#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

Sorry to hear about your cat, Fear.

Couchie, sounds like our moms are two peas in a pod! Yesterday, we had to leave her alone for 2 hours. We forbade her to get out of bed. I have no idea if she did or not, but if she did she didn't hurt herself. We do have a baby monitor on her in the night. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I can't believe how depressed I'm feeling. I've been washing litter boxes and cleaning up anything I think a rescue cat might need. This was our last cat. He was seventeen going on 18. I just don't think I could take care of a pet for another 17 years.

luckiest, it's good that your mom is feeling so independent. She'll heal a lot faster. And it's good that you and your daughter are around to help.

I came home from England and my cart had died the day before I got home! She showed up on our back porch and never left. The vet thinks she was about 3 when she showed up and we had ( or she had us) for 20 years. That was about 5 years ago and I still miss her. We have moved houses and sometimes I think I hear her scratching to get in! Silly I know.

Today is not a very good day for me........just not good!

{{{{{{merrieeeee}}}}}}}}}}

My husband and I have talked about if we will get two more cats after these two pass away. I've never had cats before, but now I can't live life without them. My husband was, as he says, "raised by cats." Therefore, I'm pretty sure we'll attempt one more set...

Saw this at CV, but it's from Facebook:

Mitchell Gold

Join television star personalities Rosie O’Donnell and Andy Cohen, and singing stars Chely Wright and Neil Sedaka, and furniture stars (smile) Bob Williams and me…..for a FABULOUS fundraiser for CLAY AIKEN. American Idol and singing star Clay Aiken is running for US Congress in North Carolina. We are VERY impressed with his commitment to serve our country….not just sing for it! He’s smart and hardworking and filled with the common sense we need in our government. Please come learn more and support him at our store in SoHo/NYC next Tuesday night at 6 PM. Read invite here.: https://act.myngp.com/Forms/-3494088064797505792

https://www.facebook.com/mitchell.gold.5

Love that Neil Sedaka is joining this party!

• Like 1

From Openly Clay:

UNDER THE DOME. 

Morning Roundup

MARK YOUR CALENDAR: The three Democratic candidates for the 2nd Congressional District -- including Clay Aiken -- and the 13th Congressional District will appear at a forum 3:30 p.m. Sunday at the Cary High School auditorium. It is open to the public and sponsored by three local Democratic organizations.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/25/381.../#storylink=cpy

We are going to the Western Wake Dems forum on Sunday. First day I've been available. We were originally going to the beach but our hostess never called. Today we are celebrating earth day and Tai Chi day at the Earth Day fair.

Looking forward to hearing the man.

Sorry for the double cat post. I must be more upset than I realized.

From CV:

Marca Hamm ‏@marcahamm 3m

Finally got to hang with Clay Aiken. http://instagram.com/p/nQZXXhJvGY/

she tweeted this the other day

Marca Hamm ‏@marcahamm Apr 24

I have no idea who the guy on the right is but hey from Clay and me. http://instagram.com/p/nMPhAYpvN3/

Details

image_zps89a53f40.jpg

image1_zpsf2f51a7d.jpg

Thanks couchie. Not much else I can do except stay positive!

@ClayForNC: Fun event in Fayetteville! Great local music, delicious food, and everybody fired up for early voting!… http://t.co/uHr8QQgWrZ

There is someone in the background wearing a Clay for NC shirt! Me likey!

Hi, still have limitations. Visiting fan posted this on CV. I am "Friend." :)

Friend and I were taking an Art Tour in Chatham County today. I was in the studio talking with the artist while Friend stayed in the living room talking to folks (about six from three different families who all live in Chatham Co.) Friend was wearing a T-shirt which says "Clay Rocks" - no graphics and they asked her about it. When she explained it was a Clay Aiken tee, everyone got very excited and said that they love him. Points made during the following conversation were:

1. They all disliked the Crisco ad.

2. They really liked Clay's ad, but wished it were longer. Friend immediately told them about the "Open Door" video, which none of them had seen.

3. One of the points they remembered and liked was that he didn't want to go negative.

4. Unfortunately, only one lives in District 2, but they all said they would love to be able to vote for him.

The most important thing was the palpable excitement that entered the room when Friend mentioned Clay. The interest level and excitement filled the room and everyone was talking about what they had heard/see/thought about Clay.

He really does have that something special.

These were all North Carolinians and all lived in Chatham County.

• Like 1

And I saved my hands to post this. I was so excited when the Indy Week (formerly known as the Independent Weekly) endorsed Clay, and stunned when they put him on the cover. They were never kind to Clay Aiken, the singer or entertainer, and even interviewed JP back when and published it. This is a pretty surprising turnaround, but less so every day, as it seems NC is falling in love with Clay Aiken, the candidate.

I very often base my votes on their endorsements, or on the candidate questionnaires they post on their website. It is a very politically (liberal) oriented publication, and they've done some great exposes of NC corruption--which is now becoming nationally known--Duke Power, or our version of the Koch brothers, Art Pope, and the like. They are very serious in their research for endorsements, and I expect there are many others like me who take their endorsements very seriously.

• Like 1

That's good!

I think it's ironic that the guy who loved living in the Raleigh area because he was almost anonymous is now going out and courting recognition!

From Penn!

@pennjillette: @luv70s @clayaiken I support him