#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

Sean McLean

2 hrs

Home from SC and from a county job event....If I could take back yesterday and redo it (I think I would). BUT, I would not of met Clay Aiken and sit at the same table with him. You have to lose something or someone, to win everything — with Clay Aiken.

10644173_10152573771875845_5782569151632889456_o_zpsaede927f.jpg

Pictures from the luncheon yesterday.

image_zpsca42c53c.jpg

Roy "Swede" Boreen & Candidate Clay Aiken

Swede Boreen is a WWII Veteran and Pearl Harbor Survivor who was on the U.S.S. Oklahoma in Pearl Harbor on that infamous day December 7, 1941.

image1_zpse7b29a75.jpg

Candidate Clay Aiken

Giving a rousing speech!

image2_zpsd2d10ffa.jpg

Wilma Laney, Clay Aiken & Tommy Morris

Wilma Laney, Chair MCDP Candidate Clay Aiken, U.S. House of Representatives, NC 2nd Congressional District Candidate Tommy Davis, NC State Senate District 29

From Facebook. Clay attended another event on Saturday:

Thank you to all those who came out to support the Hoke Reading/Literacy Celebration on Saturday night. We had an amazing guest speaker Mr. Earl Mills, who shared with us his story of growing up not being able to read, how he overcame those difficulties and is now the author of several books.

We were thrilled to have another special guest, former American Idol contestant Clay Aiken, who spoke eloquently of the need for increased funding for education and increased support for teachers.

Special thanks to our elected official who were in attendance: Representative Garland Pierce, Mayor John McNeill, Commissioner Ellen McNeill, and Hoke County Board of Education members Barbara Buie and Irish Pickett.

Congratulations to our students for their hard work and efforts over the 2013-2014 school year. We are proud of you all.

The special awards for this year were presented to the following:

Raz Autry Award - Student of the year - Chloe McLaughlin (child)

and Ercilia Lopez (adult)

Doris Calloway Award - Tutor of the Year - Jerry Moulton

J.D. McAllister Award - Supporter of the Year - City of Raeford

Hoke Reading/Literacy Council Volunteer of the Year -

Eriquiesha Bratcher

Your support of our program and our students is greatly appreciated.

ClayforNC retweet, from Kevin S. Potter:

Kevin S Potter @Kevin_S_Potter

.@clayaiken makes a good point about congress needing to act on #veteran hiring #tax credits ow.ly/3qf84G @ClayForNC

ajr.org (American Journalism Review)

5 Ways Reporters Can Capitalize on the Selfie Fad

The Clay Part:

Five ideas on how selfies can be worked into news coverage:

1. Political News:

Selfies have fundamentally changed the way politicians interact on the campaign trail.

As The Washington Post points out, candidates must field multiple selfie requests, prompting at least one candidate, former American Idol star Clay Aiken, running for Congress in North Carolina’s second district, to offer to take them himself to save time.

Consider tracking a candidate’s selfies and placing those on an interactive map to illustrate a candidate’s campaign trail. Cover when politicians agree to a selfie (and when they decline) or chart which campaign events generated the most selfies. Another idea: Ask readers to provide hashtags on candidate selfies (#aikenselfie perhaps?) to help you better track them.

Includes this picture from a few months ago:

374a309b30c489778d38b595efdf0006_zps64f0926a.jpg

_____

Pictures from the Hoke Reading/Literacy event Saturday (via Facebook):

clayreading3_zpsf6106b45.jpg

clayreading1_zps9216d8fe.jpg

clayreading_zps9d06dff5.jpg

clayreading4_zps5aa0da7a.jpg

New email:

Good afternoon, CA4NC Gold Members!

It is time to reveal last week's raffle winner. Everyone, please join me in congratulating PICKETT VIALL of Montpelier, VT. Pickett, you are the recipient of a personalized full-color copy of the Clay Aiken for North Carolina campaign prospectus.

CA4NC Gold Circle Weekly Raffle #11

This week’s raffle prize is:

• A personalized copy of Clay's 2006 "A Thousand Different Ways" album

The next raffle winner will be announced on Monday, September 15th.

Thank you and good luck!

Eric Cannon

Clay Aiken For North Carolina

Loved the interview from last night. He's so knowledgeable on so many issues (you pretty much have to be, as a candidate). He looks darn fine too!

New event:

Mark Coggins‎SocialSanford

Just now

Clay Aiken will be at the Lee County Fair Friday Sept. 12, 6:00pm to 7:30 pm.He will be near the exhibit halls at the main entrance located on 7th Street in Sanford

Woo hoo more stuff to buy!

