#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

Just enjoying all the photos that were posted. Still reading here everyday just not much to say. Went on my bike tour(the 4th one this summer) and only rode the first two days. It rained alot and if I do not have to I will not ride in the rain. Was feeling lost because of no wifi so my husband felt sorrow for me and used his phone as a hot spot. At least I was able to keep up with anything going on.

Getting anxious for the Gala, really miss his voice and for the first time I am going to the Founders night on Friday. I know he is not singing but it will be great to hear him talk and get my picture taken with him. I have only been that close and that was when they did pictures for Broadway Cares during Spamalot. I have never had a M & G. I saved all year to go and this maybe the only time I can.

• Like 1

Hope we can meet up gbmifan. I'll be there Friday night.

In addition to our family problems, it was determined that I should probably have a hip transplant. I'm meeting with the surgeon on Wednesday. My hip is bone on bone so I've been pretty miserable. Thought Pt and exercise would help but no such luck. My son and my sister offered to help so it should be pretty easy. I am so happy we moved to a one level home from a split level. I'll be the one with a cane or hobbling all over the place.

gbmifan, it's good to see you. Sorry to hear about your rained-out bike tour. Hope you have a wonderful time at the Gala -- please give a hug to Clay for me!

fear, sorry to hear about your hip transplant. Please keep us posted on how everything progresses. I've been having hip problems for the past few years myself, so I sympathize!

I'm surprised that Clay wasn't sighted at another parade today....

I gotta say though -- he's been looking mighty fine lately.

• Like 1

Interesting article from the New York Times, with the Aiken/Ellmers race used as examples:

New Voter Guide Follows the Money

The ideological spectrum, which extends left to right from “10 Liberal” to “10 Conservative,” shows potential voters and donors the position of a candidate like Representative Renee Ellmers, a Republican from North Carolina’s Second Congressional District who is running for re-election against Clay Aiken, the singer. In that race, Mr. Aiken’s score is farther to the left of center than Ms. Ellmers’s is to the right. The site also offers similarly arranged scores on issues like health care and energy.

[snip]

The idea that you can get a clearer understanding about candidates by looking at their donation records isn’t new, but when voter guides use scorecards they are often based on endorsements or ratings by organizations. A political contribution, whether from a committee that has a consistent viewpoint on an issue or an individual who has shown support for candidates of a particular ideology, can provide similar information.

Ellmers' Crowdpac

Clay's Crowdpac

The image from the article:

2014-09-02_0942_zps0cb1f8bd.png

New email:

Good afternoon, CA4NC Gold Members!

I hope everyone had an excellent Labor Day weekend! It is time to reveal last week's raffle winner. Everyone, please join me in congratulating KAREN UNGAR of Titusville, FL. Karen, you are the recipient of a personalized copy of the DVD live version of Clay's 2010 "Tried and True" album.

CA4NC Gold Circle Weekly Raffle #10

This week’s raffle prize is:

• A personalized full-color copy of the Clay Aiken for North Carolina campaign prospectus

The next raffle winner will be announced on Monday, September 8th.

Thank you and good luck!

Eric Cannon

Clay Aiken For North Carolina

Yes, the lighting could be better, but it's still a great picture. Is that a new shirt?

BwoczyyIYAEi3jE_zpsf6fcef1f.jpg

Fear, glad things are working out for you....please keep us posted, and remind us beforehand so we can send you good thoughts!

clay_zps0c265f38.jpg

Two different tweets with this same picture:

New Frame, LLC

33 mins

New Frame is having fun at UFCW Local 1208 with Clay Aiken today.

UFCW Local 1208

43 minutes ago

Clay Aiken chatting with UFCW Local President Keith Ludlum and Secretary-Treasurer Terry Slaughter at the union headquarters today.

clay1_zps2754aa89.jpg

UFCW Local 1208

54 mins

Clay Aiken and his campaign team are filming at the UFCW Local 1208 headquarters today. Clay is a candidate for Congress challenging anti-worker incumbent Renee Ellmers in the 2nd district.

From CV

Hey Everybody!!

There are still a few spots left for the Bowling Fundraiser in NYC. This is going to be a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity and extremely intimate. For those of you on the fence, I hope that you join us. Space is super limited so please let us know ASAP if you would like to attend. You can PM Mercedes, NCWannabe, Clayphan76, or myself for more information.

Clay wants to make sure that all fans have an opportunity to participate in this event. For those of you who cannot travel to NYC, or cannot afford the minimum donation there is now a way that you can participate in the fun!! And its extremely affordable!! You can now enter to win a one of a kind souvenir! Following the event, supporters who have donated at least $25 (please feel free to donate more if you can) through the following link will automatically be eligible to win the following items through 3 separate drawings. Each item will be signed and personalized for the winner.

CLAYS BOWLING SHOES!!! One lucky winner will receive the shoes he wears to bowl that night! When will you ever have a chance to receive a piece of memorabilia this cool?!?

A BOWLING PIN Clay will be signing a pin from the evening for this prize.

