like on Idol, but whether he knows it or not, he's been creating buzz all day long. That's different from the last time he was in DC, so I wonder if the higher profile today was deliberate.

During the reception, Clay spoke a lot to individuals and small groups. Everyone got a turn, and it wasn't fangirly at all. The conversations (what little I could overhear) were all policy-related or North Carolina or DC related.

DC_funder_hosaa_P1040274_sm_zpse9da31a1.jpg

DC_funder_hosaa_P1040267_sm_zps8ac17e85.jpg

DC_funder_hosaa_P1040261_edited_sm_zps544b93e7.jpg