#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

From Facebook:

Zembria Walker shared Zembria Walker's photo.

20 minutes ago

Today was a special day I ran into my good friend Clay Aiken who is also running for Congress. Good luck to my friend in November elections........ — feeling loved.

10603615_1439605319662136_3778184554104554777_n_zps48493794.jpg

Clay should officially be the face of the selfie! I bet he's great at it by now.

san Francisco? Hmmm. I'll wait for details. Fundraiser usually means lots of money and I'm low in that department. May have to send my mom to DC for a funeral. That's up in the air because I"m not really sure if she is up to it just yet.

I just read that Josh Gracin posted a goodbye (suicide) note on facebook? Anybody hear about that? He's ok but has been placed on psychiatric hold?

couchie, yes that is true about Josh. Very sad situation. He's now checked himself into a facility to get treatment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-worship/suicide-scare-american-idol-alum-725770

I'll also keep an eye out for you regarding cheaper tickets with the fundraiser. I think the cheapest tickets are $250, but at some of the fundraisers, they have lowered the price to as low as $50, I believe.

From Facebook:

Patricia Foxx

Look who I ran into!...Clay Aiken!!

Foxx_zpsb9e7c59b.jpg

BvdB6yvIAAAHGzS_zpsb08a6f3b.jpg

The tweet about the radio interview was actually from a few days ago. I'm sure the interview is in the CV vault. The CH vault is running behind. If anyone needs it, I can share it with you later this evening.

Forward Americans @ForwardAmerican · 25m

Opening minds & hearts w/ the truth of what is at stake in #nc02. @ClayForNC @clayaiken connecting w/ R&Us is real.

Forward Americans @ForwardAmerican · 3m

Neighbor Christy #nc02 spoke her truth on children's cancer research & lobbies Congress. @ClayForNC a voice for all!

image2_zps061b88ed.jpg

Feh. I expect it to be a lot closer than that. All these tweets and pictures are telling a story that the "experts" aren't seeing.

@ClayForNC a voice for all!

I don't know if other boards are giving background on the people and places. Among them are some expensive addresses and some very influential local folks. As well as a whole lot of regular folks whom he is touching personally. In the end, it's the 2nd district that is voting, and the Hagan-Tillis race is energizing people so I don't buy that the Republicans are more energized about this election, at least in NC. It's like after people fell asleep and let a bunch of crazies take over the Raleigh school board. The next vote they slammed those idiots to the wall. There will be Moral Monday protests all fall too. If Hagan's odds are that good, that in itself should rub off on Clay. Plus Clay "gets" North Carolina. It's a long way from now to Nov. I predict that somewhere along the line the media will start acting all surprised at how well he is doing.

And luckily, Clay is smarter than me, and possibly even more conservative than I am. He's successfully bridging some of the huge differences that do exist here in NC. I could never get elected calling folks crazies and idiots. He just has to make enough typically conservative, Republican people feel like it's OK to vote for him in the sanctity of the voting booth--they don't even have to tell anyone they did vote for him.

BvlLNE1IIAArajB_zpsb600538a.jpg

From the Cary Citizen website:

Sunday afternoon, at 2:30pm, Cary Senior Center (in Bond Park) will host the Western Wake Dems Congressional and other Candidate Potluck. It’s an opportunity to meet and hear congressional candidates Clay Aiken and Brenda Cleary along with others running for public office in western Wake and county-wide. Other candidates who have indicated they plan on attending include: Senator Josh Stein, Bryan Fulghum, Gale Adcock, Rep. Duane Hall, Sig Hutchinson, Matt Calabria, John Burns, and Judge Louis Meyer. The event is hosted out of the Cary Senior Center and, as it is a potluck, participants are asked to bring something to share. RSVP to: westernwakedems@hotmail.com.

Posted by mercedes at CV, who said this could be taken to other boards:

Hello everyone! I wanted to drop in and let you all know that we are having a bowling fundraiser event in NYC for Clay on October 2nd at 8pm. It will be held at Bowlmor Lanes in Times Square. It's going to truly be a unique experience for all who attend. Clay is looking forward to spending time with the many fans who have been supporting him over the years. It's going to be a very relaxed, laid back setting where you will mingle with Clay, other fans and supporters, and bowl. Please message me if interested and I will have an invite sent to you. Minimum ticket price/donation fee is $250 per person. Space is very limited so please respond in a timely manner. Looking forward to seeing you there!

From Instagram:

Fayetteville Technicial Community College

Met with @faytechcc President Larry Keen this morning and got a tour of the new All American Veterans Center. #ncpol #nc02

Larry_Keen_zps67920b78.jpg

This is the heading for this woman's twitter account ( Lauren Duca). Too funny.

Editor @HuffPostEnt. Tweets are my own and do not reflect the views of Clay Aiken. lauren.duca@huffingtonpost.com

@FAYTECHCC: @ClayForNC toured the @FAYTECHCC All American Veterans Center today & learned about its services for @studentvets. http://t.co/gMWrdAnRtu