CLAY'S BOWLING SHIRT Clay will be wearing a league style bowling shirt to the event. He will literally take the shirt off of his back at the end of the event and personalize it for one lucky fan!

All CA4NC Diamond and Platinum members are eligible for this prize and will be automatically entered.

For those of you who cant pass up this awesome opportunity to participate you can follow the link below. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

https://clayaiken.ngpvanhost.com/form/-5791768299686590720

ETA: this post may travel!! Please bring over to the Clayboard, ConClayve, Clackhouse ETC. It may also be posted on FB and Twitter!

From FV, via CV:

Kelly Johnson Mauldin added 3 new photos.

7 hrs ·

Me and Taylor Heaton went to Brownie Lou's for dinner and we look over and Clay Aiken was beside of us eating ...wow ‪#‎bigpplsmalltowndiner‬

#&he is a regular there too

clay_zps7fded4ad.jpg

58aa300b-9e17-4565-bfa5-837796c090db_zps0e05a69d.jpg

clay2_zpsec34eeb1.jpg

Note the camera filming him in the third picture.

luckiest, sorry, it's for us in the US only. I wish there was a way you could participate...

From CV:

COME AND BE PART OF THIS ACTIVITY

Candidate Clay Aiken will be present

Sponsored By: Maggie Outreach Community Center

and Youth Entrepreneur Leadership Program (YELP)

September 27, 2014 (1pm- 5:00 pm)

Down town Sanford, NC Historical Train Station

Raffle prizes

Games

Free food

Activities

• D.J. music( R&B Country and jazz)

• 25plus –raffle children prizes

• Military vehicle display

• City Police& Lee Co. sheriff command center/fire truck

• Drill & Ceremony class

• Boxing exhibition (Box’s not Glock)

• Raffle free bicycles

YELP is the Family’s kitchen table for teaching societal high-quality values. It’s a Family Affair!

YELP is the Fisherman of Character

Beau Minnick‏@BeauMinnick

Chatting with Clay Aiken @ClayForNC today. #ncpol

Bwy7ctVCIAE90xM_zpsebc919fc.jpg

He's a reporter for WNCN TV. Looks like there might be something on TV soon...

Two more tweets from him:

Aiken @ClayForNC says expect more political ads to start appearing in his race with @RepReneeEllmers. #ncpol @WNCN

Aiken @ClayForNC says funding and support for #FortBragg is key campaign point (referring to potential loss of 440th) #ncpol @WNCN

From Facebook:

The Sanford Herald

Rep. Renee Ellmers and 2nd Dist. Congressional challenger Clay Aiken have verbally committed to be a part of The Herald's 2014 candidates forum on the evening of Tuesday, Oct. 14. We'll have two forums this year, the first on Oct. 7. Early voting for the November general election begins Oct. 23.

https://www.facebook...cation=timeline

Dare we hope for a debate?

Judy D. Musgrave for Cumberland County Board of Education At Large

50 mins · Edited

With Congressional Candidate, Clay Aiken.

clay_zpsa6f3e9c7.jpg

www.wncn.com

Race between Aiken, Ellmers for 2nd District heating up

Race between Aiken, Ellmers for 2nd District heating up

Posted: Sep 05, 2014 4:54 PM CDTUpdated: Sep 05, 2014 4:55 PM CDT

by Beau Minnick, WNCN News - email

4666089_G.jpg

The race between "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken and GOP imcumbent Rep. Renee Ellmers for the 2nd Congressional District is heating up.

CARY, N.C. -

The race between "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken and GOP incumbent Rep. Renee Ellmers for the 2nd Congressional District is heating up.

The Senate race between House Speaker Thom Tillis and Sen. Kay Hagan has over shadowed the campaigns of Ellmers and Aiken so far.

Ads about the Senate race have been all over televisions in the state fewer ads exists from Aiken and Ellmers.

Aiken said he expects the number of ads to increase now that Labor Day has passed.

He said he has been meeting with and listening to the voters in the district.

Aiken stressed the importance of funding and maintaining Fort Bragg. The post faces the loss of the 440th airlift wing.

“This is an opportunity to send a message to Washington that says, ‘We're not OK with people who just listen to what their party leaders tell them to do,'” Aiken said. “I don't care if you are Republican or Democrat, just listening to what your party leaders tell you to do and not doing what's right for the people in your district is unacceptable.”

Aiken said he is trying to get Ellmers to debate.

WNCN attempted to interview Ellmers Friday but she had to cancel.

A spokeswoman for Ellmers said no decision have been made concerning a debate.

Ellmers camp said she has been active in trying to keep the 440th airlift wing at Fort Bragg by lobbying Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel.

“Fort Bragg and our military community are vital to the Second District and North Carolina and their well-being and readiness is a top priority for Congresswoman Ellmers in Washington. She is a tireless advocate for the communities that make up the Second District,” said Ellmers campaign spokeswoman Jessica Wood in a statement.

Copyright 2014 WNCN. All rights reserved.