Following the overwhelming success of our CA4NC T-shirts, we have decided to offer you another way to show your support of Clay Aiken for North Carolina: Bumper Sticker Magnets for your car, fridge or anywhere magnetic!

These Magnets are 3" x 9" and feature the Clay for NC logo. Signed and personalized Magnets are also available. This is a one-time exclusive opportunity to get a personalized piece of CA4NC memorabilia.

The Pre-order period will last until September 22nd. After this period ends, these Magnets will not be available anywhere, so make sure to get yours before time runs out!

You can order CA4NC Bumper Sticker Magnet by clicking the link here.

Again, these are available as a one-time offer, and will not be available ever again. So order yours before September 22nd.

Thanks for your support,

Robert Kintz

Clay Aiken for NC

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

The radio interview was good. He knows of which he talks!

From Facebook:

Wayne True Dat Clark

8:04pm (25 minutes ago) · Edited

Linda and I went to a BBQ event for Clay Aiken tonight. Had a good time; met Clay and his mom, Attorney General Roy Cooper, Secretary of State Elaine Marshall and a bunch of really nice folks. We had a great time, we have a great candidate this year!

7044_10203953365011207_615961281125106435_n_zpsf38d9310.jpg

10407737_10203953365571221_6983191882607552543_n_zps5b955f58.jpg

10672333_10203953365211212_9083905183758328671_n_zps48b13977.jpg

Email from Nick.

Hi Everyone,

We're less than a month away from the bowling event in NYC!!! There has been such an incredible response to this opportunity, both by those who are coming and from those who wished they could, that we wanted to come up with a way for anyone who can't attend to still have the chance to be supportive AND possibly be one of three lucky people to score a pretty unique piece of memorabilia.

Please click this link to learn more: http://clayaiken.ngpvanhost.com/form/-5791768299686590720

As always, I'm constantly looking for unique ways to say thank you for your enduring support. Hopefully the shirt and shoes off Clay's back and feet falls under the "unique" category!

Looking forward to seeing you at the lanes!

Nick Leisey

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. Entries must be received by October 2nd, 2014. Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or of majority under applicable law). Please email eric@clayaiken.com to enter without making a contribution. Sponsor: Clay Aiken for NC, PO Box 3809, Cary, NC 27519

I think that's one thing many people don't know about him, but many of us do, because of this wee bit of obsession about his clothes -- his frugalness! I think I want him trying to run my government, because I think he knows more about money that he lets on!

raleighnewschannel.com (also on newsobserver.com)

Hagan, Aiken to Speak at State AFL-CIO Convention

Hagan, Aiken to speak at state AFL-CIO convention

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 4:51 AM EDT

Updated: Sep 11, 2014 4:54 AM EDT

by Associated Press

Hagan, Aiken to speak at state AFL-CIO convention

RALEIGH, N.C. -

Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan and congressional candidate Clay Aiken are among the scheduled speakers at the annual convention of the state AFL-CIO in Raleigh.

Almost 200 delegates are expected to attend the convention, which will be held Thursday and Friday. Other speakers include national AFL-CIO Executive Vice President Tefere Gebre, Raleigh City Council member Mary Ann Baldwin and state Sen. Josh Stein.

Panel discussions include building power for workers in 2014 and growing the labor movement in the South.

Republican House Speaker Thom Tillis is challenging Hagan in the U.S. Senate race while Aiken is challenging Republican Renee Ellmers for the 2nd District congressional seat.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved..

Here are lots of tweets though not from Clay:(

@NCStateAFLCIO: .@clayaiken: "We can win for workers if we turnout the vote!" Vote Clay for a brighter day! #ncpol #aflcionc14 http://t.co/x4tUJh1Ram

@IATSE322: .@sagaftra member @clayaiken speaks at the #ncaflconvention He wants to work for #nc workers #talkunion #vote2014 http://t.co/YHuLU94XEN

@NCStateAFLCIO: .@clayaiken is a member of two @aflcio unions and our endorsed candidate for CD2! #ncpol #aflcionc14 #talkunion http://t.co/CnaLsvxBWU

@NCStateAFLCIO: "Workers deserve better than @RepReneeEllmers." @marybemcmillan Vote @clayaiken! #talkunion #aflcionc14 http://t.co/XK2IMrwljD

@CWA3603: .@clayaiken checking in at the 57th Annual @NCStateAFLCIO Convention. #AFLCIONC14 #1u @AFLCIO @CWAUnion @704_SPCLC http://t.co/mTZI8C95oQ