#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

OOOO, this should be fun -- a debate!

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/politics&id=9524682

DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- The three Democrats hoping to unseat Republican incumbent Representative Renee Ellmers in North Carolina's Second Congressional District will debate in the ABC11 Durham studios Friday afternoon.

Clay Aiken, Keith Crisco and Toni Morris will take on the big topics.

You can watch a live stream on ABC11.com at 2 p.m. The debate will be broadcast Sunday at 10 a.m. on ABC11.

(Copyright ©2014 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Have we seen this one yet?

americablog.com

http://americablog.com/2014/05/clay-aiken-...ongress-nc.html

Clay Aiken is running for congress in NC — and good for him

5/1/2014 3:40pm by John Aravosis 23 Comments

So I’m watching Stephen Colbert report on the upcoming midterm congressional elections, about which Democrats are a bit worried, based on the polls and concerns that younger voters, who tend to vote for Democrats, may sit this one out.

And what do I learn? That Clay Aiken is running for Congress, as a Democrat from North Carolina.

Huh.

Aiken, who is openly-gay and a proud dad, hopes to challenge Republican House Member Renee Ellmers, who ran a campaign ad claiming she would single-handedly stop a mosque from being built near Ground Zero in NYC. Nice lady.

The Democratic primary is May 6, only a few days away.

Below is Aiken’s video announcing his run, followed by Colbert’s take on the midterms, including his take on Aiken.

You know, my first impulse was to chuckle when I heard that Clay Aiken was running, but then I thought – why not? Good for him that he wants to make a difference. As I witnessed during my time on the Hill, there are a lot of bad people and a lot of good people, and they all can make a difference if they’re any good at their job. So it’s better to get the good people there, because we’ve all lived through the bad. And regardless of how bad you think Democrats are, how did you like living in George Bush’s America?

• Like 1

A hilarious tweet that's tied to the picture I posted above:

Mark Armstrong ‏@ArmstrongABC11 · 1m

Guy on right: 'What the hell have I gotten myself into?' “@StognerABC11: Clay Aiken did pretty well in 1st debate pic.twitter.com/o6rJmab5Rj”

BTW, Stogner was the moderator of the debate. I couldn't bring myself to watch it (too nervous, which is surprising for me!), but it sounds like he killed it. It should be in the vault very soon.

jmh thanks for bringing that article over. I will post in the news section probably Sunday night.

The knives are out!

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/05/02/3829507/aiken-crisco-created-jobs-in-central.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I liked the debate. I thought Clay did well for a rookie! Morris reminded me of a kid who gleefully tries to fit in with her elders but doesn't quite know what there talking about. As for Crisco.......yawn!

I'm way behind "tag teaming" with merrieee on pictures! But I like this one!

2014-05-02_1841_zps2422ca9d.png

I've watched half of the debate so far, and I think Clay is nailing it. Crisco is probably an all-right guy, but not really with it. I think Toni Morris is nice and smart and could be good, but needs some seasoning. Clay, though -- he seems as if he was made for this.

I'm also glad Clay's "slam" at Crisco is actually toward his RECORD.

The other picture on Instagram from earlier today:

2014-05-02_1851_zps6662c0ba.png

Gracyn Meredith Davis

8 hrs

My mom is cooler than your mom because she took a selfie with Clay Aiken. — with Michelle Wilson Davis.

clay1_zps55b3b612.jpg

Megan Buchanan

8 hrs near Southern Pines, NC · Edited

First Friday = Clay Aiken spotting & Chatham County Line in Southern Pines — with Rennie Waldron.

clay_zpsfce27bdd.jpg

The picture from the previous post:

BmranaWIMAAkyd7_zps6260f0bf.jpg

From FB:

Deborah Wilson Williams

Attended a meet and greet with Clay Aiken tonight. Was very impressed at how bright, articulate and knowledgeable he is. He makes no bones about being a moderate and being willing to work with others to represent the voters in his district. He has a foundation that helps special needs kids attend many of the activities that most regular kids take for granted. He has a real heart for special kids, military families and teachers. Had many good ideas. I like that he is tired of government fighting each other instead of working for the betterment of the voters. He has a sense of humor too. As I left the song "Just Walk Away Renee" was playing. He is a man with deep convictions and there is no fluff. Also got to meet with friends for dinner afterward at La Poblanita.

That is toooooooo funny!

Severine Utiger

OMG did EVERYONE is Southern Pines get a picture with Clay Aiken?? It's like where's Waldo!!

BWAHAHA!