#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

So Clay is having a live band at gala, how cool! Of course this would be a year I don't plan to go. I also missed that great year in 2011 when he did the mini-concert. Murphy's law, I guess. But I'm going on a cruise in October, so there won't be enough money to go around.

I put my iPod on Clay random this morning and got Fantasy followed by Solitaire (both post-AI performances). OMG talk about blow your mind.

Good thoughts to your husband and you, merrieeee. I can understand his wanting to go home.

Will miss you at the Gala, luckiest and anyone else who won't make it. . I'm hoping for a really good turnout this year and that Clay is doing well in the polls by then. I miss his excitement when he thought he had won CA.

From Instagram:

clayforncSpeaking to the Wake County Senior Dems during their luncheon today. #ncpol #nc02

2014-05-21_1214_zps1ab2196e.png

Also a tweet from the ClayforNC account:

Clay to Wake County Senior Dems: "I don't think most people vote for an 'R' or a 'D' ... they vote for solutions." #ncpol #nc02

Confirmation of the CNN appearance, via Twitter:

Janelle Griffin ‏@janellegCNN · 8m

American Idol star & Congressional candidate @clayaiken joins @BrookeBCNN TODAY talking all things politics. TUNE IN!

Don't have cable anymore, so I can't watch, and I'm out until this evening, so I won't get to see it anytime soon!

I haven't left yet, so I'm reading the real time stuff via CV. This tweet came through though. :cryingwlaughter:

Elizabeth McLeod ‏@e_mcleod_ · 1m

Wait, when did Clay Aiken 1.Get hot? 2. Decide to run for office?

More from Twitter:

Shushannah Walshe ‏@shushwalshe · 49s

On CNN right now: @clayaiken: "I would love to debate Renee Ellmers...I look fwd to the opportunity and I hope she gives it to me."

Derek Rowles ‏@DerekRowles · 1m

.@clayaiken says on #CNN "I would love to debate @Renee4Congress... I want to hold her accountable."

frederick ‏@frederickthe3rd · 44s

@ClayAiken just dropped some knowledge right now on the #NewsRoom ��

Erik Nelson ‏@cluelessbutdumb · 58s

Watching #CNN's @BrookeBCNN. I'm a Republican but I think @clayaiken makes ALOT of sense!

Geoffrey Koester ‏@GeoffreyISU · 40s

If I lived in North Carolina, Clay Aiken would certainly have my vote for Congress. I hope the residents in his district vote him in. #wow

ocropper ‏@ocropper · 49s

@clayaiken that was a great interview just now on cnn. I think you said what many people feel about politics as usual. Good for you!

Hi Merrieeee, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Cancer is such a taker. My family is devastated by the loss of 2 aunts in their 50s. They were the glue that held my dad's side of the family together. It takes a horrible toll. The worst part is the hope you get when someone recovers because sometimes it just comes back stronger. I wish you and your family just everything you need to get through this. For your husband and you. Make sure that you are taking care of you because I know that sometimes you just forget to do that which of course is very understandable.

No gala for me. I'm way too broke. It's so weird because I'm sitting on top of all these free time share weeks but I'm cashing in vacation hours as fast as I get them to pay for my mom's caregiver. And the woman still wants to go to to her family reunion in July. I will pretend it's the stroke making her not see our predicament LOL. She's doing well though so am grateful for that.

Whichever way this election goes, Clay will have made a lof of new fans in another arena and will have shown his smarts and saavy to the world. Glad to hear he didn't settle for soundbites.The state of journalism is a joke. I think he could do well in that arena as well.

merrieeee, I hope you check in again soon...

I too think Clay would do very well in the field of journalism. I keep thinking back to his wanting a talk show SOOOOOO badly early on, and how that drove almost everyone in the fandom nuts (not me, BTW). I think it would be a good way to show his smarts, and yet, since it's all about me, be able to see him pretty darn regularly.

From the Wake County Democrat's Facebook page, from their meeting yesterday:

10259294_10152138403441725_2846931534338463918_o_zps6b7cb44b.jpg

1913405_10152138404146725_8212946840657966173_o_zpse0c8b35b.jpg

Nice pics. I love Clay looking more natural. I could have been there if it weren't for Mr. Fear's dental appointment. We downsized to one car so any trips take a lot of planning.

Sending more good thoughts to merrieee and her husband.

{{{{{merrieeee}}}}}}}}}

Abm Nasir

Follow · 5 hrs

"I used microphone for singing. Now, I am using it speaking up for people." This is what Clay Aiken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Aiken), the 2nd season American Idol runner up, had to say in a fund raising today.

clay_zps2fa9b9bc.jpg

From FB with some Video from last night:

Dawn Alston Paige

Clay Aiken at his fundraiser in Durham yesterday

The result of meeting him on primary day, yet not voting for him, (I voted early) I am now forced to be his minion (one of many, we're not THAT close) and I will be working on his campaign. He's a solid candidate and he will win. If I ask you for money and time, please give it up! ⏰out lo!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/dawn.paige.14

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=865717...e=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=865714...e=2&theater

He looked fantastic. I love hearing him speak.

Chatham Habitat for Humanity

3 hrs

Thanks to Clay Aiken for joining us at Chatham Habitat for a Habitour in Siler City today! We spent a few minutes touring our construction sites, the Westmont neighborhood in Siler City, and talking about what Chatham Habitat does to change the lives of our neighbors. Pictured here with Jerry Whortan, Anna Spears, and Becky Loflin.

clay_zpsad59087c.jpg

Looks like bad allergies are the cause of his eyeglasses. But I'm ok with that, as I love him in glasses, but I also understand his pain -- allergies have been terrible this year!

Thanks ldyj . Figures he'd be in Siler City today while we were at the UNC Hospitals near Chapel Hill. Ate at a great restaurant, The Weathervane.It makes the long trip worth it. Hope it was something simple like allergies for Clay. Love watching his campaign.

that little girl is adorable.

Hope everyone is having a great 3 day weekend..well in US. I of course have to work tomorrow..at least I get to do it from home. Not sure why I got the short stick. Only 3 of us working tomorrow.

Thank you to all our men and women (and dogs!) who have served out country.

Cute little quiz on Clay from politico.com. I thought it was pretty lightweight until I started researching, and they do these kinds of lightweight quizzes for almost anyone in the political world, Republican or Democrat.

http://www.politico.com/gallery/2014/05/how-well-do-you-know-clay-aiken/001851-026443.html

Hope everyone had a good day today....couchie, I think it sucks that you had to work! How's Mom?

We had some rain right around dinnertime, so I'm guessing a few picnics might have gotten wet! I, however, listened to the weather forecast and planned a big stir fry for dinner!

Picture from a few days ago, but just posted at CV. Talk about stunning...

image_zps4b46adce.jpg

• Like 1

Hi merriee. Hope things are going well.

We had an impromptu neighborhood bbq with fourteen of us. One neighbor called us at 2:00 and by 5:00 we were grilling and chilling. I made potato salad and a corn, spinach and tomato salad. Nice to catch up with everyone.

Great picture of Clay.